1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 10:15
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Well there is a pattern.

When Liverpool played Manchester United, United had Vidic sent off.
    When Liverpool played Arsenal, Arsenal had Adebayor sent off.
    When Liverpool played Chelsea, Chelsea had Lampard sent off.

Liverpool are very lucky against top 4 sides and for some reasons there opponents best players sent off.
    Are you preparing some kind of excuse just in case?
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 10:25
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    When Liverpool played Manchester united the sun came up in the morning.
    When Liverpool played Chelsea the sun came up in the morning.
    When Liverpool played Arsenal the sun came up in the morning.

I see a pattern developing here, Liverpool have the sun gods on their side, im off to the F.A. with this conspircy.

T**T
    Hypothesis: Liverpool's rivals getting sent off is as common as the sun coming up in the morning.
  3. where angels play
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 10:28
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Hypothesis: Liverpool's rivals getting sent off is as common as the sun coming up in the morning.
    Yeah thats it, you got it spot on plonker.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 14:35
    Yeah thats it, you got it spot on plonker.
    Thats why we have got to leave football as it is , mistakes happen its a part of our game , refs or only human and have to act in real time .
    1966 .. the hand of gob [sorry god] still talking about them after 40and 20yrs . Thats what makes footy the best sport in the world !!!!
  5. Santiago
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 15:08
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    He didn't need a replay to see Bosingwa's studs being planted in Benayoun's back - the linesman had his flag up but Riley didn't even bother consulting him.

The Lampard tackle happened quickly but I thought Riley was going to punish Alonso as I'd seen clearly that Lampard had taken the ball.

Mike Riley is a terrible (chinless wonder) ref.
    You really couldn't get more blatant than that.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 16:032 edits
    Mike Riley is a terrible (chinless wonder) ref.
    Every time I watch a game with Riley ras ref he gives me a headache. I'm convinced he was victim of something nasty at some public school for being a completly useless twonk at physical contact sports, and is now wreaking his revenge.

I can live with chelsea being below par, I can live with drogba being a petulant child on £100k a week, I can live with the best manager we've ever had getting the sack for being more popular than the owner, and I can live with Liverpool beating us; but I cannot take anymore of Mike Riley pansy-arsed refereeing. He is the new Graham Poll.

😠😠😠😠
  7. LA
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 16:21
    When Liverpool played Manchester united the sun came up in the morning.
    When Liverpool played Chelsea the sun came up in the morning.
    When Liverpool played Arsenal the sun came up in the morning.

I see a pattern developing here, Liverpool have the sun gods on their side, im off to the F.A. with this conspircy.

T**T
    There are patterns all over the place, this is just one.

I'm more interested in this pattern.

1989 Michael Thomas scores THAT GOAL and Arsenal win the League at Anfield in the last kick of the game.

1999 Manchester United win the treble.

2009 - Could it be the quadrouple????????????????

I like years that end in 9!
  8. LA
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 16:29
    Are you preparing some kind of excuse just in case?
    No excuses needed.

I was worried by Chelsea, always have been and all my posts consistently say I think Chelsea will finished 2nd.

Now that Liverpool have taken another 3 points from (thank you) Chelsea to peg back Chelsea and stop Liverpools 6 game drawing streak.

I'm very happy.

Not sure why Lampard was red carded when it was Lampard that was fouled but who cares when you are top with games in hand.

Listen again AB.

(1) Manchester United
    (2) Chelsea
    3,4,5 - who cares, its a battle anything can happen.

I can easily see Liverpool finishing 5th though.
  9. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 19:32
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

Listen again AB.

Read, surely?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 01:14
    Originally posted by phil3000
    mistakes happen its a part of our game , refs or only human and have to act in real time .
    1966 .. the hand of gob [sorry god] still talking about them after 40and 20yrs . Thats what makes footy the best sport in the world !!!!
    True, referees mystakes are part of our beautiful game!

Although poor Pedro Mendes who "didn't score" possibly the best goal anyone has ever scored against Man U won't agree!

But in this case the sending off didn't matter, Chelsea were rubbish up to that point anyway, I was hoping they'd hold on for a 0-0 draw but it was a very well deserved win for Liverpool...counting down the days to March 14th!!!!!!!!
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 02:03
    Read, surely?
    he means listen to the voices in your head AS you read.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 02:13
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Thats why we have got to leave football as it is , mistakes happen its a part of our game , refs or only human and have to act in real time .
    i dissagree, people lives are at 'steak' - a poor refereeing decision can cost millions in todays game.

Thats what makes footy the best sport in the world !!!!

er no.

this is what makes football the best sport in the world.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=exlBHTyB1R0
  13. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 17:39
    Well, it's official.

The FA has responded regarding the Bosingwa incident and will take no action based on the FA rule that if the referee in the game is aware of the event in question at the time that it happened then they cannot punish the offending player additionally. Mike Riley has told the FA that he witnessed the event as it happened and decided to take no action.

Quite a silly rule. Something rotten in the state of Football.

I haven't heard anything yet about the possibility of Lampard's red card being overturned.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 18:06
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    I haven't heard anything yet about the possibility of Lampard's red card being overturned.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/03/frank-lampard-chelsea-red-card-fa

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree