oh, well
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 13:29
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    got a grip -- a good one at the top of the division for now

I'll take a winning streak like this one any day -- and enjoy it while it lasts

I am looking forward to seeing the Sox play the Rays next

Sometime this season the Rays will wake up and be dangerous again

I like them when they are as they are fun to watch

I don't like to watch teams, ...[text shortened]... till a sorehead, regardless of who you root for

perhaps you ought to take your own advice
    ROTFLMAO... I am poking fun at the arrogant Red Sox nation. I am not sore about a thing. I have no ax to grind, although you seem intent on sharpening it for me. I know the Red Sux are not as good as they have been playing. How did they fare last night, BTW?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 14:44
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    I didn't say he missed a sign -- some Yankee sorehead did

I was rebutting that foolish presumption

Of course Ellsbury had the green light -- he's a born thief
    shortcircuit said a sign... I was agreeing with what you said there. I didn't see where you said NYY missed a sign.

I think you misunderstand my post a bit, but no problems.

P-
  4. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 15:18
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    ROTFLMAO... I am poking fun at the arrogant Red Sox nation. I am not sore about a thing. I have no ax to grind, although you seem intent on sharpening it for me. I know the Red Sux are not as good as they have been playing. How did they fare last night, BTW?
    lessee, they lost to the Indians on a couple of errors -- why they are paying Lugo $9 mil is beyond me, they oughta play Nick Green.

My fault -- I failed to wear a Sox tee shirt or hat that night.

last night they won - they are like 12 out of their last 13 and top the division again. Had my Schilling tee and a hat on as soon as I got home. Clearly, it matters.

I am not one of those folks who became Red Sox fans after they won the series. I'm 61 yrs old, was born in Boston and I've been a fan since I was a toddler. My father was a fanatical baseball fan and rooted for the Sox -- he never stopped reminding me of the time he saw Babe Ruth play. He took me to Fenway often.

I've been a lot like a Cubs fan -- it was hopeless, but so what. Now they are a decent team and have some truly fine players that are great to watch. So do other teams. My Yankee fan pals and neighbors and I love to tease each other, but we'd have no fun at all without each other's teams. When you can come into the office and without saying a thing, just ever so slightly smiling at your co-worker the Yankee nut after the Sox just swept them -- priceless, no need for words.
  5. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    08 May '09 07:42
    The truth was Ellsbury misread a sign and wasn't supposed to go at all, but got lucky. How pleased would the Bosox brass have been had he be tossed out at the dish?
    In an interview after the game, Ellsbury said he went because he saw that Petit wasnt watching, and had a slow motion. There was no sign.

To make it more embarrasing for the Yankees, Ellsbury stumbled on the way to the plate because he decided to slide head first instead of feet first, when he saw Bay back up and give him room. What was Jason Bay's quote: He had never seen anyone steal home before! That's how rare it is!

Where did Ellsbury play college ball? Oh that's right, Oregon State University. Who, you say? The back to back CWS champs, that's who. Ellsbury is one of the few MLB players who actually went to college. How about Jed Lowrie (DL), where is he from? Salem, Oregon. Then he went to The Farm (Stanford). They won back to back CWS also.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 May '09 18:25
    Last Night you ask? 13-3 win I believe.

YOU GOT THAT?

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree