Moves
    19 Sep '08 02:33
    http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2uom26ojw8.jpg
  2. LA
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 16:30
    Originally posted by cadwah
    http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2uom26ojw8.jpg
    I think we've seen this graph about 19 years running now.
    Its called another false dawn.

This years Menu:

Starter:
    - Last minute extra time winner limps them into the CL pot
    - 2 league games with last minute winners, mask the poor displays and start the title charge.
    - The this is our year rumours and forum threads startup

Main Course:
    - Momentum sparks their 1st half decent performance of the season as they win their cup final against the Champions of England and Europe.
    - Now the title chants start with half the team and fans claiming this is their year, ignoring the fact that the one man team hides a poor display in France as they steal a 2-1 away win in the CL.

Desert:
    - Torres second season syndrome
    - Keane, looking to rival Veron as the most overpriced player in Premiership History, except they won't get 17m back when they move him on at the end of the season
    - Home bore draw against the worse team in the league, Gerrard must be running out of steam, he's getting on these days, is he 30 next year?
    - Message boards startup the sack Rafa threads yet again, must be approaching the end of September already
  3. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    23 Sep '08 21:12
    Typical rant from a blinkered Man Yoo fan,😞..still playing catch up can Fergie better our Trophey tally before he retire's?........😴
  4. LA
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 04:43
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    Typical rant from a blinkered Man Yoo fan,😞..still playing catch up can Fergie better our Trophey tally before he retire's?........😴
    When we win the league this season we will be the most sucessful team in English history with 18 Championships and 11 FA Cups.

Who's interested in any of the other mickey mouse domestic cups.

Its unlikely we will catch you up on European Cups while Fergie is manager, well maybe its 50/50.

We have the best attacking side in Europe:-
    Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Nani, Giggs, Scholes and Mancho is a class act if he can get a game.

World class central midfield:-
    Hargreaves, Carrick, Anderson and Fletcher is getting strong in this role.

And its a toss up with Chelsea on who has the best defense in Europe:-
    Vidic, Ferdinand, Brown, Evra, VDS, Foster.

All the Ferdinand bashers like Spurs73 have gone quite on this front.
    Its lets slag off VDS now.

Back to Liverpool, your days are numbered.
    City are going to take your 4th place CL spot.
    The Americans will not sell for years, its clear to any business man that all Premiership sides are going to double in value over the next 5 years.
    DIC may have been scared off by City, do they want to compete against them?
    And why you all think DIC would only be interested in LFC amazes me.
    You are all so blinded by your ancient history.

To summerize LFC over the next 5 years:-
    - Mid table obscurity
    - No new stadium
    - With Gerrards imminent slow decline (30 next year) about to start you are really scr#w&d
    - No money for players
    - Bye bye Rafa, then Torres etc.......
    - The yanks must be thinkinng, "even if we had some money Rafa's not getting it after the 20m he's spent on that Irish Donkey"

Face it with Torres suffering from a bad case of 2nd season syndrome, not a single Liverpool player would get in United's side.
    Don't tell me Gerrard would take Ronaldo's place on the right wing.
    You won your cup final last week then normal service resumes with Stoke at home.

YNWA (You'll never walk again).
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 08:17
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    When we win the league this season we will be the most sucessful team in English history with 18 Championships and 11 FA Cups.

Its unlikely we will catch you up on European Cups while Fergie is manager, well maybe its 50/50.

Ronal ...[text shortened]... week then normal service resumes with Stoke at home.

I love the way you omit things to try and score points. "the most sucessful team in English history with 18 Championships and 11 FA Cups"

Firstly, you haven't won 18 championships.
    Secondly, if you're talking domestically you HAVE to include League Cups!
    And, I think you tried to use "English" to get around the European Cups argument, but however you word it, Liverpool FC has always been in England and European Cups can't be discounted from any list.

I can't be bothered to reply to the rest of your guff but must point out that although Keane hasn't scored he's actually started to play well in the last few matches. Torres has been injured - to say he's suffering 2nd season syndrome after 5 games shows how stupid you are.

And as for the players getting into each others sides - there's no way even the most ardent Manure fan can say that Reina, Carragher, Skrtel and Gerrard wouldn't walk into the Utd side ahead of Van der Sar, Vidic, Ferdinand and any of your woeful central midfielders on current form. Those 3 Utd players I named have been awful so far this season. The rest of the team's very contentious - not many stand out performers in either team so far.
  6. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 14:00

Ronal ...[text shortened]... week then normal service resumes with Stoke at home.

Light the blue-( sorry red ) touch paper and stand well back,another amazing 'soap box rant' since we are only just into the season your powers of prediction rival that of any Romany gypsy,awesome spectulation and all it took was a jibe about knocking Man Yoo off their f***ing perch. There is so much I could retort with but I share the same abivelance as Angry boy,I look forward to poking fun in this forum about Man Yoo in future...😀
  7. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 14:37
    Last season Man U started very badly, people wrote them off when they were about 5 points behind Chelsea, almost 8.

And how did the season end?
  8. LA
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 15:54
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    I love the way you omit things to try and score points. "the most sucessful team in English history with 18 Championships and 11 FA Cups"

Firstly, you haven't won 18 championships.
    Secondly, if you're talking domestically you HAVE to include League Cups!
    And, I think you tried to use "English" to get around the European Cups argument, but however you ...[text shortened]... the team's very contentious - not many stand out performers in either team so far.
    You are the most biased welsh scouser I have ever known.

(1)
    I said if/when we win the Premiership we have 18 titles that matches Liverpool and with 11 FA cups that makes us the most sucessful club in England.
    Please don't talk about the league cup, or charity shield or acrington stanley cups you have won.
    I think the teams we all put out on Tuesday merit the value of the league cup.
    In the 80's they use to call the League Cup the Liverpool Cup because Liverpool were the only team that entered it.

(2)
    Are you dumb?
    I said it was 50/50 that Sir Alex would match Liverpools European record of 5 European cups (even though I'm not mentioning the treble which you never won).
    And United have to beat better teams than Munchengladbach and St Ettien to get into the final these days, lol.
    The European Cup was so easy to win in your era that Villa won it and Forest won it twice, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES.

(3)
    Torres is injured is he, so why are you playing him?
    Keane is garbage, couldn't make it in Italy, never did much at Spurs, typical Rafa 3rd rate purchase.

(4)
    Skertel and Carragher better than Vidic and Ferdinand, why am I wasting my time typing a reply to this drivle.

Gerrard bettter than Ronaldo - foff

Reina better than VDS and Foster, well you are getting warmer but still of the pace as usual.

Our aweful midfield, let shave a look.
    Discounting Giggs, Nani, Ronaldo, Park, lets have a look.

Anderson, Hargreaves, Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher.

Discounting Gerrard because Ronaldo S*it* all over him.
    - Alonso, too slow, and you've tried to sell him all summer.
    - Mascherano, can't score, can't create, has a big mouth though
    - Errrm, I can't think of anyone else of note

Over the last 2 seasons our "aweful 3 players and not too many out performers" have won 2 Championships and the CL.
    You have wone nothing, get use to it.
    Do you not think its "a bit strange" for a top side to be in 19 years of transition?

You (as usual) are very quick to claim United are not performing but defend Torres and Keane as WC.

Stick to the Welsh Premiership or whatever league your country has.
  9. LA
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 16:00
    Light the blue-( sorry red ) touch paper and stand well back,another amazing 'soap box rant' since we are only just into the season your powers of prediction rival that of any Romany gypsy,awesome spectulation and all it took was a jibe about knocking Man Yoo off their f***ing perch. There is so much I could retort with but I share the same abivelance as Angry boy,I look forward to poking fun in this forum about Man Yoo in future...😀
    Please retort with a fact.

I've been waiting 19 years for a retort in the League.

😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵
  10. Joined
    03 Jun '07
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 19:52
    how you can call the mancs plastic makes me laugh,i havnt seen a scouser on the kop in years.liverpool airport are ringing there hands at the thought of liverpool home games.keep it real,the peoples club,goodison park.
  11. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 20:15
    Please retort with a fact.

I've been waiting 19 years for a retort in the League.

😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵
    Ahem...as mentioned earlier,we knocked you off your 'perch' the other week-Fact.
    Liverpool have more league titles than any other English club-Fact.
    Liverpool have won 'Big ear's' more times than any English club-Fact.( sorry not a league fact but I like to keep saying it to Manc fan's. )
    Now I know that this is only three which if I had time to look you've probalbly already mentioned,sorry just had to type it again just in case you forgot.
    As I remember in the 70's and 80's when we where winning alot of silverware Man Yoo where going through abit of a dry spell-Fact?!.
    Are'nt you worried that your Theartre of Dream's will be a Man City feeder club in 10 year's time-maybe less?

Btw your persistent harping on about Robbie Keane remind's me of Diago Forlan!! at least Keane is a proven Prem striker,Gerrard for some twisted pipe dream you think is nearly 30 err 28?and you lot are gutted he wear's the real Red, sounds Torres who you think is suffering from second season syndrome,smacks of jealousy cos he turned Fergie down 3 yes 3 year's running and he will be bangin em in long after the 'Winker' goes to Madrid,which remind's me of Manure fan's hatred of Alan Shearer and Gazza when they did'nt sign for Fergie.

However this season and subsiquent season's pan out you lot no longer have control,thing's are changing,for good or ill,get used to it we have!!!
  12. LA
    Moves
    24 Sep '08 22:13
    Ahem...as mentioned earlier,we knocked you off your 'perch' the other week-Fact.
    Liverpool have more league titles than any other English club-Fact.
    Liverpool have won 'Big ear's' more times than any English club-Fact.( sorry not a league fact but I like to keep saying it to Manc fan's. )
    Now I know that this is only three which if I had time to l ...[text shortened]... ave control,thing's are changing,for good or ill,get used to it we have!!!
    (1) Like I said. all i've heard for 19 years is we've won the league 18 times.
    You roll out the fact yet again.
    You'll never win it again and when United Do win it again we will have won it 18 times so finally the plastic scousers will really start to sound like parrets when all they will have left to say is;-

(2) For 20 odd years the only other thing a plastic scouser can say is we've won it X times. Well watch out when City take your 4th CL spot away from you it will only be a matter of time before we catch you up there too.

(3) When Abramovitch bought Chelski they redefined what was needed to win the league. It went from 78 points to 88+ points.
    United responded to this, adapted and overtook them again.
    Only United have been able to stand up to Chelsea in the league.
    Same for City, we always lose against them anyway maybe this will help us because we will now have to take their games seriously.

(3) United a feeder club for City?
    Well if they want to pay $250m for Ronaldo they can have him.
    United are the biggest, most well known football team in the world.
    We will evolve and continue as we always have done.

(4)
    There are also rumours that a certain set of Arabs are preparing something for the Glazers they cannot afford to refuse.
    Personally I don't care if that happens or not but like I said United are not about to enter a 20 year transitional period....
    Also believe what you want but my bosses boss is a personal friend of one of the Yanks that owns LFC and that Yank ain't going anywhere soon YNWA.

(5) Keane is a donkey when talking about WC players.
    He found his level at Spurs and produced a reasonable return for them, however his standard of play was worse without Berbatov in the side. The fact that no other side has ever showed an interest in Keane for years and his current form at LFC speaks for itself.

(6) Ok, gerrard is 30 in 19 months.
    For a box to box player he's got a max of 2 years left then he will have to adapt his game.
    Why would we want Gerrard on the right wing when we have Ronaldo?
    Gerrard hasn't played well in CM since Germany 2001 and that was for England, the only time he's played well for England.

(7) Yes United tried to buy Torres at least 3 times.
    Jelous, no I like our strike force just the way it is.
    Jelous of 3 away goals last season in the league from Torres?
    Jelous of a team that structures their whole team around him, not our style.
    Maybe when Rafa finally swallows his pride and starts to drop Keane, You'll start hoofing the ball up to him again and he will start scoring again at Anfield, or maybe he's suffering from 2nd season syndrome.

(8) Ask Gazza what his greatest regret is.
    The 150k bung that Spurs put on his parents kitchen table was the worse thing that happened to that kid.
    As for Shearer, he loves Newcaste more than winning trophies, thats his choice. He put his life values above sucess and cash so I actually respect him for that.
    Fantastic player but its funny how things work out.
    If we had signed him what of Cantona?
    Similar to us cashing in on Beckham when he was 28 and his legs started to go 😉. If we hadn't cashed in on Beckham we wouldn't have Ronaldo now.

(9) Maybe Ronaldo will go to Madrid in 2 or 3 years time.
    Maybe he'll sign for City at the end of the season.
    Maybe he'll start at United for the rest of his career.
    We will move on, Ronaldo is so good I actually don't want the "John Barnes" syndrome to kick in at United.
    Barnes was so good he masked how bad the rest of the Liverpool team was until it wsa too late.
    I see the same happening with StevieG, its happening again this season, how many last minute winners has he ALREADY scored for you, how many goal of the season candidates does he have already AGAIN?

However this season and subsiquent season's pan out you lot no longer have control,thing's are changing,for good or ill,get used to it we have!!!

We have the Premiership and European Cups in the trophy cabinate.
    We have a 78000 seater stadium soon to be developed to 90000.
    We have the best player in world football.
    We have the best squad of players in the world (point proven by the trophy cabinate).
    Our club is valued at TWICE the size of our debt, read up a little on how businesses are run.
    Things are changing, United are continually evolving and rising to the challenge.
    We are use to it, its called the modern game.
    I'm glad you are "use to it", you'll soon have to get use to a lack of CL football.
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 07:50
    Originally posted by peewackman
    how you can call the mancs plastic makes me laugh,i havnt seen a scouser on the kop in years.liverpool airport are ringing there hands at the thought of liverpool home games.keep it real,the peoples club,goodison park.
    So, in the 80's (the last decade befoe the SKY era, and probably Everton's most successful) when scousers were more or less the only people at the matches in Liverpool, why were there 10,000 more fans at Anfield compared to Woodison every other week?

Keep your irregular pearls of wisdom coming.
  14. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 08:03
    (1) Like I said. all i've heard for 19 years is we've won the league 18 times.
    You roll out the fact yet again.
    You'll never win it again and when United Do win it again we will have won it 18 times so finally the plastic scousers will really start to sound like parrets when all they will have left to say is;-

(2) For 20 odd years the only ot ...[text shortened]... u are "use to it", you'll soon have to get use to a lack of CL football.
    You need to get out more,don't forget to take the blinker's off when you do!😞
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '08 08:121 edit
    You are the most biased welsh scouser I have ever known.

(1)
    I said if/when we win the Premiership we have 18 titles that matches Liverpool and with 11 FA cups that makes us the most sucessful club in England.
    Please don't talk about the league cup, or charity shield or acrington stanley cups you have won.
    I think the teams we all put out on Keane as WC.

Stick to the Welsh Premiership or whatever league your country has.
    .. you're squirming again.

Bottom line - You haven't won 18 championships. Yes, the FA Cup is worth more than the League Cup - but that doesn't mean that League Cups don't count if you want to use your analogy of the most succesful "English" side. Those cups were won in England just like the FA Cup. The reason you don't want to include them is because it blows your (possible future) argument out of the water! Oh, and the reason some people may have referred to it as the "Liverpool cup" is because we've won it more than any other English side. (A bit like the championship and the European Cup).

If you want to leave the obvious fact that we've won the European Cup 5 times to your 3 aside - then use the word "domestically". Still, as I've pointed out above, it doesn't matter anyway.

If the European Cup is harder to win now - how do you explain the fact that you can finish 4th in the premiership to qualify, finish second in your group to qualify for the knockout stages and then avoid the strongest sides (i.e. the other English ones) in the 1st round knockout?

Torres has been injured, he was out for 2 weeks and barely trained before the Utd game. Yes, he hasn't looked great yet but to say he's suffering 2nd season syndrome in September is just wishful thinking on your part. Keane will come good (a bit like Berbatov)

Vidic and Van der sar would be in my joke team of the season so far. Errors galore. Ferdinand's concentration has been found wandering around London on more than one occasion too. Your central midfield sounds great (and it is) but I said that they've not performed this season. They haven't.

Where did I say Gerrard was better than Ronaldo? BTW, he is. I'd have him at fullback, centre back, centre midfield (defensively or attacking) and as a second striker over Ronaldo. In fact, Ronaldo only shades it on the flanks and lone striker positions. Now, read those words carefully, before you try claiming that I've said Ronaldo's crap!

Nice try with quoting what I said about Utd players performances so far this season and applying it to something you knocked out about your success over the last 2 years.

PS - you're obviously looking forward to being able to call your team the "most successful (something or other) ever". I think we all realise why you have such a bee in your bonnet about Liverpool Football Club.

ENGLISH FOOTBALL'S MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAM BOTH DOMESTICALLY AND IN EUROPE.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree