J-E-T-S

Standard membersh76
Sports 17 Jan '11 02:02
  1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 14:36
    Originally posted by sh76
    Me?

You don't read many of scac's posts, do you?

Last year he was practically calling for the execution of all the Jets players because the Colts rested Manning in the second half of that game 15, allowing the Jets to win their way into the playoffs.
    I read them with attention to detail, you badmouthed our team, the Cowboys.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 14:38
    Me?

You don't read many of scac's posts, do you?

Last year he was practically calling for the execution of all the Jets players because the Colts rested Manning in the second half of that game 15, allowing the Jets to win their way into the playoffs.
    I was calling for the execution of Caldwell and the Colts, not the Jets! Silly Caldwell allowed last years Jet travesty!
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 15:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I read them with attention to detail, you badmouthed our team, the Cowboys.
    I would have never started in on the cowgirls had scac not pursued this vendetta against all things New York for over a year now.

If you guys stop with this nonsense about New York and the Jets, I'm happy to stop picking on Romeo and the cowgirls.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 15:23
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Yeah! You. Don't for a minute pretend like you never trash talk. It's in your blood! Plus you never let go of a grudge. Of course I hated the Colts for what they did last year by allowing Jets to back into playoffs. This year the Jets earned their way. That much I applaud. I also admit that thee Jet trash talk may have been born out of the disrespect sh ...[text shortened]... s QB stupid. Just because a team trash talks then backs it up does not make it accceptable.
    Oh, come on. You want me to find examples from 1995? How, exactly? You really don't remember Deion trash talking? Or TO? Or Irvin? I'm sure you do. Deion still trash talks and he's on TV now.

In any case, I have nothing against the Cowboys (I don't really like the Giants; so if anything, I have reason to root for the Cowboys) and I'll be the first to admit that Ryan's act is a bit over the top and ridiculous.

But you take this NY antipathy to a new level. How would you not expect a NY fan to respond to your constant disses against all things NY? Lay off NY a bit and we can have a truce.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 15:51
    Oh, come on. You want me to find examples from 1995? How, exactly? You really don't remember Deion trash talking? Or TO? Or Irvin? I'm sure you do. Deion still trash talks and he's on TV now.

In any case, I have nothing against the Cowboys (I don't really like the Giants; so if anything, I have reason to root for the Cowboys) and I'll be the first to admit t ...[text shortened]... d to your constant disses against all things NY? Lay off NY a bit and we can have a truce.
    Sounds like a deal to me. In effect the more I think about it the more brilliant I find Ryan's plan. Stuff like what went on is what makes sports great. I will diss your city no longer. Don't take it too seriously, though. Just a lot of bluster!
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 17:10
    Sounds like a deal to me. In effect the more I think about it the more brilliant I find Ryan's plan. Stuff like what went on is what makes sports great. I will diss your city no longer. Don't take it too seriously, though. Just a lot of bluster!
    Thank you.

And I'm sorry if I've been a bit hypersensitive. I know it's all in good fun.

I'm not sure if all the talk was Ryan's "plan." I think he just can't keep his mouth shut. 😉

The brilliant part of Ryan's plan the last 2 weeks is that they've been playing lots of DBs in pass coverage, just daring the 2 great QBs to run the ball too much and it's worked both times. Then, every once in a while, they'll send these secondary blitzes that have the element of surprise that they never had when Ryan used to blitz every second play.

Good luck to the CowBOYS next year with Rex's brother Rob. Like I said above, I don't like the Giants (except when they play New England) and I'll be rooting for Dallas to turn it around next year under Garrett and Ryan and Romo to come back healthy. After all, the NFL with a bad Dallas is like the MLB with a bad Yankees... Just not the same.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 17:36
    Thank you.

And I'm sorry if I've been a bit hypersensitive. I know it's all in good fun.

I'm not sure if all the talk was Ryan's "plan." I think he just can't keep his mouth shut. 😉

The brilliant part of Ryan's plan the last 2 weeks is that they've been playing lots of DBs in pass coverage, just daring the 2 great QBs to run the ball too much and it's ...[text shortened]... he NFL with a bad Dallas is like the MLB with a bad Yankees... Just not the same.
    Nah! Give RYan credit. He deflected attention from Sanchez and a suspect offense. His banter and scheme on D worked just right. I think RYan learned much from his father and eliminated the Buddy Ball garbage, bounties and other things which really have no place in sports. Hats off to a great game plan executed masterfully. I hope Rob Ryan is as good as Rex. I know he' colorful as well!

Garrett and Ryan should work well together. Romo? I dream of a better QB and hope Cowboys pick Cam Newton. Unlike Vince Young I think Newton's the real deal.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 17:43
    Have a lovely summer with Gisele, Pretty Boy!

Go work on those cameras, Bill.

First the Giants knock off the Parts in the SB after 18-0 and now the Jets pick them off after a million blowout wins late in the season and a #1 seed.

I think it's safe to say that Tommy is no longer Super Man.

Rex totally outcoached Bellichik. Brady was under duress all day. Jets OL owned the Pats front 7.

Second biggest win in Jets history.
    How about them Red Sox!

Football is second for me, but I had to take a couple of my friend's laces out of their shoes and monitor them for an hour or 2 last night.

Biggest surprise... Bill giving Rex a big friendly hug. With luck there wasn't Small Pox on his hoodie.

P-
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 20:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    How about them Red Sox!

Football is second for me, but I had to take a couple of my friend's laces out of their shoes and monitor them for an hour or 2 last night.

Biggest surprise... Bill giving Rex a big friendly hug. With luck there wasn't Small Pox on his hoodie.

P-
    You know, I thought it was strange that Bill hugged Rex too.

Do you think he gave him a little "love goose"?

Maybe he warned Rex to keep his eyes open because he will not hear him coming!!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 20:35
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You know, I thought it was strange that Bill hugged Rex too.

Do you think he gave him a little "love goose"?

Maybe he warned Rex to keep his eyes open because he will not hear him coming!!
    I think it was the only way Bill could save a half-face. Usually he bumps a palm and walks away like a soar loser... I didn't watch ANY post game, but radio today said they were yucking it up more than once after the initial hug.

People are saying Bill got out-coached, but I saw a lot of player failure like the fake punt, turnovers, and undesirable penalties I'd not seen all season.

Many people thought it was bad Muju needing to face NYJ... I felt it too... but I really thought SURE I was just being silly.

I was RONG!~ or was I right?

Hagrumph.

The good news now is I can tell my brother I'm a JETS fan and piss him off like a few years back when I told him I was now a Miami fan... or the time I ran around singing "San Diego... Supah Chahgehs"!

P-
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 21:35
    I think it was the only way Bill could save a half-face. Usually he bumps a palm and walks away like a soar loser... I didn't watch ANY post game, but radio today said they were yucking it up more than once after the initial hug.

People are saying Bill got out-coached, but I saw a lot of player failure like the fake punt, turnovers, and undesirable pe ...[text shortened]... now a Miami fan... or the time I ran around singing "San Diego... Supah Chahgehs"!

P-
    I always feel strange tidings are in the air when someone fails to respond to trash talk! I guess I was right. I also thought the Pat D was suspect and indeed they were exposed. That fake punt was a truly silly call. Shows the desperation in being unable to move the ball!
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 15:01
    I always feel strange tidings are in the air when someone fails to respond to trash talk! I guess I was right. I also thought the Pat D was suspect and indeed they were exposed. That fake punt was a truly silly call. Shows the desperation in being unable to move the ball!
    The call was fine, the guy let pressure second guess him looking around and not waiting for the snap. I really don't think coaching was an issue in this game.

GO PATS!~

P-
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 23:23
    The call was fine, the guy let pressure second guess him looking around and not waiting for the snap. I really don't think coaching was an issue in this game.

GO PATS!~

P-
    Of course it was. BIll was outcoached soundly. Pats staff never made the right adjustments, even after halftime. The fake punt was a very silly call in a close game! College teams executed these plays better for crying out loud. It did not look like there had been enough practice time. Pats let Jets in their heads! Wlkers silly response added to the problem. They can muuter and think about it all offseason long!
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 00:48
    Have a lovely summer with Gisele, Pretty Boy!

Go work on those cameras, Bill.

First the Giants knock off the Parts in the SB after 18-0 and now the Jets pick them off after a million blowout wins late in the season and a #1 seed.

I think it's safe to say that Tommy is no longer Super Man.

Rex totally outcoached Bellichik. Brady was under duress all day. Jets OL owned the Pats front 7.

Second biggest win in Jets history.
    Enjoy it. It'll be a lonnnng day at Pittsburgh.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 03:28
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Enjoy it. It'll be a lonnnng day at Pittsburgh.
    Long day indeed, but them Jets had no quit in them. I admire toughness and grit and never die attitude more than any other characteristic in sports. Hats off to the Jets for mounting a furious comeback effort. Congrats to the Steelers. BTW Bimbo Inez Sainz picked the Jets to go all the way. I am so happy that one dumb blonde is wrong yet again. Also seems that her claims of harrassment may have been somewhat exaggerated. It appears she reveasl a little too much skin then gets irked by men noticing!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree