1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 18:584 edits
    Why even have the offsides rule if these clowns obviously don't have the first clue how to enforce it?

Even the announcer on ABC has been screaming about having replay for 5 minutes.
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 19:10
    Originally posted by sh76
    Why even have the offsides rule if these clowns obviously don't have the first clue how to enforce it?

I'm sure you could do a much better job spanky!🙄
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 19:49
    Originally posted by bill718
    I'm sure you could do a much better job spanky!🙄
    If I had a camera and slow motion, yes.
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:16
    If I had a camera and slow motion, yes.
    I guess if you can't understand football then there is no point attempting to explain cricket to you 🙄🙄
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:34

blame fifa. not going to happen under fatter.

i'd like to see everyone getting 3 challenges per match ala tennis and american football.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 02:001 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I guess if you can't understand football then there is no point attempting to explain cricket to you 🙄🙄
    Why is it that every time I ask a question about football/soccer, the usual parade of Europeans will accuse me of not understanding the game?

I'm not trying to attack your sport, folks. I'm trying to understand why FIFA appears to be stuck in the middle ages. I like watching the World Cup. But the enjoyment of watching the game is hampered by all these horrendous calls.

I admit I don't understand the nuances of the game like I do North American sports. But, I know enough to know that England scored on that ball that hit the cross bar and bounced down 2 feet beyond the goal line, the Argentine player was offside on the first goal, the the USA committed no foul against Solvenia and was not offside on the first "goal" against Algeria. You don't have to be an expert to know the obvious. And the obvious is that the officiating system in this sport is broken. I can't understand why anyone would even debate that.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 02:05
    Why is it that every time I ask a question about football/soccer, the usual parade of Europeans will accuse me of not understanding the game?

I'm not trying to attack your sport, folks. I'm trying to understand why FIFA appears to be stuck in the middle ages. I like watching the World Cup. But the enjoyment of watching the game is hampered by all these horre ...[text shortened]... ing system in this sport is broken. I can't understand why anyone would even debate that.
    Because they're euroweenie know it alls, that's why. You understand the game just fine. Don't let the limey's bait you. That's what scacchi is here for. I'll take one for the USA posters any day. Gloat is my name, goat is theirs!
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 02:32
    hard to see how they missed that one. never saw a more obvious off-side

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree