1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 15:27
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Sounds like you had a bad time there!! Just out of interest ,has any one walked through the streets in Scotland with a England shirt on?
    🙂 I would pay to see that
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 17:49
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Hey, I'm speaking from experience.

I lived in the Warrington area for 35 years.
    I went to Liverpool John Moores University for 4 years
    I worked in Wavertree for 7 years.
    I'm a Manchester United supporter and most of my best friends are Liverpool supporters.

I can tell you this.
    The vast majority of people in the Liverpool area are VERY n ...[text shortened]... alk into W H Smith or HMV and live to tell the tail.

I'd last about 5 seconds.
    My post was hostile? Rubbish! What planet are you on to call those words hostile?

I didn't say Liverpool wasn't rough or safe did I? It is like every city in the UK - good parts and bad!

I write about the generalisation of using 'liar' about all scousers. That is hostile and disrespectful.

You wrote "The vast majority of people in the Liverpool area are VERY nice people and will do anything for you."

That is not an image of a place full of liars is it - after all your experience? Do I stand corrected?
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Mar '09 21:44
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I resent that sweeping remark! 😳

You can argue about football all you like - but don't generalise about a very caring community of City dwellers who are more honest than most. A scouser would give you his last penny if you needed it! Don't take the pee out of people, you obviously have complete disregard for, in a generalised way. There's just no need fo ...[text shortened]... hen I suggest you go there and tell them, me included. You'd last all of 5 seconds, Rags. 😠
    This is a football discussion, you witless clown.

D
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    29 Mar '09 05:13
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    This is a football discussion, you witless clown.

D
    Oh! I see. It's reference to only all scouse football fans as being liars?

Don't be a complete moron! I picked you up on what was a sweeping remark about people from Liverpool, not football.

I take being a clown as a passive comment. One thing I am not is a scouse LIAR! 😠
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '09 10:17
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    🙂 I would pay to see that
    That must be a big event for a Scots man to fork out some dosh!!!!🙂🙂
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Mar '09 11:33
    That must be a big event for a Scots man to fork out some dosh!!!!🙂🙂
    To see an Englishman in an english top walk past Ibrox or Parkhead on a match day - hmmm well worth the 10p in my opinion 😉
  7. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    29 Mar '09 19:52
    Sounds like you had a bad time there!! Just out of interest ,has any one walked through the streets in Scotland with a England shirt on?
    Yes, everytime I go to my holiday home in Dumfries, with the odd comment which is batted away with a reminder of English subsistance on North sea Gas and Oil..😛

I'd have to be on a serious wager if I was further north though.
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Apr '09 19:41
    I see Liverpool go top again. I could have sworn that Man Utd fans kept saying that they would fall away and it was really them & Chelsea 🙄
  9. LA
    Moves
    05 Apr '09 16:55
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I see Liverpool go top again. I could have sworn that Man Utd fans kept saying that they would fall away and it was really them & Chelsea 🙄
    MaCheda who the flipping heck are you?

🙂

Are you watching Angry Boy?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '09 17:05
    Top spot next season?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree