1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 18:51
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    So you think it was wrong of him to look for the penalty?

Its the 94th minute of a game you have been dominating, you're 0-1 down and you go up for a challange 50/50 in the box in front of the kop. I think any professional footballer would have done the same. I dont think he got beat, he just showed the desire to win it and made the most of the situation.
    You shouldn't rise to their bait. We all know that every team in the world would have accepted the ref decision of a penalty if in their favour. They pick on Gerard/Liverpool because the UK ones fear them in the premiership - they don't mention the villas etc. The foreigners are the hypocrites as we all know they make a living out of diving and are frightened to have Liverpool in the champions league as a potential opponent.
    Ignore them and let the results do the talking.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 18:571 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    For the record, I don't care about his diving much. What I care about is his hypocrisy regarding the attacks he has made on foreign players.
    Agreed.

Just check the "foreigners-are-guilty" tone around here. Just like that phony Gerrard.

Freakin' hypocrisy, I tell you.

The Premier League is nothing without the foreigners.
  3. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 20:48
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    You shouldn't rise to their bait. We all know that every team in the world would have accepted the ref decision of a penalty if in their favour. They pick on Gerard/Liverpool because the UK ones fear them in the premiership - they don't mention the villas etc. The foreigners are the hypocrites as we all know they make a living out of diving and are frightene ...[text shortened]... the champions league as a potential opponent.
    Ignore them and let the results do the talking.
    So you don't think that Gerrard is a diver?
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 21:16
    Originally posted by MrHand
    So you don't think that Gerrard is a diver?
    In a general sense "no" unlike others mentioned.
  5. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 21:28
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    In a general sense "no" unlike others mentioned.
    I don't think he dives as much as Drogba, but I think he dives more than your "average attacking player."

C. Ronaldo used to go down all the time...however, I think he has curtailed it quite a bit and, in fact, I think that Gerrard dives just as much as Ronaldo now.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 21:33
    I don't think he dives as much as Drogba, but I think he dives more than your "average attacking player."

C. Ronaldo used to go down all the time...however, I think he has curtailed it quite a bit and, in fact, I think that Gerrard dives just as much as Ronaldo now.
    The problem is NOT how much he dives, BUT that tries to ride the high horse and condemn diving on others.

It's called hypocrisy. Gerrard masters the art, the filthy bastard.
  7. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 22:24
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The problem is NOT how much he dives, BUT that tries to ride the high horse and condemn diving on others.

Agreed. However, it also bugs me that some people hold on to the idea that ONLY foreign players are excessive in their diving.
  8. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 23:22
    Originally posted by Seitse

😀... its about time that we started to adopt the European/South American 'cunning mentality' perhaps with abit more'simulation' we'll win a world cup!!

Pure class
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    06 Nov '08 08:54
    Agreed. However, it also bugs me that some people hold on to the idea that ONLY foreign players are excessive in their diving.
    Agreed.

English people dive as hell, and big time.

Exhibit A = Ms. Stefani "the glass legs" Gerrard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree