1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 14:51
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Read the post carefully and you will see that I said Joe Namath was not Babe Ruth and then went on to say that Namath was average for his time. The only thing Namath did worth mentioning was throw for 4000 yards in a season.
    Maybe YOU had better re-read your post. I have read it carefully several times and you did not convey what you infer that you intended to.
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 19:44
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Maybe YOU had better re-read your post. I have read it carefully several times and you did not convey what you infer that you intended to.
    LOL 😀
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 22:34
    regarding Namath, dryhump stated that "Babe Ruth the man was not"

I think he conveyed his point

But has there been ANYONE who dominated his sport like the Babe did? Wayne Gretzky is perhaps the only one who even gets into the conversation.

One problem with evaluating QBs is that the statistics don't tell the whole story - some TD passes are much more important than others - some interceptions are much more costly. Knowing when to take big risks and knowing when to play ot safe is very important. Lots of passes are totally meaningless while some passes mean everything. Being able to manage the game is crucial.
  4. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    23 Jan '09 23:10
    You're retarded. Best to hang yourself before you mate.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 00:34
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    regarding Namath, dryhump stated that "Babe Ruth the man was not"

I think he conveyed his point

But has there been ANYONE who dominated his sport like the Babe did? Wayne Gretzky is perhaps the only one who even gets into the conversation.

One problem with evaluating QBs is that the statistics don't tell the whole story - some TD passes are much ...[text shortened]... ally meaningless while some passes mean everything. Being able to manage the game is crucial.
    I would say Micheal Jordan did in basketball. Tiger Woods in golf.

I agree with your QB assessment and I don't think Kurt Warner is a great QB...IMO. I think he has to have a system in place with great players around him and he becomes a good QB. He doesn't have the ability to will a team to victory consistently a la John Elways two minute prowess, or Joe Montana's saavy, or Johnny Unitas' will.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 00:37
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    You're retarded. Best to hang yourself before you mate.
    Ah, you can't defend your arguement, so you decide to start name calling in order to try and elevate your psyche a bit. How unfortunate. Your arguement still doesn't hold water and now you have shown your true colors. Go back to the playpen now...run along.
  7. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 04:16
    With Namath and Warner you are comparing apples and oranges. When Namath played, football was primarily smashmouth and run the ball with an occasional pass. Namath was proloific as a passer among his contemporaries of his time.

During Warner's time, the league has generally been balanced to slightly more passing prone. All QB's from Warner's era shou ...[text shortened]... ed the Super Bowl victory over the heavily favored Baltimore Colts, and then he delivered it.
    Well said. Back when Namath predicted victory, everybody thought he was crazy, including myself. Baltimore was the best by far. We all know the out come. Biggest upset in any sport in the last 50 years!
  8. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 21:35
    Ah, you can't defend your arguement, so you decide to start name calling in order to try and elevate your psyche a bit. How unfortunate. Your arguement still doesn't hold water and now you have shown your true colors. Go back to the playpen now...run along.
    I've made my argument. If you choose not to agree that's your prerogative and I'll respect that. However don't start in on some pointless dispute because you couldn't understand what I was saying and have since just tried to save face by sticking to your guns. The fact remains, you're still retarded and I won't join in the "playpen". Scurry now and vent your bile elsewhere.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Jan '09 22:32
    I've made my argument. If you choose not to agree that's your prerogative and I'll respect that. However don't start in on some pointless dispute because you couldn't understand what I was saying and have since just tried to save face by sticking to your guns. The fact remains, you're still retarded and I won't join in the "playpen". Scurry now and vent your bile elsewhere.
    What is your problem? You think everyone who disagrees with you is retarded? You are an absolute joke. The only point you have made is on the dunce cap you wear on your head. Thank goodness you will no longer be posting. Now we can have an intelligent conversation.
  10. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 03:50
    What is your problem? You think everyone who disagrees with you is retarded? You are an absolute joke. The only point you have made is on the dunce cap you wear on your head. Thank goodness you will no longer be posting. Now we can have an intelligent conversation.
    On the contrary, I don't think everyone who disagrees with me is retarded. It just so happens that you are retarded and are disagreeing with something I haven't even said. About this intelligent conversation, I'd love to see it. It definitely isn't in the clan forums in the numerous posts you've made about your clan's pointless milestones.
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 09:30
    That is not always true. See George Blanda, Fran Tarkington, Len Dawson, Joe Namath...none were surrounded by greats, and all are in the HOF.

Then look at Kenny Stabler, Daryle Lamonica, Danny White & Craig Morton who were surrounded by loads of talent and are not in the HOF.

These are off the top of my head and I am sure there are plenty more examples of each.
    Daryl Lamonica. The Mad Bomber. God that brings back memories....
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 13:47
    On the contrary, I don't think everyone who disagrees with me is retarded. It just so happens that you are retarded and are disagreeing with something I haven't even said. About this intelligent conversation, I'd love to see it. It definitely isn't in the clan forums in the numerous posts you've made about your clan's pointless milestones.
    The winners perform like the champions they are while the losers just sit and complain. Go ahead and continue with your complaints now!!
  13. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 14:24
    The winners perform like the champions they are while the losers just sit and complain. Go ahead and continue with your complaints now!!
    That's a whole lot of rhetoric for another terrible such as yourself. How many more times do I have to tell you? You are retarded, go away. You seem to forget that you began this mess, you are the one who is does not understand English, you are the one projecting because you have egg on your face and you know it. So end your ridiculous facade and and find something intelligent to talk about... if you are able.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 19:13
    That's a whole lot of rhetoric for another terrible such as yourself. How many more times do I have to tell you? You are retarded, go away. You seem to forget that you began this mess, you are the one who is does not understand English, you are the one projecting because you have egg on your face and you know it. So end your ridiculous facade and and find something intelligent to talk about... if you are able.
    You are such a rube that you can't figure out who it was I was speaking to when you chirped up. Go back and read the entire thread and you will notice that you were responding to a comment that was addressed to someone else's post. Then you take off on your "retarded diatribe" which makes no sense at all. Just like Tony Romo, YOU fumbled this one!!!
  15. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    25 Jan '09 23:19
    What are you delusional? You most definitely responded to me. The evidence is in-contradictory.

You're still retarded.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree