1. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 05:43
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/080107/2/15g7q.html

Let them go home then - they're not up to scratch anyway. It's so childish - 'We're not getting our way, so we're taking our bat and ball and going home'.
  2. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 06:03
    To quote the 12th man - "..that's right, run for cover you little bastrards! We're thrashing the pants off you!!"

Pack of sooks --> I refer to the Board of Indian cricket as they are the ones who are instructing the team what to do.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 07:47
    Aussies taking the moral high ground?
    Ha! I see they are staying true to their whiner reputation.

So the aussies can hurl any abuse they want, but when someone hits back, they file complaints. What happened to 'What happens on the field, stays on the field'?

Don't get me wrong, racism has no place in sport and should be rooted out, but the 'sledging' the aussies dish out can get very personal from what I've heard, so they need to take it on the chin when someone hits back, or no sledging should be allowed anymore.

The ICC has shown over the years that they are like a old boys club. Apparently they are above reproach and can never make a mistake.
    Bull.
    Their continued support of sub-standard umpires like Bucknor just highlights this again.

Go home India and I hope Australian cricket takes a big financial hit because of this.
  4. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 08:14
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Go home India and I hope Australian cricket takes a big financial hit because of this.
    If racial abuse is to be stamped out, then it has to be stamped out on all sides - it's as simple as that.

If India goes home, they might have to pay Australia A$2,000,000 in compensation.
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 08:15
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    If racial abuse is to be stamped out, then it has to be stamped out on all sides - it's as simple as that.

If India goes home, they might have to pay Australia A$2,000,000 in compensation.
    I hope they tell the ICC to get stuffed.
  6. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 10:48
    I hope they tell the ICC to get stuffed.
    why? they let you lot back in.
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 10:57

So the aussies can hurl any abuse they want, but when someone hits back, they file complaints. What happened to 'What happens on the field, stays on the field'?

Don't get me wrong, racism has no place in sport and should be rooted out, but the 'sledging' ...[text shortened]...

i have to agree with Crowley 100% on this one.
  8. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 11:22

... the 'sledging' the aussies dish out can get very personal from what I've heard, so they need to take it on the chin when someone hits back.[/b]
    Well, you've obviously heard wrong. Most of the ex-players and commentators all say that it never gets personal.

I heard on the radio earlier an interview with Justin Langer - he said that they Aussies do sledge.. but they do it to get into the batsmans head to take his mind off the job of batting. He also said that the Aussies and the other countries all do sledge but know that there is a "line" that they should not cross - that line is where it gets personal. The players dont cross that line and have done so only once or twice that he knows of.

Racist comments is where it gets personal and after the recent series in India, both captains agreed to stamp out racism as there is no place for it. But it's a rare thing that players cross that ethical line.

The Aussies give as good as they get - they are tough and can take sledging - don't you worry about that.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 11:32
    Originally posted by AussieG

The Aussies give as good as they get - they are tough and can take sledging - don't you worry about that.[/b]
    LOL.. i think you will find, the Aussies 'give' more then they take.. and when they have to 'take' they get all high and mighty about it.

how about when Darren Lehmann, called the Sri Lankans “black c***s” not so long ago.
  10. Joined
    15 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 11:36
    Originally posted by spurs73
    LOL.. i think you will find, the Aussies 'give' more then they take.. and when they have to 'take' they get all high and mighty about it.

how about when Darren Lehmann, called the Sri Lankans “black c***s” not so long ago.
    Quite so. Remember Sarwan v. McGrath. Also the disgraceful way they treated Cairns after his sisters' death
  11. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 11:48

Don't get me wrong, racism has no place in sport and should be rooted out, but the 'sledging' ...[text shortened]...

Again you have it wrong Crowley.
    The Australian team was directed by the Australian Cricket Board and the ICC to report any racial misbehaviour. The Aussies were in trouble if they didnt say anything. It wasnt in India where we had to cop this rubbish! Imagine if a white player had called a person of mixed Anglo and Carribean descent A MONKEY!
    Just ask Herscell. He got how many weeks suspension in Pakistan?
    If the guy did it, slam him. They got away with this rubbish in India.
    The problem i have is the following;
    The Umpires were poo. Bucknor has been dropped but the other guy was poor too. Why hasnt he been dumped as well?
  12. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 11:59
    Originally posted by spurs73

Goodness, listen to all the armchair critics! It's a pretty safe bet that none of you have been in the Aussies or the oppositions dressings rooms, certainly wouldn't have been out on the ground in the field of play.. so let's face it, noone really has that much of an idea of what really goes on.. I'd love to come here with knowledge of what really goes on out in the heat of battle.

So the best anyone can really do here is speculate - and draw on random incidents from years gone by - especially those which show the Aussies unfavourably.

You will find that the Aussies and their opponents usually get on very well together and are good friends.. so that being the case, what happens on the field stays there.
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 13:42
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    Again you have it wrong Crowley.
    The Australian team was directed by the Australian Cricket Board and the ICC to report any racial misbehaviour. The Aussies were in trouble if they didnt say anything. It wasnt in India where we had to cop this rubbish! Imagine if a white player had called a person of mixed Anglo and Carribean descent A MONKEY!
    Just ask ...[text shortened]... poo. Bucknor has been dropped but the other guy was poor too. Why hasnt he been dumped as well?
    I've been called a buffalo before, because I'm a big guy. I laughed it off.
    Andrew Symonds is an ugly bastard - why can't Harbhajan compare him to a monkey? Why is monkey suddenly racist?

I don't want to get into a whole debate about what is or isn't racist. All that is going to happen is people are going to call me a racist because I'm a white South African male (so obviously I am by default a racist 😕 - just ask saffa73)

I believe Symonds and Australia cricket is playing a race card where there should be none and the ICC should rule against this.
    If they rule against Harbhajan, then all sledging should be outlawed.

Racism is an ugly thing, trust me, I know. I've seen it first-hand.
    But getting all riled up because someone compared you to an animal is childish and is making a mockery of this process.
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 13:44
    Originally posted by AussieG
    You will find that the Aussies and their opponents usually get on very well together and are good friends.. so that being the case, what happens on the field stays there.
    Exactly what I said.

Either keep it on the field, or no more sledging allowed. Period.
  15. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 14:06
    Andrew Symonds is an ugly bastard - why can't Harbhajan compare him to a monkey? Why is monkey suddenly racist?
    It's not suddenly racist, though, is it? 'Monkey', references to living in trees, and variants on those have been common themes in racist abuse for decades. E.g. the cases of throwing bananas at black football players.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree