1. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 16:11
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I tend to agree. Were the Bungles resting any of their starting linemen? They were outmatched in the trenches all night.
    I suspect that ALL of the Bengals' linemen were resting.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 16:13
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Resting, as in not playing their hardest, or resting, as in not playing at all? I know that Benson and Geathers were rested and didn't play a snap yesterday. Don't know about the rest though. I'm surprised they played Palmer into the 2nd half. He was having a terrible night.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 16:35
    Originally posted by sh76
    First the Bengals need to show that they can stop the run. Otherwise, Sanchez won't have the chance to turn the ball over. All he'll be doing all day is turning around and handing the ball off.

Third string RB or no, the Bengals were blown off the line of scrimmage all night on both sides of the ball. Unless they reverse that next week, everything else is irrelevant.
    Please. During the season the Bengals allowed opponents an average of less than a 100 yards rushing a game. Thinking that a game that meant very little to them is indicative of anything is a serious mistake; I think it will be their running attack which dominates the game as it did in their games against the Ravens and Steelers.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 16:57
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    You can't rest and play at the same time in the NFL. It's not like baseball where you can give less than your maximum effort. In the NFL, if you're a lineman and you take plays off, you're going to get yourself or a teammate killed.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 19:151 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I predict the Bengals will win next week; Sanchez will turn the ball over a few times and the Bengals won't be using a third string RB. Probably low scoring; 20-10 or thereabouts.
    Haven't you been humbled by Cincinnati sports yet? 😳 Speaking of which, how about those Dreds this year?

You may want to defend professional sports teams in some other city, this city has nothing to offer you...trust me.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 19:18
    Please. During the season the Bengals allowed opponents an average of less than a 100 yards rushing a game. Thinking that a game that meant very little to them is indicative of anything is a serious mistake; I think it will be their running attack which dominates the game as it did in their games against the Ravens and Steelers.
    The Bungs have showed their arses the last half of the season. The only reason they are in the playoffs this year is because they beat up on their division, which is abysmal. In fact, I was hoping that they might beat every team in their division twice and not make the playoffs. It could have happened if KC had beaten them. That would have been a riot.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 20:361 edit
    You can't rest and play at the same time in the NFL. It's not like baseball where you can give less than your maximum effort. In the NFL, if you're a lineman and you take plays off, you're going to get yourself or a teammate killed.
    I've seen many a game where one of the teams was obviously mailing it in. This was one of them.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 01:493 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Bungs have showed their arses the last half of the season. The only reason they are in the playoffs this year is because they beat up on their division, which is abysmal. In fact, I was hoping that they might beat every team in their division twice and not make the playoffs. It could have happened if KC had beaten them. That would have been a riot.
    Just so everyone knows, it really pains me to be right all the time, but it is the burden I must alone bear. :'(

As a side note, Congrats to the Jets for the win. On the down side, however, now they have to play an NFL team next round. Eeeeeks!!

I loved it when they kept saying that the Bungs hold the record for the longest draught in the NFL for not winning a playoff game. That is something to be said with the likes of Detroit and Clevland in the mix. In fact, they have not won a playoff game since, 1991 which is the year their owner Mike Brown took over the team and have not been right since. Clearly they have been the worst team in the NFL for the last 20 years hands down.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 03:32
    I predict the Bengals will win next week; Sanchez will turn the ball over a few times and the Bengals won't be using a third string RB. Probably low scoring; 20-10 or thereabouts.
    Didn't exactly work out there for ya, eh? 🙂

Jets are a better team right now. That's really all there is to it.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 03:40
    Didn't exactly work out there for ya, eh? 🙂

Jets are a better team right now. That's really all there is to it.
    (Shrug) I don't get them all right; I'll be curious to see when you admit to error.

Sanchez played better than I expected with no TOs. We'll see what happens when this Jet team plays IND or SD.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 04:40
    (Shrug) I don't get them all right; I'll be curious to see when you admit to error.

Sanchez played better than I expected with no TOs. We'll see what happens when this Jet team plays IND or SD.
    Jets probably won't win either game.

I'd rather go to SD though. I just don't think anyone can stop Manning in the last 2 minutes at home when he needs a score.

I don't know why, but the Jets play well in SD. They beat them there in the playoffs a few years ago and have had some huge regular season wins in SD in recent years. Also, if the Jets go to SD, it means the Pats are out of the playoffs, which is always good.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '10 15:50
    Jets probably won't win either game.

I'd rather go to SD though. I just don't think anyone can stop Manning in the last 2 minutes at home when he needs a score.

I don't know why, but the Jets play well in SD. They beat them there in the playoffs a few years ago and have had some huge regular season wins in SD in recent years. Also, if the Jets go to SD, it means the Pats are out of the playoffs, which is always good.
    Wow! I still hate the Jets, but was mightily impressed with Sanchez and their running attack. Now they need to beat Indy's ass and teach them never to allow crows into your home or they pick your eyes out! Colts played with destiny and now need to pay the price for letting the jets in!
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 04:27
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Wow! I still hate the Jets, but was mightily impressed with Sanchez and their running attack. Now they need to beat Indy's ass and teach them never to allow crows into your home or they pick your eyes out! Colts played with destiny and now need to pay the price for letting the jets in!
    Well, the Patsies didn't hold up their end, so that won't happen, at least this week.

If the Ravens beat the Colts and the Jets win in SD, the Jets host the AFC title game.

Do they deserve to? 😉
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 14:075 edits
    Well, the Patsies didn't hold up their end, so that won't happen, at least this week.

If the Ravens beat the Colts and the Jets win in SD, the Jets host the AFC title game.

Do they deserve to? 😉
    considering how the Giants stunk up their own stadium on their way out the door - it would be fitting if the final game in GIANTS stadium was a game that sent the Jets to the Superbowl.

Obviously, much has to happen until then.

BUT if both upsets fall into place, the Meadowlands will be rumbling so hard in two weeks that it might cause that horrid Xanadu thing they're building to sink into the swamp. For anyone who hasn't seen that Xanadu eyesore. Trust me. You want to be routing for the Jets and Ravens next week

http://www.getoutdoors.com/goblog/uploads/pictures/jersey.jpg
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '10 21:24

Do they deserve to? 😉
    If they beat the Chargers I will tip my hat, still hate their sorry butts, yet fortunately it will never happen. SD is the hottest team in the league and actually has a D. They're not the Bengals!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree