1. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 23:17
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    nothing says World Cup 2010 contest like a bad call involving one of the goals.
    If the ball was touched by the player being offside, then yes. But it was not touched. So no offside. Referees don't just make bad calls only, you know.
  2. Internet
    Moves
    06 Jul '10 23:30
    Originally posted by Aiko
    If the ball was touched by the player being offside, then yes. But it was not touched. So no offside. Referees don't just make bad calls only, you know.
    He doesn't have to touch the ball to be offside; he's offside if the referee think he interferes with the play. I would say he interfered even though he didn't touch the ball but offside is always debatable in these cases.

In fact, offside is always debatable; it's a stupid rule, it's impossible to enforce and it's the cause of too many bad calls.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 00:53
    Originally posted by Svin1
    He doesn't have to touch the ball to be offside; he's offside if the referee think he interferes with the play. I would say he interfered even though he didn't touch the ball but offside is always debatable in these cases.

In fact, offside is always debatable; it's a stupid rule, it's impossible to enforce and it's the cause of too many bad calls.
    That is indeed the one rule in need of being canned! Do away with it once and for all and let them play!
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 03:08
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Uruguay OUT!

😵
    what suarez did in that game is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in a football game.

And, if it's about justice, Appiah was offside even before Suarez put his hand, so actually Uruguay was robbed (cause they suffered a penalty in a illegal play and their player received red card).

Uruguay absolutelly deserved to be on the semi. And was AGAIN injured by a ref mistake.
  5. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 04:35
    It's funny how nobody mentions the fact that the Ghanaian player dived to earn a free-kick which led to the scramble in the box in the first place.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 06:13
    Originally posted by monteirof
    what suarez did in that game is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in a football game.
    You're right about that. Why don't you just rename the game volleyball if you are fine with what he did?
  7. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 08:39
    Originally posted by Crowley
    You're right about that. Why don't you just rename the game volleyball if you are fine with what he did?
    the problem is volleyball already exists. Maybe suarez chose the wrong sport?
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 09:08
    Originally posted by Svin1
    It's not a stupid rule. The offside rule is one of the reasons that make the game so dynamic.

A great article:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/apr/13/the-question-why-is-offside-law-genius
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 09:45
    Originally posted by orion25
    the problem is volleyball already exists. Maybe suarez chose the wrong sport?
    folleyball
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 11:47
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    It's funny how nobody mentions the fact that the Ghanaian player dived to earn a free-kick which led to the scramble in the box in the first place.
    i did... no one wants to listen though 😞
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 11:49
    It's a pity Forlan won't play in the final. Most dangerous player in the World Cup?
  12. Cyberspace
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 14:12
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    😕

Uruguay lost this game, therefore they won't play in the final.
    I think he meant Germans are going to progress and spain will play the third place play off..
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 14:14
    Originally posted by arterioes
    I think he meant Germans are going to progress and spain will play the third place play off..
    hops knew that but thinks spain wll progress to the final 😉
  14. Cyberspace
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 14:15
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    It's a pity Forlan won't play in the final. Most dangerous player in the World Cup?
    I would give that title to david villa.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '10 14:15
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    him or villa. without villa spain would've been knocked out at the group stage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree