1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 20:16
    WHO GONNA WIN THE T20 WORLDCUP 2009 ? IN MY OPINION SRILANKA WILL WIN THE CUP.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 20:33
    Originally posted by malik
    WHO GONNA WIN THE T20 WORLDCUP 2009 ? IN MY OPINION SRILANKA WILL WIN THE CUP.
    WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU....MAYBE TRY THE SPORTS FORUM.
  3. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 20:40
    Originally posted by trev33
    WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU....MAYBE TRY THE SPORTS FORUM. SPANKY
    fixed.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Jun '09 21:20
    Sri Lanka seems to rely too much on Jayasuriya, Dilshan and Sangakkara. Awesome bowling attack, but you seem thin on batting when one of those top order guys doesn't fire well.

The Windies are a disgrace to the game. I saw them field today and I was embarrassed to be associated with them through the game of cricket.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 04:49
    Originally posted by Crowley
    The Windies are a disgrace to the game. I saw them field today and I was embarrassed to be associated with them through the game of cricket.
    I am, however, proud to be associated with you through location in the Southern Hemisphere.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 07:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am, however, proud to be associated with you through location in the Southern Hemisphere.
    Talking about the Southern Hemisphere... The poor Aussies just can't seem to quite get the hang of the 20/20 game. Sending their best player home probably didn't help either.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 10:23
    Talking about the Southern Hemisphere... The poor Aussies just can't seem to quite get the hang of the 20/20 game. Sending their best player home probably didn't help either.
    The Ashes are a shoo in for England.
  8. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 13:28
    Twenty20 cricket is JUST NOT CRICKET. Does anyone really care about it? I certainly don't... Test cricket is real cricket and even one day cricket you can still get a good contest between bat and ball.. and you can rebuild an innings after an early collapse.. as for twenty20 - blah.
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Jun '09 21:291 edit
    Originally posted by AussieG
    Twenty20 cricket is JUST NOT CRICKET. Does anyone really care about it? I certainly don't... Test cricket is real cricket and even one day cricket you can still get a good contest between bat and ball.. and you can rebuild an innings after an early collapse.. as for twenty20 - blah.
    You sound very much like Younus Khan... Loser talk! Ha!

I like T20. It's entertainment. It will never detract from ODIs or tests, but it sure is bringing a new dimension to the game. If anything, 20/20 cricket will develop new skills that will just make the longer forms 'better', if you will.

BTW, did you see what players were paid to play in the IPL? I'd say there are MANY people who cares about the 20 over game. Make your peace with it, buddy. It's here to stay.
  10. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 00:42
    You sound very much like Younus Khan... Loser talk! Ha!

I like T20. It's entertainment. It will never detract from ODIs or tests, but it sure is bringing a new dimension to the game. If anything, 20/20 cricket will develop new skills that will just make the longer forms 'better', if you will.

BTW, did you see what players were paid to play in the IPL ...[text shortened]... eople who cares about the 20 over game. Make your peace with it, buddy. It's here to stay.
    You're right, it probably does sound like sour grapes or whatever, but it isn't really. Sure, I'd rather the Ausses have won but really don't care that we're out.

Of course T20 will detract from ODIs and tests. In what way will the longer forms be "better" from T20? Smashing the bowlers to all ends of the ground ain't test cricket.. And which kid would want to be a bowler when they see all bowlers getting smashed..?

Yeah, I saw that the players were paid incredible amounts to play - geez, I'd be playing too! I could never see myself getting into the IPL - at least with my country playing, I have something to follow but the IPL, who do you go for?

I am fairly sure that I will get into T20 one day.. but will take a while. Having a one-off match to start a tour isn't too bad though..

I will ask anyone.. what would you prefer to be the "World Champion" in? Test cricket, One Day cricket or Twenty20 cricket? List that in1, 2, 3.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 00:56
    You're right, it probably does sound like sour grapes or whatever, but it isn't really. Sure, I'd rather the Ausses have won but really don't care that we're out.

Of course T20 will detract from ODIs and tests. In what way will the longer forms be "better" from T20? Smashing the bowlers to all ends of the ground ain't test cricket.. And which kid would wa ...[text shortened]... mpion" in? Test cricket, One Day cricket or Twenty20 cricket? List that in1, 2, 3.
    T20 will be in the olympics some day with rugby 7s.

i prefer ODI tbh, even over test cricket, to many draws in test matches now. i'd like to see a game with only 1 innings each but 3 days to complete each match.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 11:30

Of course T20 will detract from ODIs and tests. In what way will the longer forms be "better" from T20? Smashing the bowlers to all ends of the ground ain't test cricket.. And which kid would wa ...[text shortened]... mpion" in? Test cricket, One Day cricket or Twenty20 cricket? List that in1, 2, 3.
    Batsmen are becoming more aggressive now, so suddenly you can't just have a lanky guy steaming in and hurtling the ball in the batsman's general direction at 90+MPH. T20 is suddenly bringing back spinners to the forefront, and the pacemen all need much variety in their deliveries. Batsmen and bowlers are having to 'evolve' and it's great for the game.
    I'm not sure you've watched enough of it - it really isn't this batsman's paradise some detractors will have you believe.
    Plus, T20 is definitely getting new audiences interested in cricket and that is just a good thing.

I cheered mostly for the Deccan Chargers and the Chennai Super Kings, as I'm a big fan of Gilly, Gibbs, Albie Morkel, Andrew Symonds and Matthew Hayden.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 12:32
    Sri Lanka seems to rely too much on Jayasuriya, Dilshan and Sangakkara. Awesome bowling attack, but you seem thin on batting when one of those top order guys doesn't fire well.

It's going to have to be the Sarf Africans, I think. They beat the Poms, and unlike our guys, didn't need luck to do so.

Richard
  14. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '09 13:06

I'm not sure you've watched enough of it -

Plus, T20 is definitely getting new audiences interested in cricket and that is just a good thing.

I cheered mostly for the Deccan Chargers and the Chennai Super Kings, as I'm a big fan of Gilly, Gibbs, Albie Morkel, Andrew Symonds and Matthew Hayden.
    I haven't watched any of it - certainly not the IPL - just not interested. I will watch the Aussies but didn't see either of the games they played in the T20 world cup. I'll be watching the Ashes!

You are right in that if new audiences are getting into cricket, that is definitely a good thing!

It's interesting to note that you are a fan of all batsmen - and all big hitters, aggressive batsmen - hence my point of it just being a batsmens game. It's much like baseball being primarily a pitchers game - it just doesn't have the appeal.. for mine.
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    15 Jun '09 07:20
    It's interesting to note that you are a fan of all batsmen - and all big hitters, aggressive batsmen - hence my point of it just being a batsmens game. It's much like baseball being primarily a pitchers game - it just doesn't have the appeal.. for mine.
    I'm a fan of the big hitters, because that's the way I play - it's not a product of the shortned version of the game.

Watch ome of these T20 games - you'll be surprised how easily the bowlers can get on top...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree