1. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 04:59
    First and foremost let me admit that YES MY LAKERS GOT SPANKED IN THE FINALS. But also let me say this, we were without Andrew Bynum. Andrew Bynum would have given us that BIG defensive presence at the basket that we were missing last year. Now that he's healthy he's averaging 9.5 PPG, 9 RBG, 1.5 APG, 1 SPG, and 2.8 BPG. Not bad numbers for a guy SO YOUNG. Going into this year I think the Lakers were the favorites to win it all, and now that they are 7-0(thanks to win against CP3's Hornets), I still think we are the team to beat. We have the most depth in the league with Odom, Ariza(who is playing like a beast right now), Farmar, Vujajic, and Walton coming off of the bench. We shall see as the season goes on though. GO LAKERS!!!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 13:50
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    First and foremost let me admit that YES MY LAKERS GOT SPANKED IN THE FINALS. But also let me say this, we were without Andrew Bynum. Andrew Bynum would have given us that BIG defensive presence at the basket that we were missing last year. Now that he's healthy he's averaging 9.5 PPG, 9 RBG, 1.5 APG, 1 SPG, and 2.8 BPG. Not bad numbers for a guy S ...[text shortened]... , and Walton coming off of the bench. We shall see as the season goes on though. GO LAKERS!!!
    The same lineup that the WORLD CHAMPIONS crushed. Bynum won't make any difference; the Celtics young big men - Perkins, Powe, and Davis - are all getting better and we still have the Big Three. Pierce is now the best big game player in the league bar none; MVP of the Finals and just this week he poured in 22 in the 4th to beat the Raptors and last night drained a 20 foot fall-away with 0.5 seconds left to beat the previously unbeaten Hawks.

Nothing significant has changed from last year; if people want to favor the Lakers AGAIN, go ahead. But chances are the same hands will be raising the trophy next June.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 14:26
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The same lineup that the WORLD CHAMPIONS crushed.
    World champions of what? How did I miss the world championships of a sport - I LOVE watching these types of competitions!
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 16:05
    Originally posted by Crowley
    World champions of what? How did I miss the world championships of a sport - I LOVE watching these types of competitions!
    You should have been watching the Celtic-Laker series in June. The NBA Champion is the WORLD CHAMPION much as the winner of the Stenitz-Lasker match in 1894 was World Champion.
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 16:29
    The NBA Champion is the WORLD CHAMPION
    FAIL
  6. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 17:26
    The same lineup that the WORLD CHAMPIONS crushed. Bynum won't make any difference; the Celtics young big men - Perkins, Powe, and Davis - are all getting better and we still have the Big Three. Pierce is now the best big game player in the league bar none; MVP of the Finals and just this week he poured in 22 in the 4th to beat the Raptors and last night ...[text shortened]... he Lakers AGAIN, go ahead. But chances are the same hands will be raising the trophy next June.
    Actually, he had 4 seconds to shoot the ball, by the time the shot went through the net, there were .5 seconds left. Anyways we will see, I think Bynum will make all the difference. Cause they how have Odom coming off of the bench instead of the number 4 spot which he is much more comfortable with. Last year the Celtics proved to be the better team in the Finals. But the way the Lakers are playing right now, they look to be the team to take it all. We shall see as the season goes on though cause we all know that a major injury can change that in a heartbeat. Anyways, let us wait till Christmas Day when the Lakers play the Celtics. 🙂
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '08 21:02
    The same lineup that the WORLD CHAMPIONS crushed. Bynum won't make any difference; the Celtics young big men - Perkins, Powe, and Davis - are all getting better and we still have the Big Three. Pierce is now the best big game player in the league bar none; MVP of the Finals and just this week he poured in 22 in the 4th to beat the Raptors and last night ...[text shortened]... he Lakers AGAIN, go ahead. But chances are the same hands will be raising the trophy next June.
    I take it that you haven't watched the Lakers this year. Bynum and Ariza have made a significant impact on the team and we are way better defensively this year. Baring injury, the finals matchups are going to be Kobe on Pierce, Ariza on Allen, and Gasol on Garnett. If you remember the finals, when Kobe was on Pierce and Gasol was on Garnett, both Celtic players shot a low percentage. Pierce got most of his points when Radman and Walton were on him, and we all know they are horrible defensive players. Bynum is also having a significant impact in the paint where he gets 3 blocks per game, alters another 10, and gets offensive and defensive rebounds for his team. The Lakers happen to be the best defensive rebounding team this year.

One significant impact for the Celtics is the loss of Posey. He really helped in containing Kobe in the finals by taking charges and playing on ball defense. I didn't see the game last night but I assume he took part in Kobe's poor shooting performance versus NO. Who is going to defend Kobe in the finals? Pierce? Allen? Please.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 01:421 edit
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    I take it that you haven't watched the Lakers this year. Bynum and Ariza have made a significant impact on the team and we are way better defensively this year. Baring injury, the finals matchups are going to be Kobe on Pierce, Ariza on Allen, and Gasol on Garnett. If you remember the finals, when Kobe was on Pierce and Gasol was on Garnett, both Cel ng performance versus NO. Who is going to defend Kobe in the finals? Pierce? Allen? Please.
    Posey barely played half the minutes in the Finals; somebody else contained the great Kobe, didn't they?

Some Laker fans just can't face the fact that the better team won. I expect more of the same excuses in mid-June 2009 IF the Lakers make the Finals (7 games in November does not a season make).
  9. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 13:19
    Posey barely played half the minutes in the Finals; somebody else contained the great Kobe, didn't they?

Some Laker fans just can't face the fact that the better team won. I expect more of the same excuses in mid-June 2009 IF the Lakers make the Finals (7 games in November does not a season make).
    Well I've admitted that the better team won. And no 7 games in November do not make a difference but they weay a team starts out a season can be an indication of how they will finish it. The Lakers are bar none playing the best basketball beating opponents by an average of 20 points per game or so. Not to mention they haven't allowed a team to score 100 points this season yet. Before the season started the Celtics were certainly the favorites cause they are defending champions, but like I said the Lakers are playing the best basketball right now.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 14:38
    Well I've admitted that the better team won. And no 7 games in November do not make a difference but they weay a team starts out a season can be an indication of how they will finish it. The Lakers are bar none playing the best basketball beating opponents by an average of 20 points per game or so. Not to mention they haven't allowed a team to scor ...[text shortened]... are defending champions, but like I said the Lakers are playing the best basketball right now.
    The Lakers were also playing the best basketball before the Finals. That's why they were the favorites.

Bynum's a good player and he may make a significant difference. The one game he did play against the Celts last year though, Kendrick Perkins dominated him. Remember too that Perkins was hurt during the Finals and saw limited action in the last three games.

Injuries always play a big role in an NBA season; we'll have to see what happens.
  11. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '08 14:44
    The Lakers were also playing the best basketball before the Finals. That's why they were the favorites.

Bynum's a good player and he may make a significant difference. The one game he did play against the Celts last year though, Kendrick Perkins dominated him. Remember too that Perkins was hurt during the Finals and saw limited action ...[text shortened]... Injuries always play a big role in an NBA season; we'll have to see what happens.
    Agreed! 🙂
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 14:51
    Rough night for both of us; an 82 game season does have its humbling moments.
  13. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '08 15:50
    Rough night for both of us; an 82 game season does have its humbling moments.
    Hahaha yeah tell me about it. The Pistons handed it to us.
  14. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 06:07
    Hahaha yeah tell me about it. The Pistons handed it to us.
    So the other night, both our teams get humbled, but tonight both our teams dominate and make statement wins. 🙂
  15. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 00:21
    At least this year a Celtics, Lakers final should be competitive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree