1. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 11:54
    Eduardo ban overtuned on appeal. The right decision. If they want to card him retroactively, all well and good, but the proposed two match ban was a sham. Good to see UEFA get this right in the end.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 12:07
    It's an English conspiracy to keep the big 4 dominant in Europe.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 12:26
    Free Eduardo!

*waves fist*
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 14:05
    Originally posted by Palynka
    the top 4 here can and do, what ever they like- and it seems as they are also the founder members of the europe 16 or whatever they are called, they can and do what ever they can with UEFA as well.

Rooney has been diving for years now- and did it twice in one week after the Edwardo incident- and nothing happened!
  5. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 14:40
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Agreed, although there is also an anti-English conspiracy in Europe too, Platini embodies it, but he's not alone.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    15 Sep '09 14:45
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Agreed, although there is also an anti-English conspiracy in Europe too, Platini embodies it, but he's not alone.
    That's right. This right here is the UEFA Cold War.
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 10:04
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Eduardo ban overtuned on appeal. The right decision. If they want to card him retroactively, all well and good, but the proposed two match ban was a sham. Good to see UEFA get this right in the end.
    The man clearly dived and should of been banned , if you let him off what do you do with everybody else that dives , they will say " well Eduardo did it so what is wrong with me doing it ?" its got to stop , its cheating ,setting the wrong example to kids .
    That was a cowardly decision made by UEFA ,they have to make a stand against the likes of Wengar pressurising them in to stupid decisions .. Shame full , opens the dfoor to every dive merchant [ cheat ] in the game ....
  8. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 10:511 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    The man clearly dived and should of been banned , if you let him off what do you do with everybody else that dives , they will say " well Eduardo did it so what is wrong with me doing it ?" its got to stop , its cheating ,setting the wrong example to kids .
    That was a cowardly decision made by UEFA ,they have to make a stand against the likes of Wengar p ...[text shortened]... id decisions .. Shame full , opens the dfoor to every dive merchant [ cheat ] in the game ....
    Phil-

I saw your thoughts in the other thread regarding this. If the concern is that the overturn opens the gates for future dives (and I agree that Eduardo dove), then UEFA should put a provision in place that, going forward, those caught 'diving', 'attempting to deceive the official', however they want to word it, face the potential of a match ban.

Producing a ban for what has heretofore been merely a bookable offense is what many have objected to. The blame on UEFA in this case doesn't rest on the fact that they've overturned the decision and therefore followed the guidelines set forth, but that they didn't have sufficient guidelines for discouraging or dealing with this sort of thing in the first place.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 11:38
    Phil-

I saw your thoughts in the other thread regarding this. If the concern is that the overturn opens the gates for future dives (and I agree that Eduardo dove), then UEFA should put a provision in place that, going forward, those caught 'diving', 'attempting to deceive the official', however they want to word it, face the potential of a match ban. ...[text shortened]... icient guidelines for discouraging or dealing with this sort of thing in the first place.
    You may want to read up a bit on UEFA guidelines.

They DO have in place a provision for players attemting to deceive the ref...
    "Article 10, para 1c of the UEFA disciplinary regulations (Misconduct of players): Players may be suspended for two competition matches, or for a specified period, for acting with the obvious intent to cause any match official to make an incorrect decision or supporting his error of judgement and thereby causing him to make an incorrect decision."
    from Uefa.com

It's amazing how many people without a clue have very vociferous opinions on things, without actually knowing the rules.

Having read the relevant regulation and rereading the post of yours quoted, do you now believe that the 2 game ban was justified?

D
  10. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 11:43
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Having read the relevant regulation and rereading the post of yours quoted, do you now believe that the 2 game ban was justified?

D
    I stand corrected, so yes. Thank you for bringing me up to speed.

Seeing as UEFA was justified in handing down the two match ban, why do you suppose they rescinded it upon appeal?
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    16 Sep '09 14:22
    why do you suppose they rescinded it upon appeal?
    Fear.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree