1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '17 12:28
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    Would just add, Roma

Been watching Wimbledon, and think your analysis is spot on.

Especially with no Serena. Women's tournament is v v weak
    That's my point though, you can't compare the best woman with the best men, of course the best men are going to be much better. The original argument was would Serena, the best womans player ever be in the top 700 in the mens game, to that I say yes. Would she be top 200 and competing in Wimbledon with the men? Probably not.
  2. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    09 Jul '17 13:00
    Originally posted by Trev33
    That's my point though, you can't compare the best woman with the best men, of course the best men are going to be much better. The original argument was would Serena, the best womans player ever be in the top 700 in the mens game, to that I say yes. Would she be top 200 and competing in Wimbledon with the men? Probably not.
    I think Martina and Steffi would argue with you there.cant compare her to men so impossible to say shes the best ever.
    Equal prize money for men and woman so why not equal all round including the doubles and mixed doubles
    A double standard there forgive the pun
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 23:13
    Originally posted by roma45
    I think Martina and Steffi would argue with you there.cant compare her to men so impossible to say shes the best ever.
    Equal prize money for men and woman so why not equal all round including the doubles and mixed doubles
    A double standard there forgive the pun
    Is always easy to state the best now is best ever.

Impossible to prove or disprove

A fact is the contrast between the ladies and men's tennis standards at this years Wimbledon is stark and embarrassing.

How anyone can claim equal prize money is fair is bewildering
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 18:13
    I think he/she will stay clear of sports

Got badly burned last time on here
    There doesn't appear to be any Chinese players on the tennis scene .
    Maybe table tennis is their game .
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    13 Jul '17 23:02
    Originally posted by phil3000
    There doesn't appear to be any Chinese players on the tennis scene .
    Maybe table tennis is their game .
    Ooooh dear

If D64 can drag her/his self from the distasteful 'attack on a baby'thread in 'debates', I feel the (v short) name Li Na may be winging it's way to you v soon!
  6. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    14 Jul '17 20:28
    Ooooh dear

If D64 can drag her/his self from the distasteful 'attack on a baby'thread in 'debates', I feel the (v short) name Li Na may be winging it's way to you v soon!
    Careful talking about d64
    You might get some link to the guardian from him
    Or some non related quote from a black processor
    Omg am I racist now?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 22:358 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    15 Jul '17 23:34
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I do hope, (but very much doubt), that I am not included in D64's general slur.

I am sure that she/he noticed that I pointed to the success of Li Na many hours ago.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 00:012 edits
    Puzzled by this point.

I 'wikied' it, a favoured source of D64, and find UK, for example, at 50 in population density (Belgium and Switzerland also well above)......China, in the 80+ area (no pun intended) , rankings wise.

Big population, but big country

No doubt I am ignorant of something
  10. Subscriberroma45online
    st johnstone
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 07:31
    Can you explain what the pile of rubbish has to do in connection with McEnroe v Serena?
    Woman's tennis is a joke again you bring race into it?
    You have to be the biggest racist on here
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 10:252 edits
    To be fair, Roma, Phil made the (perfectly valid )point that there are no top level Chinese tennis players at the moment.

Somehow, makes him a racist, of course!

D64 has managed to wiki Li Na, who I mentioned, then pulled Michael Chang from the annals of history

But, as you day, no engagement with our point on the standard of women's tennis. Be ready to be labelled mysogenistic.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 20:361 edit

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 20:451 edit

14. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 20:53
    The woefully ignorant Blood On The Tracks just smiles, and would point out that all countries on the list will share this 'uneven distribution'

Is the woefully ignorant D64 claiming that the UK's population is equally spread across our green and pleasant land, or may she/he concede that London, maybe Birmingham, Glasgow etc etc 'enjoy' a denser population than the rural areas

As with any country

If D64 is claiming that China is unique in this, then straws are being clutched
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 20:591 edit
    I did miss that reference amongst the usual wiki copy and paste

Don't really see its relevance

You can list the top 13 tennis players from any country. Only if they have won a Slam do they register on the world stage.

Li Na. That's it from China.

As for your 2 youngsters, good luck to them. I would refer you to my sentence above starting with 'Only' and ending in 'stage'

Maybe if you actually knew anything about sport, your arguments on here would not be so weak

For example, you can list the 13 best snooker players in China. Take out Ding and none have performed to any level of note on the world stage. Despite your woefully ignorant assertion that they had.

As Roma mentioned earlier, the thrust of this thread is essentially to argue against equal prize money in Slams for female tennis players, based on their lower performance level and less time in court (3 vs 5 sets)

Anything meaningful to say on that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree