1. Joined
    09 Sep '04
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 23:00
    Worst world cup ever , one-sided matches no drama , come-backs and bob woolmer's murder . Srilanka kept a bit of fight today bu didn't factor in gilchrist once in a life time innings.
  2. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 23:50
    Cricket must be played on hard, well rolled manicured grass pitches which offer lively even bounce, early seam and late spin. A pitch which lets in a score of 300+ is like a golf course with a par of 50 or watching wimbledon on clay. No one learns and all that happens is good pace bowlers get injured trying their hearts out..

Come on ICC you've talked about it for years now do something.
  3. Joined
    15 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 18:09
    There were many disappointing aspects to this World Cup, but we should not be churlish and deny Australia the credit and kudos of thoroughly deserving the title. They easily played the best cricket and were the team to beat from the start. Well done mates!
  4. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 18:58
    Originally posted by briey1
    There were many disappointing aspects to this World Cup, but we should not be churlish and deny Australia the credit and kudos of thoroughly deserving the title. They easily played the best cricket and were the team to beat from the start. Well done mates!
    Very true, in the one day game it is incredible the dominance Australia have shown.

It proves that like in most sports, mental strength is so important.
  5. London
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 21:31
    Originally posted by AussieG
    I'll definitely be enjoying a World Cup victory (should us Aussies win the final) as it may be the last chance for a while. Several players will retire(eg. McGrath), or retire soon and then we'll have to rebuild.

A little surprised at how easily the South Africans rolled over - though their form wasn't great, I did expect a bit more than 149 all out - es ...[text shortened]... ld Number 1! They just don't seem to be able to produce the goods in the games that matter.
    Australia was definitely the best this time! 🙁 South Africa was like a yo-yo in this WC.... one game good....next poor and their game against Australia was no good... Congrats!! Australia! Well done!
  6. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    29 Apr '07 22:11
    Well done to the Australian team. For this tourney, deserved winners. How good was Gilchrist and his great innings. The crowd was dodging cricket balls all day. One of the best innings in an ODI i have seen for its brutality and brevity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree