1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 May '07 19:571 edit
    Real Madrid pulls off another ressurecting goal. Unbelievable...
  2. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    20 May '07 20:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Real Madrid pulls off another ressurecting goal. Unbelievable...
    Its not a coincidence, the improved levels of fitness are showing up.

Teams that run off the ball for each other always score late. Germany were always thought of as lucky.

Another good game for Beckham, McDonut take note.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    20 May '07 22:03
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Its not a coincidence, the improved levels of fitness are showing up.

Teams that run off the ball for each other always score late. Germany were always thought of as lucky.

Another good game for Beckham, McDonut take note.
    It's amazing how improved fitness levels make an astounding difference from minute 86 to minute 91. 😕

What a load of crock. Madrid may have the merit of believing until the end, but they were pretty lucky to survive this time.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    21 May '07 06:53
    Capello teams are like that. My goodness, that man is a champion maker.

Wait and see, Real Madrid will get the league.

Hey, it seems Becks is leaving Spain with a title! 🙂
  5. LA
    Moves
    21 May '07 07:50
    La Liga gets worse and worse.

The football is very attractive and entertaining to watch but I don't think the whole of La Liga could put a decent back 4 together, never mind a single team like Real or Barcelona.

We saw that standards are sliding even more in the Champions League 2007.
    Liverpool scoring twice in Barcelona.
    Real beaten by a poor side.
    Valencia, good side? Come one they have such high standards.

Think about it, why do you think Rafa Benitez turned down the job as the next coach of Real Madrid.........

The La Liga must be so easy to score goals in.
    We've seen Diego Forlan and Freddy Kanoute as top scorers OMG - shocking.
    Van Nistelrooy score 15 or 20 penalty kicks.

For entertainment value La Liga is getting better and better.
    For match winning teams in Europe the whole League is slipping fast.

- No team can defend, or has any decent world class defenders
    - No team has a decent defensive midfield player
    - Real are a tired old side, Beckham, Nistelrooy, Carlos, Raul, maybe Real will buy Tevez and ruin his career like they have with Robinho.
    - Poor training standards, no stamina, look at Ronaldinho and how the old fat Ronaldo has now become an old in shape decent player again in Italy.
    - You see more of a fighting spirit off the pitch with arguments between coaches, owners and players.
    - Your best players are leaving for Italy and England.... Ronaldinho, Eto, Torres, it will be Messi to Chelsea next if they replace Jose Morinho, if Chelsea want him they will buy him.

Watching Spanish football is like watching basketball.
    Great skill, can be really entertaining, lots of goals, but its slow paced, not very good defensively, full of old fat players and it is not physical.

I can't see Spanish football being competitive outside of Spain until you start developing (or buying if you can afford them) players thay are willing to train hard and learn how to tackle rather than learn a new party trick.

Even Manchester United now have the best party trick footballer in the world in C Ronaldo.

And whatever the coaches name is at Real today (I feel really sorry for Capello, what a waste of his talents, he should be on the next plane back to Italy because of the way he has been treated by everyone in Spain this last year).
    Madrid, don't even think about trying to buy C Ronaldo.
    Your Madrid government could not afford him, maybe he will end up in Spain in 5 or 6 years when he's older, slower, fatter and ready to show his skills on an open pitch.

La Liga started to slip the day Real sold (or should I say could not stop the sale of) Makelele to Chelsea.

La Liga fans, watch a real game of footall on Wednesday, AC Milan vs Liverpool.
    It may not be as entertaining as watching Barcelona win 6-0 with 50 shots on target or Freddy Kanoute 😕 score again.
    Or even Messi score a Maradonna goal against a bunch of farmers, I mean Getafe, who are they?
    But watch the way Gutasso and Gerrard play in midfield, don't just watch Kaka.

Lets face it, its going to be years before you see a Spanish side challenge again in the Champions League, if ever.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    21 May '07 08:18
    I prefer any Spanish match to the terrible FA Cup final, my friend.

But hey, I would also take a 2 hour session with the dentist instead of watching Chelski...

But then again, that's just my taste.
  7. LA
    Moves
    21 May '07 08:44
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I prefer any Spanish match to the terrible FA Cup final, my friend.

But hey, I would also take a 2 hour session with the dentist instead of watching Chelski...

But then again, that's just my taste.
    It depends what you want.

You are right La Liga is by far the best football to watch for entertainment and skill on the ball.

I would say though that AC Milan, Manchester United and Arsenal also play very attractive football. It would be very entertaining to watch Manchester United play in La Liga for a season.

But all round you can't beat La Liga for entertainment.

All I'm saying is that your teams need to add some defensive qualities to be competitive in Europe.

Barcelona getting beaten by Liverpool was not good for football, Barcelona dominated most of both games, but the game has chaneged. Teams need to be able to defend.
    I would like to see Spain talking about trying to sign Nesta, Terry, Carvelleo, Ferdinand, or in recent years why not Stam, buffon or Maldini?

The rumours are Spain are trying to sign Henry and Tevez, great, more fantasy football, great to watch but you will not beat teams like Liverpool and Chelski who put 10 men in defense and play for penalties or try to catch your attacking play on the break.

Chelski will I think be more entertaining next season.
    Liverpool though, I would go to the dentist over watching them play every time, unless they play a team who will take risks against them like AC Milan will.
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 13:43
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Chelski will I think be more entertaining next season.
    Liverpool though, I would go to the dentist over watching them play every time, unless they play a team who will take risks against them like AC Milan will.
    What evidence do you have to suggest Chelski will be any more entertaining than they have(n't) been this season?

Yeah, Liverpool matches are so boring! I can't think of a single memorable game (certainly of any importance) that they've been involved in since Rafa took over.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't half talk some crap.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 May '07 16:52
    Lets face it, its going to be years before you see a Spanish side challenge again in the Champions League, if ever.
    It's amazing how the world changes in 1 year.

End of last year: everybody claiming that Barcelona were the best in the world.
    End of this year: ROaB claiming that it's going to be years until a Spanish side challenge again in the Champions League, if ever.

Welcome to the brand new world of the Goldfish Football Fan.
  10. LA
    Moves
    21 May '07 17:14
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    What evidence do you have to suggest Chelski will be any more entertaining than they have(n't) been this season?

Yeah, Liverpool matches are so boring! I can't think of a single memorable game (certainly of any importance) that they've been involved in since Rafa took over.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't half talk some crap.
    I'll help you out again then if you need evidence.

FACT: The 1st season Chelsea won the league they played much more attractive football then this season, reasons being
    - Duff and a much fitter Robben gave them width and they are both creative attacking football players
    - Gallas made them stronger at the back, so their creative team had more attacking time on the ball
    - Ballack and Schevchenko caused a change of formation than didn't work, Lampard and Ballack are too similar, Schevchenko is having great trouble adapting
    - On top of seling Gallas and Duff they became a narrow team with less creativity, what a mistake selling those two playyers

FACT: Abmromovich has ordered Morinhio to play more attractive foootball, he always gets what he wants

FACT: Morihno is not stupid, he knows his teams weaknesses and he needs creative players, they will also have Cole fit and Robben, Robben makes a huge difference to Chelseas play.

FACT: Don't listen to the press, either Chelsea get a new manager and they will buy a whole bunch of new attractive players OR Morinho will buy 1 defender and 2 creative players to give them width speed and goals, pick from Messi, Tevez, M Owen, Nani, Robhinio, Kaka, Henry, Totti

FACT: Multi billionaires, when they ask for more entertainment, they always get it

I can think of one entertaining game Liverpool were in since rafa was in charge, the CL final 2005.
    - 1st half was entertaining watching Liverpool getting destroyed
    - 2nd half watching Rafas tactical plans falling appart (with his secret weapon Kewell off injured) and StevieG taking over on his own to get you back into the game was entertaining
    - Watchng the linesman rule Schevchenko offside as he broke free to make it 4-3 was entertainig
    - The penalty kicks was predictable, I mean its Liverpool

Oh yes and every time Liverpool play Manchester United is entertaining becasue Manchester United always beats Liverpool under Rafa Beheithus

And its always entertaining pre-season hearing how Rafa has turned the team around and hearing all your supporters and the press claim its your year to win the league, only for it to be over yet again come November.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 17:43
    I'll help you out again then if you need evidence.

FACT: The 1st season Chelsea won the league they played much more attractive football then this season, reasons being
    - Duff and a much fitter Robben gave them width and they are both creative attacking football players
    - Gallas made them stronger at the back, so their creative team had mo ...[text shortened]... press claim its your year to win the league, only for it to be over yet again come November.
    No facts, just the usual guff.

"Fact" 1 - What has 2 seasons ago got to do with next season?
    "Fact" 2 - Abramovic can order whatever he likes, he's not playing or picking the team. Mourinho has to get results.
    "Fact" 3 - He does know his weaknesses - a lack of quality cover at CB and CF that's why he'll buy one each this summer. He and Kenyon have already said they are not buying star names and only want 1 more midfielder.
    "Fact" 4 - Refer to "Fact" 3 answer
    "Fact" 5 - Refer to "Fact" 2, and by the way - being the chairman of a football club wanting "fluid football" and buying whatever you like are entirely different. One takes seconds, the other isn't even guaranteed.

As for the rest of the post, why do you not answer questions with direct answers? All I can see there is some waffle about what you liked about the Champions League final 2005 and some irrelevant nonsense about LFC's title challenge when we were discussing whether LFC had been involved in "entertaining games"

FA Cup final 2006? Barcelona away? Chelsea at home? By the way "Entertainment" isn't defined by who you thought should have won the match or whether a team played to it's full potential or had it's best player's on the pitch, but feel free to use them as a smokescreen to mask your failure to answer questions.
  12. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 04:011 edit
    No facts, just the usual guff.

"Fact" 1 - What has 2 seasons ago got to do with next season?
    "Fact" 2 - Abramovic can order whatever he likes, he's not playing or picking the team. Mourinho has to get results.
    "Fact" 3 - He does know his weaknesses - a lack of quality cover at CB and CF that's why he'll buy one each this summer. He and Kenyon have al use them as a smokescreen to mask your failure to answer questions.
    You really are one of the dumbest posters on the forum.

"Fact" 1 - If they played attractive football 2 seasons ago, made bad decisions and changed the team formation, then then can play good football again. They revert back to 2 wingers and buy better players. They still have the core players that played attractive football 2 seasons ago.

"Fact 2" - Morinho is paid to do what Abmramovich tells him to do or he gets fired. Chelsea are not like other teams, Morinho has been told that Chelsea must play more attractive football and still get results. If he stays, he has to do this or he will be fired. Winning the league is not enough, Abramovich wants to be entertained as well.

"Fact 3" - You really are dumb if you think Chelsea are not going to buy 2 or 3 massive players. They are playing it down because they don't want to have to pay twice the going rate for a player. They will buy one star striker (Maybe Tevez, Eto, Owen or Torres), one star left winger and one star CB.
    The reason they did not buy in the winter is because everyone could see Morinho made big mistakes in the summer, so they either had/have a plan to replace him or have given him a chance to prove himself.
    I can't believe you are so dumb you think Chelsea won't spend big this summer.
    They still may replace Morinho and if they do, they will spend really big.
    You really should think a little more before pressing POST.

"Final Fact"
    I'll say it more clearly for you.
    Multi Multi Billionaires always get what they want.
    Unless they change the rules, Chelsea will BUY BIG again and again until they play attractive football consistently.

We have to hope that tactical geniouses like Sir Alex and Wenger can counter this buy buying and developing potenital. They are the only managers that have proven that they can do this and produce league winning football in England.

Rafa has proven over the last 2 years that he can't buy a good player never mind develop one.

Please name me a player that Rafa Beneithus has bought or developed that is any good.
    I can list about 15 to 20 bad buys Rafa has made.
    I can't even think of a good buy any Liverpool manager has made since Hyppia.
    I can think of over 50m spent on crap like Douf, Heskey, Cisse, Pongolle, Bellamy, Crouch, Kuyt (lol), Fowler and thats just your strikers.

Finally make a prediction.
    What will the top 4 teams be next season.

I'll state this for the record.

(1) Manchester United
    (2) Chelsea
    (3) Arsenal
    (4) Tottenham

Please make a prediction and we shall see what hapens.

And I did answer your question.
    The only entertaining game I can think of involving Liverpool over the last 5 years was the CL Final in 2005.
    And even though you try and stifle the games against the Champions Manchester United, the games against the Champions are always entertaining because we always beat you under Rafa Beneithus.
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 08:54
    You really are one of the dumbest posters on the forum.

"Fact" 1 - If they played attractive football 2 seasons ago, made bad decisions and changed the team formation, then then can play good football again. They revert back to 2 wingers and buy better players. They still have the core players that played attractive football 2 seasons ago.
    ...[text shortened]... hampions are always entertaining because we always beat you under Rafa Beneithus.
    1 - So, because they did 2 years ago they definitely will next year? Rubbish.

2 - Mourinho is paid to win trophies. He'll do that in whatever fashion HE pleases. Success is far more important to the crazy Ruskie than playing attractively! (do you think Arsenal are happy at the moment?) He’s a ruthless businessman – Success is first and foremost on the man’s mind. If Mourinho doesn’t win trophies then Abramovich will go out and get another manager who he thinks can win them, not one that promises to play attractive football at all costs.

3 - Do you think that Chelsea can go quietly about their transfer business in buying players of the caliber you mentioned without anyone else noticing that they're available? Secondly, if a club is going to sell a player then they'll make sure everyone knows he's available and Chelsea (if interested) will have to pay well over the asking price because the sellers know they're loaded. "Playing it down"?! It's not industrial espionage.

4 - Or Abramovich leaves.

Rafa's bought Alonso, Garcia, Reina, Agger, Arbeloa, Sissoko, Pennant, Mascherano, Crouch, Bellamy and Kuyt. These, according to you, are not even "good" players?! Maybe it's YOU that should think before pressing "Post"?

Prediction? I'll wait and see what happens this summer, but one thing's for sure Liverpool and not Spurs will make up the top 4 with Chelsea, Manure and Arsenal.

Entertaining? You didn't see the 6 goal FA Cup final last year then?

Finally, other than maybe Palynka you'd be hard pressed to find another poster who thought I and not you was "the dumbest poster on this forum".

Muppet.
  14. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 09:311 edit
    1 - So, because they did 2 years ago they definitely will next year? Rubbish.

2 - Mourinho is paid to win trophies. He'll do that in whatever fashion HE pleases. Success is far more important to the crazy Ruskie than playing attractively! (do you think Arsenal are happy at the moment?) He’s a ruthless businessman – Success is first and foremost on the m who thought I and not you was "the dumbest poster on this forum".

Muppet.
    Hi my friend, you are so dumb.

(1) If they did it 2 years ago they can do it again -get it?

(2) Mourinho IS NOT PAID TO WIN TROPHIES.
    He is paid to do what Abramovich wants him to do.
    Abramovich wants attractive football AND the trophies.
    Mourinho has been told PLAY ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL or you are out.
    Chelsea are owned by Abramovich if he wants attractive football over sucess, he gets it, do you?

What rubbish are you talking about, running Chelski as a business?
    They average at a loss of 90m a year, that means nothing to Roman.
    HE WANTS IT ALL, the best players, all the trophies and attractive football.
    To get it he will pay 500m a year if he feels like, it means nothing to him.

You say he's a ruthless business man and he is, but.......
    He did not buy Chelski to earn more money, come on, you can't be that stupid.
    He earns more money from investments and dividends in a day than he will ever earn from a perfectly run Chelski.
    He wants to watch the best players, playing the best football and to win everything and he will pay for it.

Chelski can't go quietly about buying players.
    Muppets like Kenyon play the game and try to pretend they are not interested because they get paid a bonus based on their perfromance.

So if Kenyon gets Eto for 50M he gets no bonus.
    If he gets Eto for 45M he gets a 2m bonus.
    If he gets Eto for 40M he gets a 4m Bonus.
    etc.......

So you have listed Rafa's best buys, thank you.
    Lets take Manchester United and Chelski as examples, you choose:-

Alonso - Scholes or Essien
    Garcia - Carrick or Lampard
    Reina - Foster or Cech
    Agger - Terry or Vidic
    Arbeloa (who) - Evra or A Cole
    Sissoko (lol) - Hargreves or Makelele
    Pennant (lol*10) - Ronaldo or Robben
    Mascherano(lol * 100) - Giggs or J.Cole
    Crouch(lol*1000) - Saha or Schevchenko
    Bellamy(lol * 10000) - Rooney or Drogba
    Kuyt - Just about anyone, how many goals did he score?

You don't even have the guts to post your top 4 predictions.
    Its becuase you know how bad Liverpool really are and are hoping your American owners will give you a few dollars to spend.
    Unfortunately the exchange rate is 2-1 so you may not quite see the investment in new players you expect.

lol............
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 09:50
    Hi my friend, you are so dumb.

(1) If they did it 2 years ago they can do it again -get it?

(2) Mourinho IS NOT PAID TO WIN TROPHIES.
    He is paid to do what Abramovich wants him to do.
    Abramovich wants attractive football AND the trophies.
    Mourinho has been told PLAY ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL or you are out.
    Chelsea are owned by Abramovich if h ...[text shortened]... s 2-1 so you may not quite see the investment in new players you expect.

lol............
    That post just about sums up how daft you are.

Arsenal went the season unbeaten 03-04 did they simply just do it again the next season or the one after that?

Mourinho IS paid to win trophies and that is of primary importance to Abramovic. Were you in this apparent meeting where he told Jose to play attractive football first and foremost, then worry about winning?

Where did I say that Chelsea was being run as a (viable) business? I said success was paramount to a ruthless businessman. That means winning first and playing attractively second.

Why are you comparing Rafa's buys with what is available at / has been purchased by Chelsea or ManU? That was not the point of debate (not that it ever stops you from prattling on about something entirely different when it suits you). The debate was whether Rafa had ever bought any "good" players. I gave you a list of what I though were "good" players. You may not agree, but at least 7 International managers would back Rafa's opinion of them. Which by my reckoning makes you look like an idiot.

On the predictions, which mug bets on anything without knowing what shape your fancy or the opposition is in? You, (obviously) and my nan who picks horses for the national by which names she likes best! I'll wait for the summer transfer activity before deciding in which order the top 4 will finish next year thanks.

Like I said ... muppet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree