1. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 09:58
    Originally posted by boarman
    I know England lost but what do people think of Beckham's performance.
    Average.
    It just looked good in comparison to Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, Barry etc.

I'm glad Croatia won. They deserved it.
    Now the England all-stars can get back to the real issue of raking in the cash in the Premiership & Champions League games without the distraction of having to earn kudos for the FA.
  2. Chalk Village
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 11:06
    Croatia deserved the win. Tactically England were awful. It's been coming. It was not just this result that put England out.The wrong manager was chosen.

For 'English Football' this was a result that in the long term will be a blessing.

Now time for the FA to act...that means

Jose Mourinho
  3. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 11:10
    Originally posted by carjam
    Croatia deserved the win. Tactically England were awful. It's been coming. It was not just this result that put England out.The wrong manager was chosen.

For 'English Football' this was a result that in the long term will be a blessing.

Jose Mourinho
    Would he accept the England job though?
  4. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 11:15
    I'm actually happy we're out!! Now those bunch of over rated, over paid jack asses can have a nice long time to consider their usefulness to the human race. 100k+ a week some of those losers are on! Criminal!! 😠
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 12:021 edit
    Originally posted by carjam

Jose Mourinho
    Mourinho still needs/wants more years of club football.

I would jump at the chance of having Capello coaching Portugal. If you guys nail him, it could very well be the blessing in disguise...

Edit: So I'm hoping the English FA does what it does best and appoint some random English bloke.
  6. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 17:11
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Hey Chico,

I'm not too bothered about England not making the finals because:-
    - McClaren is an aweful manager
    - We have 2 years now to get a decent manager like Scholari and get the team playing well for the World Cup
    - Rooney wasn't fit to play so I expected England to get battered, I mean Gerrard, Lampard, have they ever had a good game fo ...[text shortened]... will drop the passengers like Gerrard, I'm not too bothered about the English national team
    😴 😴 😴

Empty words, running out of the shame, crying and screaming. Only the usual...

Grow up, Donald Duck.

Signed: The Best Football of the World.
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 17:25

- Manchester United will have players like Rooney and Ferdinand well rested over the summer
    - I've been looking forward much more to Manchester United beating up teams like Barcelona, Madrid, Ac Milan and Roma in the Champions League,
    Good points... to be honest i dont give a S+it about england... as long as SPURS win thats all i care about.

and to be honest most ppl now support their club team more then their internation team.
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 18:37
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Good points... to be honest i dont give a S+it about england... as long as SPURS win thats all i care about.

and to be honest most ppl now support their club team more then their internation team.
    As a fully paid up member of the Sheep Shag army, I'm struggling with both club and national teams right now 😞
  9. Utrecht
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 19:17
    I enjoyed the game very much. And was England really that bad? I don't think so. They were in the gutter and fought their way up with a tremendous energy. It is always when your favorites loose, the idea gets stronger they must have played bad. Always looking for soemone to blame.
    But it's hard to manage a national team. Big names, big ego's, maybe too many lookalikes in style and positions and not used to play with eachother. It takes months and months in a row to create a system that works.
    Holland has the same problems. Good players, but their game suck big time.
    But I'm glad the english gangsters stay on their island this summer!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 19:35

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 19:52
    i would laugh at england.... but i'm too busy still laughing at this...

"Greece arrived in Portugal for Euro 2004 as 150-1 outsiders who had never won a match at a major tournament."

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha...
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 19:53
    Originally posted by rhb
    As a fully paid up member of the Sheep Shag army, I'm struggling with both club and national teams right now 😞
    I hear that!
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 19:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. LA
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 20:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Read Roy Keane's quote on the England performance mate.

I haven't been excited watchng England play since the end of the 2nd year of Sven's time in charge.

England have had all these problems for years:-
    - No team shape
    - Poor defensive play
    - No creativity
    - No team spirit on the pitch
    - An inability to pass the ball consistently
    - Players picked becasue of their names not how they play for ENGLAND, remember the John Barnes syndrome?

I was quite happy to see England's embarrasing exit.
    One thing you learn in life is that its sometimes far better for you to take a fall, recover from it and learn your lessons.

England need a manager like Wenger, Ferguson, Morinho, Scholari or o'neil.
    Someone who will make the players play as a team.

People like you Trevor may sit there in your comfortable couch chearing on players payed over 100k a week that can't pass a ball 10 feet for their country and just stroll about cluless on the pitch.

I personally much prefare to watch my club side Manchester United play with pure ability and team spirit, giving 100% every game.
    I don't slag off my teams best players (like you do about Rooney) claiming the 22 year old frustrates you and you spend most of your time shouting at him during games.

Yes that kind of football supporter makes me sick.
    You slag off Rooney when he's been in the hat as player of the season three years running at 22.
    He comes back from injury and in the month Kaka says Ronaldo is the best player in the world, Rooney wins the award of player of the month.

You just keep on slagging off the club side players you 'support' and keep on cheering for the England players that turn up in their Ferrari's for England.

I'll cheer for England again when they start playing like players that want to win.
    You keep on eating the prawn sandwiches and read Keane's comments on the match.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 20:59
    Read Roy Keane's quote on the England performance mate.

I haven't been excited watchng England play since the end of the 2nd year of Sven's time in charge.

England have had all these problems for years:-
    - No team shape
    - Poor defensive play
    - No creativity
    - No team spirit on the pitch
    - An inability to pass the ball consistently ...[text shortened]... n.
    You keep on eating the prawn sandwiches and read Keane's comments on the match.
    show me the keane quote and then i'll point out how your post reinforces everyones belief about your football knowledge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree