1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 10:13
    If you knew that you were not going to win the CL this year, to whom and when would you rather lose?

Honestly, as a Liverpool fan, I'd rather have lost to Arsenal the other night than lose to Chelsea in the semi or (worse still) ManU in the final.

If we're not going to win it then losing in the final to Barca would be my choice.
  2. Shanghai
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 15:53
    As a Chelsea fan I would hate to lose to any of the teams left but if we were to win the premiership would happily sacrifice the CL. Maybe out of the 4 lose to man utd but there again if Chelsea get to the final and we have a huge party then it would be annoying to lose then.

On a seperate note, does anyone think european competition would be better without the away goals rule? I personally think that it effects the games from the outset and changing the rules of football so that some goals are worth more than others is worse than extra time and penalties.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 18:41
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    If you knew that you were not going to win the CL this year, to whom and when would you rather lose?

Honestly, as a Liverpool fan, I'd rather have lost to Arsenal the other night than lose to Chelsea in the semi or (worse still) ManU in the final.

If we're not going to win it then losing in the final to Barca would be my choice.
    I dont think my heart could take a man U Pool final and the possibility of Koppites singing "we won it six times against Man U" is just too much.

The Pool Chelsea semi is an intriguing one, surely Chelsea cant be eliminated by Pool again!!! Having said that Rafa is the man in two legged Euro ties.

I think we will beat Barca and face Pool in the final.

Four great matches to look forward to either way...
  4. LA
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 05:151 edit

If Manchester United lost to Chelsea I would want Chelsea to go on and win the competition.

If Manchester United lost to Arsenal in any round (or the final) it would be very depressing. Just the thought of Wenger's smug face on tv would put me in a bad mood for 2 or 3 days.

However I would still rather beat Chelsea in the QF and lose to Arsenal in the SF.

If Manchester United lost to Liverpool in any round except the final it would be deeply depressing.
    I wouldn't read any football articles or listen to talksport etc... for about 2 weeks.

If Manchester United lost to Liverpool in the CL final.
    I think I'd top myself, the weeks and months of BS that would be written, spoken and stick i'd take from people is unthinkable.
    I can just see all the rear car windows now with stickers and flags, errr...

I'd rather United lost against anyone at anytime rather than have to face defeat at the hands of Liverpool.

Luckily Liverpool won't get past Chelsea, no chance. I find it very amusing how Liverpool supporters think they are already in the final.
    However if the ref helps Liverpool past Chelsea, I have absolutely no doubt United would destroy Liverpool in the final.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 12:41
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I find it very amusing how Liverpool supporters think they are already in the final.
    I find it very amusing how you continue to spout sweeping generalisations as facts.
  6. LA
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 06:22
    I find it very amusing how you continue to spout sweeping generalisations as facts.
    Read the viewers comments on sites like teamtalk.com.

Every single poster on the Liverpool page when talking about the SF claim that Chelsea are unable to beat Liverpool in Europe.

I think Liverpool are in for a big surprise and will end up going out by about 3 clear goals.
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 09:221 edit

Just the thought of Wenger's smug face on tv would put me in a bad mood for 2 or 3 days.
    ..and so say all of us!
    😀😀😀😀
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 13:28
    Read the viewers comments on sites like teamtalk.com.

Every single poster on the Liverpool page when talking about the SF claim that Chelsea are unable to beat Liverpool in Europe.

I think Liverpool are in for a big surprise and will end up going out by about 3 clear goals.
    Teamtalk comments and polls are hilarious.

I just read this comment by Dale (Chelsea Fan)...
    "such is the desperation of the pool to grab what ever money they can from who ever, shows they will go to any length to buy a title , funny how they still cannot finance a top team from their so called massive world wide support, obviously not as big as they thought, serves them right going to the yanks cap in hand."

: D
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 15:51
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Teamtalk comments and polls are hilarious.

I just read this comment by Dale (Chelsea Fan)...
    "such is the desperation of the pool to grab what ever money they can from who ever, shows they will go to any length to buy a title , funny how they still cannot finance a top team from their so called massive world wide support, obviously not as big as they thought, serves them right going to the yanks cap in hand."

: D
    I always wonder if those are ironic postings of other teams fans.
  10. LA
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 16:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I always wonder if those are ironic postings of other teams fans.
    Teamtalk posters have a nice balance of true fans, observers and people pretending to support the club but are really rival fans posting contraversial views.

There is one common theme though for Liverpool Football Club.
    They should rename the club to "Our Once Great Club".

LOL.

GG Tom Hicks!
    And I don't understand the fans, Liverpool already have one DIC what's the problem?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree