1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 May '07 18:221 edit
    St. Louis police have determined that 29-year-old relief pitcher John Hancock, who died last week in a fatal car crash, was drunk, talking on his cell phone and not wearing his seatbelt at the time he crashed his car into a tow truck. They also found an eighth of weed and a pipe in the glove box. They have determined that the car was driving 68 mph in a 55 zone.

Firstly, I'm not here to judge. Everybody makes mistakes. My question is what kind of tribute does a professional athlete like this, who tragically lost their life doing a tragically foolish thing, deserve from the club and from the fans?
  2. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    04 May '07 19:13
    Regardless of the context surrounding his untimely death, the oranization should do something to mark his passing. Personally, I think a moment of silence at their next home game and wearing his number/initials on the sleeves of their jerseys for the rest of the year is appropriate.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    04 May '07 21:03
    Originally posted by darvlay
    St. Louis police have determined that 29-year-old relief pitcher John Hancock, who died last week in a fatal car crash, was drunk, talking on his cell phone and not wearing his seatbelt at the time he crashed his car into a tow truck. They also found an eighth of weed and a pipe in the glove box. They have determined that the car was driving 68 mph in a 55 ...[text shortened]... ally lost their life doing a tragically foolish thing, deserve from the club and from the fans?
    Maybe use his ashes as part of the lime. If anyone had been killed besides him, I would suggest using his ashes ato fill a pot hole in the parking lot of Busch Stadium.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree