1. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    22 May '09 12:06
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    I was giving serious consideration to posting on this 'ere bored again until I read this thread.

What a load of drivel.

Edit - yes, I know, I did post.
    Ah so you've finally recovered from drinking yourself into oblivion after the Chelsea defeat and the moment when you realised Manu had won their title again! 🙂🙂🙂

Fair play to you guys though for proving you's are capable of winning the league, if you's keep Gerrard and Torres fit next season could be one of the best title races ever!
  2. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '09 22:57
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I have probably seen more games than you have had lolly pops sun shine !!
    Did i mention the 60,s ? any way , while on the subject .... to win the European cup you had to win your games [about six usually ] or you was out !! the way it is now ,witth a league system favours big clubs with big squads ,you can lose games and still get through to the next ...[text shortened]... as a level playing field in financial terms then ... who do you think the three will be ? 🙂
    who can spot the untruth here
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 May '09 13:15
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    I don't really like lolly pops so you might be right 😉

Yes you need a big squad to win the PL or CL, so what, that's the way football is now, get over it!

If we were to argue about which is harder to win the CL now or the old European cup this thread will go on for another year, yes the big clubs can lose in the earlier rounds but if we were still doi ...[text shortened]... e rest of us enjoy next years title race between perhaps 3 of the 4 best teams in the world!
    It does,nt bother me !!!, what bothers me , is people like you telling me not to watch football ,i have been watching football for 40 yrs [probably a lot longer than you , maybe ?]
    I do enjoy football as i did way back then , but now you can buy your way to silverwere but you could,nt then !!!
    My football team is Grimsby Town first and last !!!. The town i come from !!😛
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    27 May '09 09:21
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Well done Man U , but i think it will be Liverpool next year !!!!
    Liverpud had their chance this year. They got 6 points off United (unlikely to happen again for a decade or two) and they got x number of points from last minute winners and comebacks (eg portsmouth , chelsea , boro , wigan, man city etc).

Assuming that they share points with United next season and don't score as many goals in the last 5 minutes of matches that will probably mean at least 12 points to find from somewhere to have a chance. Combine all this with the fact that they are unlikely to do the double over Chelsea again either.

They got 86 points this time round , but that was an exception to the basic rule. I expect they will get around 78 next season - it will not be enough.
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    27 May '09 10:37
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Liverpud had their chance this year. They got 6 points off United (unlikely to happen again for a decade or two) and they got x number of points from last minute winners and comebacks (eg portsmouth , chelsea , boro , wigan, man city etc).

Assuming that they share points with United next season and don't score as many goals in the last 5 minutes of ...[text shortened]... eption to the basic rule. I expect they will get around 78 next season - it will not be enough.
    [b]Ass
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    27 May '09 17:27
    Originally posted by knightmeister

Assuming that they share points with United next season and don't score as many goals in the last 5 minutes of ...[text shortened]... eption to the basic rule. I expect they will get around 78 next season - it will not be enough.
    You really must try harder.
  7. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    27 May '09 17:29
    You really must try harder.
    So, it seems, must Liverpool.
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    28 May '09 07:25
    Originally posted by cadwah
    So, it seems, must Liverpool.
    Thanks for your pearl of wisdom. I'll let Rafa know that it was a lack of effort that cost us the title.
  9. Standard memberdoctor rhythm
    useless at chess
    Moves
    28 May '09 11:40
    Originally posted by quorthon
    I hope so,I really get sick of those arrogant Man U.
    I wish Barca wins the CL final.
    You got your wish mate....but no chance of the scouse bin dippers doing it next season
  10. where angels play
    Moves
    28 May '09 20:21
    Originally posted by doctor rhythm
    You got your wish mate....but no chance of the scouse bin dippers doing it next season
    And what do you base that pearl of wisdom on? It must be our terrible track record in the competition.
  11. In your face
    Moves
    28 May '09 22:56
    Thanks for your pearl of wisdom. I'll let Rafa know that it was a lack of effort that cost us the title.
    You're on personal terms with hjim? 😀
  12. In your face
    Moves
    29 May '09 22:29
    This thread is sinking just like Liverpool will next season 😛
  13. Joined
    24 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 May '09 10:00
    I hope so,I really get sick of those arrogant Man U.
    I wish Barca wins the CL final.
    Well done Barca,you see the difference between ego tripper Ronaldo and teamplayer Messi.The facts showed who really is the best player.
    Man Utd showed to be bad losers really unsportsman like,Yuk.
  14. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    31 May '09 10:52
    Liverpool sucks.

You know it.

I know it.

Everybody knows it.

================THREAD CLOSED=====================
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    31 May '09 21:23
    Well done Barca,you see the difference between ego tripper Ronaldo and teamplayer Messi.The facts showed who really is the best player.
    Man Utd showed to be bad losers really unsportsman like,Yuk.
    excellant point regarding Messi and Ronaldo.

As for the other point- well to be honest i though both rio and even redface himself did acknowledge that Barca were the better team on the night- something they never usualy do when they lose

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree