1. LA
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 23:102 edits
    Originally posted by trevor33
    you asked me to read the quote, i couldn't find it so asked you πŸ˜›

you live in la? how do you get to watch so much football that you talk about?
    Ok, you're Irish so you don't support 100k a week Internationals.

I agree England's problem has been the manager who could not motivate the players.

We'll have to disagree about Rooney, but as a Manchester United supporter who sees all the games I find it difficult to understand how you can't see his world class ability.

When Rooney was named player of the month (I may be wrong) but I think Ronaldo scored about 6 goals that month in all competitions.

I've not read many world cup of International posts because I've lost interest in the English Internationals, maybe its partly because I've lived in LA for 4 years. So if your post proves that you don't slag off your team, then I'm wrong and I appologise.

My interest in England will increase with the new manager but I get very frustated watching Lampard, Gerrard getting picked continually when they can't play in an England shirt.
    Also like I said, I would prefare Manchester United to win something than England.
    Thats just my choice.

The prawn sandwich comments are just jokes about people who slag off players from their comfortable seats (or couches), I think you know were that quote comes from.

I don't think you have proved anything about everyones belief about my football knowledge.

Anyway,

As for how do I see so much football in LA?

There are actually many more live Premiership games in America than in England.
    On a saturday Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) has games on from 5.00am until 11.00am.
    Setanta Sports also has live games.
    You get the 12.30pm kick off live at 4.30am πŸ™
    Usually 2 games live 3.00pm kick off games at 7.00am πŸ™
    If there is a 5.30pm kick off game you get that live. πŸ™‚
    Also you get a full game at 5.00pm, 9.00am here that is a repeat of a 3.00pm kick off.

The same happens on Sunday.

There is also the equivalent of Match of the day on Saturdays and we get Sky Sports News for an hour twice a day on FSC.

Not that anyones interested (and I don't need to hear it), but you can also see me in Vegas at the Hatton fight, the link below shows someone in the crowd holding a Rooney Manchester United top at 2.42 minutes into the clip as the boxers enter the ring.

YouTube

I also shook hands with Rooney, SWP, Vinney Jones, Robbie Williams, Emanuel Stuart and Marco Antonio Berarra at the fight.
    Happy times.

Can't wait to see the next Hatton fight live.
  2. In your face
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 23:43
    Jaysus. I'm just glad it's all over. If we'd got through to the finals then we would have had to put up with the embarrassment of playing with the big boys... and getting ones toes burnt.
    The way I see it is........ if we can't come at least second in a group involving Croatia and Russia, then we don't have a chance of beating Italy, Frace, Spain Portugal etc.
    As for who is going to take the job over... erm. it's a big step for anyone to take given the English Hero to Zero mentality.
    Good luck to em..................
  3. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 08:28
    Originally posted by Palynka

But I know who I admire between Gattuso and Ashley Cole.
    I'm hoping it's Gattuso. That guy is just friggin' great to watch. Unmatched work ethic and passion.
  4. LA
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 20:51
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    I'm hoping it's Gattuso. That guy is just friggin' great to watch. Unmatched work ethic and passion.
    You live in the past.

Is this the same Gattuso who was benched often last season?

The same Gattuso pulling the strings in AC Milans 'midfield' right now?

Unmatched work ethic and passion - he had it, has lost it and left it in the locker in Istabul in 2005.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 21:25
    Originally posted by spurs73
    well i dont think you are the only one with that view
    the prem league is so competitive now and so exciting to watch it beats most international games anyday now (apart form say the world cup finals itself and to some extends the european champions)

I like a lot of other ppl dont want to see our players get injured playing international football and the ...[text shortened]... changed all that, and club football has taken over international matches for true football fans
    I think you're over generalising, and applying your thoughts to world football, when really it only seems to apply to the "home nations".

I watched Peru play Brazil the other night, and it was one of the most fascinating games of football I've seen in ages. Peru were brilliant. Defensively they gave their all, their keeper was brilliant, their passing and movement were top notch. If Pizarro wasn't languishing in the Chelsea reserves, I think they may have beaten Brazil. They truly played their hearts out.

I really don't understand England's problem. On paper, the quality is there. But then you think about the ego's of the players on the pitch. Gerrard wants to be star man, so he doesn't play any 5-10 yard passes, always looking for the killer 60 yard pass. Same with Lampard. Joe Cole thinks he's a star man and has to try to beat a whole team everytime he gets the ball. It reminds me of when Veron and Beckham were in the same United team. They constantly tried to outdo each other with the 70 yard passes, invariably they both gave it away.

D
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 21:28
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    You live in the past.

Is this the same Gattuso who was benched often last season?

The same Gattuso pulling the strings in AC Milans 'midfield' right now?

Unmatched work ethic and passion - he had it, has lost it and left it in the locker in Istabul in 2005.
    Can't say I agree with that. Gattuso destroyed United last year.

D
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 21:471 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    [b]I think you're over generalising, and applying your thoughts to world football, when really it only seems to apply to the "home nations".
    fair point... i think i dont really enjoy watching england anymore to be honest.. i find them very boring to watch😳

I enjoyed watching the scotland- italia game and i also watched the game you are refering to between Brazil and Peru.. a great game of football.

So to recap. i think what i should say is i perfer to watch Spurs more then England!
  8. LA
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 21:54
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Can't say I agree with that. Gattuso destroyed United last year.

D
    He did, but for Milan he was benched often during the season.
    There was a lot of talk of him being sold in the winter.
    Also United had a decimated back 4 but Gattuso did run the game.

Also this season Milan are very poor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree