1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 23:35
    what do we think of this?

personally, if this was not played in england i think they would have stuck with the original correct decision.
  2. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 07:35
    He was out. Should have stayed out.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 09:05
    Ian should have taken off his pads and graciously told Dhoni and the umpires "Thanks guys, but I was out, fair and square. Catch you on the flipside."
  4. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 11:10
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Ian should have taken off his pads and graciously told Dhoni and the umpires "Thanks guys, but I was out, fair and square. Catch you on the flipside."
    Agreed.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 09:56
    If the umpire thought the ball was not yet dead, why had he already handed the bowler his sweater?
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 10:231 edit
    Definitely. If he were honest, he would have stuck to the rules. Yet more evidence for the real "sporting" qualities of the English. (Good thing that certain posters on this board are more honest - well done!)

Richard
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 11:54
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Definitely. If he were honest, he would have stuck to the rules. Yet more evidence for the real "sporting" qualities of the English. (Good thing that certain posters on this board are more honest - well done!)

Richard
    so what do you base this supposed negative comment on, incidences if you may ? the game was all but dead for lunch, look at the evidence from the cameras eye and most of the players..the indian's concerned correctly went through the process of toppling the bails but reconsidered over lunch..they didn't have to... read some pertinent comments from those directly concerned before making such nonsense comments...
  8. In the soup
    Moves
    03 Aug '11 03:101 edit
    If the Laws of Cricket are strictly applied, then Bell was out. It is not up to the batsman to assume that the ball is dead, or the over is over, or it's time for tea. Those decisions rest solely with the umpire. Bell himself said his action was "naive" (not to mention completely stupid). So the Indian team (at the suggestion of Tendulkar, according to a Cricinfo article) decided to cut the "youngster" some slack. Some other teams would not have done it ("toss another Pommie bastard on the barbie" ), so "bravi" to the Indian team for demonstrating "The Spirit of Cricket".
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Aug '11 07:27
    Originally posted by LeFou
    "bravi" to the Indian team for demonstrating "The Spirit of Cricket".
    Which then gets back to my point - Bell should have then have said "Thanks but no thanks guys. Out is out."

THAT would've been in the spirit of the game. Actually Bell should've stopped Strauss and Flower from walking over.
  10. In your face
    Moves
    03 Aug '11 21:53
    In out, in out, shake it all about,
    You do the okey cokey and you turn around,
    That's what it's all about.

Oh the okey cokey cokey....
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 14:41
    Which then gets back to my point - Bell should have then have said "Thanks but no thanks guys. Out is out."

THAT would've been in the spirit of the game. Actually Bell should've stopped Strauss and Flower from walking over.
    Precisely.

The Indians come out of this looking good. And the English team? Once more, there's only one team out there playing cricket and it's not them.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree