Joe Buck

Standard memberPocketKings
Sports 14 Oct '08 02:05
  1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    14 Oct '08 02:05
    Needs to be silenced. I've never seen more favoritism from an announcer on national TV.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66515
    14 Oct '08 04:07
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Needs to be silenced. I've never seen more favoritism from an announcer on national TV.
    The best announcers I ever heard who were pretty much unbiased in their game calling on the national level were Vin Scully, Harry Kalas, and Curt Gowdy.
  3. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Joined
    26 Mar '08
    Moves
    74043
    14 Oct '08 04:33
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The best announcers I ever heard who were pretty much unbiased in their game calling on the national level were Vin Scully, Harry Kalas, and Curt Gowdy.
    I'm bad at remembering these sorts of people...never heard of Harry Kalas nor Curt Gowdy, but Vin Scully is definitely a good one.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66515
    14 Oct '08 05:24
    Originally posted by MrHand
    I'm bad at remembering these sorts of people...never heard of Harry Kalas nor Curt Gowdy, but Vin Scully is definitely a good one.
    Harry Kalas is the voice of "This Week in Baseball" and of the Philadelphia Phillies. I am sure you have heard him many times and didn't know who he was. Curt Gowdy was partnered with Tony Kubek and called the baseball game of the week each Saturday and they called the playoffs and world series for many years.
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    15 Oct '08 01:40
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Harry Kalas is the voice of "This Week in Baseball" and of the Philadelphia Phillies. I am sure you have heard him many times and didn't know who he was. Curt Gowdy was partnered with Tony Kubek and called the baseball game of the week each Saturday and they called the playoffs and world series for many years.
    Harry is the best and he loves the Phils, its awesome, he also is the voice of NFL films.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66515
    15 Oct '08 02:15
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Harry is the best and he loves the Phils, its awesome, he also is the voice of NFL films.
    He also got his start in Houston as third fiddle to Gene Elston and Loel Passe. Elston is in the HOF.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    15 Oct '08 02:33
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    He also got his start in Houston as third fiddle to Gene Elston and Loel Passe. Elston is in the HOF.
    Enough Houston already, it's Philly time! 😉

    Harry belongs to us.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66515
    15 Oct '08 04:021 edit
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    Enough Houston already, it's Philly time! 😉

    Harry belongs to us.
    Tampa Bay has a strong Houston connection as well with Gerry Hunsicker, Jim Hickey, Trever Miller, Dan Wheeler and broadcaster Dwayne Staats coming over from the Astros while Carl Crawford and Scott Kazmir were drafted out of Houston area high schools.

    Philly only gets credit for Brad Lidge, Eric Bruntlett and Harry Kalas coming from Houston.

    The Dodgers only have Jeff Kent and James Loney who was drafted out of a Houston area High School.

    The Red Sox only have Houston schoolboy Josh Beckett on their active roster, although they did have Julio Lugo and Curt Schilling on the 60 day disabled list (Probably why they are getting whacked).

    The ex-Houston factor gives the Rays the advantage all the way. You heard it here first.
Back to Top