Jets

Standard memberPhil Hill
Sports 27 Aug '12 13:37
  1. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    635
    27 Aug '12 13:37
    They already announced that they will not be playing any of their starters against Philadelphia in their last preseason game. Will they finally score a touchdown?
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    27 Aug '12 14:15
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    They already announced that they will not be playing any of their starters against Philadelphia in their last preseason game. Will they finally score a touchdown?
    This season could be a disaster; I mean 3-13, 4-12 type of disaster. Sanchez has killed the Jets. With how good they've been on defense and o-line the last 3 years, if Sanchez had panned out, this team could have turned into a perennial title contender. As it is, his failure has caused the team to make pathetic panic moves and caused other players to not want to come to NY.

    It will be at least 3-5 years for the franchise to recover unless Sanchez miraculously turns it around and becomes a good NFL QB (I'm not counting on it, but it's not impossible).

    It's incredible how important a QB can be in this league. I sincerely believe that if Mark Sanchez had been, say, Phillip Rivers, the Jets would by one of the teams to beat in the league right now.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    27 Aug '12 14:43
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    They already announced that they will not be playing any of their starters against Philadelphia in their last preseason game. Will they finally score a touchdown?
    They sure didn't look good last night.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66501
    27 Aug '12 15:22
    We are the Jets, we are Tebow,
    We want to win T-E-B-O-W
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '12
    Moves
    635
    27 Aug '12 15:31
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    We are the Jets, we are Tebow,
    We want to win T-E-B-O-W
    That only works if his name is TEBO and he wears a funny hat.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66501
    27 Aug '12 16:14
    Originally posted by Phil Hill
    That only works if his name is TEBO and he wears a funny hat.
    We ARE talking about the Jets....right???
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    28 Aug '12 22:05
    Originally posted by sh76
    This season could be a disaster; I mean 3-13, 4-12 type of disaster. Sanchez has killed the Jets. With how good they've been on defense and o-line the last 3 years, if Sanchez had panned out, this team could have turned into a perennial title contender. As it is, his failure has caused the team to make pathetic panic moves and caused other players to not want t ...[text shortened]... en, say, Phillip Rivers, the Jets would by one of the teams to beat in the league right now.
    Unless Tebow develops in the next couple of years.

    I've been watching him and his only real problems are his footwork, the trajectory of his throwing arm (he always starts his forward motion with his hand behind his head) and he stares down his recievers.... seems pretty bad but these are all coachable, especially the footwork part since he has quick feet already.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66501
    29 Aug '12 00:50
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Unless Tebow develops in the next couple of years.

    I've been watching him and his only real problems are his footwork, the trajectory of his throwing arm (he always starts his forward motion with his hand behind his head) and he stares down his recievers.... seems pretty bad but these are all coachable, especially the footwork part since he has quick feet already.
    LOL....That is like saying the basketball player is great...except his shot sucks, he can't
    play defense, and he can't rebound. But he looks good in the uniform!!
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    29 Aug '12 20:56
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    LOL....That is like saying the basketball player is great...except his shot sucks, he can't
    play defense, and he can't rebound. But he looks good in the uniform!!
    No, those aren't even close. Those are called stats what I was talking about is called technique... big difference. Tebow was only ever an extra running back at Florida and never had the chance to develop but with NFL caliber coaches I'm sure these problems can be fixed.

    He has power, agility, speed and is clutch... the only things wrong with him are coachable.

    If the basketball player had a 42" vertical and killer times on the shuttle drill and is young but can't shoot or play defense (with a 42" vert he'll get rebounds unless he's just a complete pansy) I would still pick him up because he is lacking coachable technique yet has the physical skill set to be awesome.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66501
    30 Aug '12 02:15
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    No, those aren't even close. Those are called stats what I was talking about is called technique... big difference. Tebow was only ever an extra running back at Florida and never had the chance to develop but with NFL caliber coaches I'm sure these problems can be fixed.

    He has power, agility, speed and is clutch... the only things wrong with him are co ...[text shortened]... p because he is lacking coachable technique yet has the physical skill set to be awesome.
    Got news for you. The only talents that are not coachable are size, speed and strength.
    Speed can be marginally improved can be improved through training.
    Strength can be improved through training.
    Size....that one is nature only.

    All skills are coachable. That still does not mean they will be successful.

    I like Tebow as motivated player who will work his butt off trying to improve.
    I am telling you they cannot change that throwing motion significantly because it is too
    deeply rooted. They can tweak it, but they can't fix it. That is why so many teams
    backed off of him on draft day. That is why Elway got rid of him.
    He is a likeable guy and a great teammate who doesn't get into trouble.
    He is focused and motivated. He is short on the talent to become a top tier QB

    I just don't see him as a QB. I think he is much better suited as a FB or linebacker.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    30 Aug '12 20:49
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Got news for you. The only talents that are not coachable are size, speed and strength.
    Speed can be marginally improved can be improved through training.
    Strength can be improved through training.
    Size....that one is nature only.

    All skills are coachable. That still does not mean they will be successful.

    I like Tebow as motivated player who wi ...[text shortened]... r QB

    I just don't see him as a QB. I think he is much better suited as a FB or linebacker.
    They could fix it unless they try to pressure him into playing... he needs a couple years of purely developmental work but they will probably try to use him up for whatever they can squeeze out of him.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    31 Aug '12 01:40
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Unless Tebow develops in the next couple of years.

    I've been watching him and his only real problems are his footwork, the trajectory of his throwing arm (he always starts his forward motion with his hand behind his head) and he stares down his recievers.... seems pretty bad but these are all coachable, especially the footwork part since he has quick feet already.
    If you can't throw strikes on the out pattern consistently, you'll never make it as an NFL QB.

    There's no reason to believe Tebow will ever be able to through an out pattern with precision.

    I have absolutely no expectation of Tebow becoming a good NFL QB. Maybe he can be a wildcat or change of pace guy or fill in for an injured starter now and then, at most.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    02 Sep '12 23:24
    Originally posted by sh76
    If you can't throw strikes on the out pattern consistently, you'll never make it as an NFL QB.

    There's no reason to believe Tebow will ever be able to through an out pattern with precision.

    I have absolutely no expectation of Tebow becoming a good NFL QB. Maybe he can be a wildcat or change of pace guy or fill in for an injured starter now and then, at most.
    Sanchez is not much better. Like Tebow he has flashes of brilliance, but cannot seem to find consistency. I suspect Jets repeat an 8-8 season or worse. Head coach is a blowhard who is not even the bootstraps of his more famous dad!
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    10 Sep '12 18:35
    I guess we all eat our words at least for now. I never expected such a performance and in effect picked against the Jets! Hope their season keeps going that strongly. I guess we'll see against stronger opposition.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    10 Sep '12 20:58
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I guess we all eat our words at least for now. I never expected such a performance and in effect picked against the Jets! Hope their season keeps going that strongly. I guess we'll see against stronger opposition.
    I have to say I'm stunned about yesterday. All of a sudden Sanchez looks like Peyton Manning after being incompetent in the second half of last season and horrendous in the pre-season.

    I guess that's why they play the games...
Back to Top