Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 16 Feb '08 09:17
    Now that the drunken Geordie has been despatched from the mecca of British football with his P45...

Kevin Blackwell - was No 2 to Warnock at the Lane for years, resurrected a depleted L**ds team getting them to the play-off final, and lost 1 of his first 15 matches in charge at Keilworth Road...

Good appointment!
  2. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    16 Feb '08 11:04
    all you do is talk sheffield united who cares they are crap ........LOL only joking i dont think blackwell is the man for the blades i think he will see the season out and then the blades will appoint a top manager i think blackwells just come in to see the season out and make you finish in a respectable position....Maybe the board could go for mclaren he has said he would go to the championship to manage and why not sheffield utd?on paper they are one of the biggest clubs in that league and on paper have a good squad.
  3. 16 Feb '08 14:02
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    all you do is talk sheffield united who cares they are crap ........LOL only joking i dont think blackwell is the man for the blades i think he will see the season out and then the blades will appoint a top manager i think blackwells just come in to see the season out and make you finish in a respectable position....Maybe the board could go for mclaren he ...[text shortened]... ld utd?on paper they are one of the biggest clubs in that league and on paper have a good squad.
    What's McClaren ever done?
    Appointing McClaren would be as bad as the Robson appointment.

Imagine me going to an interview for a new job and saying... "I failed there"... "I didn't do anything for that Company"... "Oh yeah, and I failed miserably with my last employer as well"...

Who'd employ someone that has consistently failed to deliver results?

The mass of poor managers that fail everywhere they go, and still manage to secure lucrative contracts at other clubs amazes me!
    Robson and McClaren are in the midst of that mass...