Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Subscriber scoop122
    scoop122
    29 Apr '10 22:16
    In Rafa we Trust
    i am gutted we went out tonight but i truly think this is this a season to write off and start afresh
    it seems like the Youth Academy is starting to bear fruit and we appeared to have signed the new Stevie-G from Charlton
    we may get some new investment. Probably not Abrahamovich levels but a commitment to a new stadium will give us a base to recover and keep in the game financially
    we have suffered a lot of key injuries and i know Rafa's tactics can be frustrating.
    i just think back to what he inherited and that we have definitely improved year by year, albeit three steps forward and two steps back
    basically we need to keep faith in our manager
    still well cheesed off we went out though
  2. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    29 Apr '10 22:41
    A great insight on Rafa's mind:
    http://www.kaagaard.dk/games/spil/lemmings/index.html
  3. 30 Apr '10 19:25
    Originally posted by scoop122
    In Rafa we Trust
    i am gutted we went out tonight but i truly think this is this a season to write off and start afresh
    it seems like the Youth Academy is starting to bear fruit and we appeared to have signed the new Stevie-G from Charlton
    we may get some new investment. Probably not Abrahamovich levels but a commitment to a new stadium will give us a ...[text shortened]... ck
    It was a close one. A huge positive that came out of it for me though was how well Aquilani played - if he can start turning in that form regularly it's good news for the future.
  4. Standard member Rooney Once a Blue
    Always a Red
    01 May '10 07:36
    Originally posted by scoop122
    In Rafa we Trust
    we may get some new investment. Probably not Abrahamovich levels but a commitment to a new stadium will give us a ...[text shortened]... ck
    I have to say that Rafa has delivered even more than we could have hoped for to be honest.

5 years without a trophy.
    Can't get past the group stages of the Champions League.
    No Champions League football next season.
    Fallen out of the top 4 teams in England.
    Not only fallen out of the top 4 but Spurs and City now have much better squads than Liverpool.
    No players developing into 1st team players.
    Constant rumors of him wanting to leave for Italy (really hope thats not true).
    4 years left on his contract
    Wants another 40m for players like Johnson and Aquaman.
    His fitness program has Stevieme over the hill at 30 and his legs have gone.
    Selling Alonso.
    He even has the ability to generate the support of all Manchester United fans to support Liverpool for their game on Sunday against Chelskie.
    Could well be the Liverpool manager that hands the magical honour of being the most successful British team ever to Sir Alex if Liverpool take points off Chelsea and hand the title to United for the 19TH TIME!

In Rafa we Trust.

You'll Never Walk Again.
  5. 03 May '10 00:04
    Liverpool were poor today against Chelsea. At times they looked like threatening but I don't think they had a shot on goal all game.

The problem is not just Raffa going (4 yrs remaining!), it's who to get in...?
  6. 05 Jun '10 14:57
    Good riddance.
  7. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    09 Jun '10 13:52
    Rafa to Inter.

So who would you like to see on the Anfield dugout?
  8. 09 Jun '10 17:34
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Rafa to Inter.

So who would you like to see on the Anfield dugout?
    I think Roy Hodgson has done enough to deserve the job. Please don't let it be Mark Hughes or Sven Goran 'I've been a Liverpool fan all my life' Eriksson.
  9. 09 Jun '10 23:39
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    I think Roy Hodgson has done enough to deserve the job. Please don't let it be Mark Hughes or Sven Goran 'I've been a Liverpool fan all my life' Eriksson.
  10. 11 Jun '10 07:17
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Kenny's the man to take over, retain our best players, get us playing attacking football and keep the ship steady until we're bought. If he got us back into the top 4 next season then it'd be considered a success given the mess we're in at the moment. Then he can step back again and hopefully we'll be an attractive proposition to the best managers available at the time.

BTW - I like and rate Roy Hodgson and if Kenny wasn't making himself available then he'd probably be my choice too.