1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 11:38
    Originally posted by roma45
    with him already served a 8 game ban last season for racial abuse, the big debate is..,,,,, did he commit a worse offence by biting than calling someone names (evra of man u in case you did not know) liverpool should have sacked him. hes banned for 3 games with more to come. imagine if he did it to some one like roy kean (if he was still playing) he would need a lot of money on dentistry work i think
    So it is official. No charges because Ivanovic refused to press charges. I like Ivanovic's magnanimity. That said, however, I think racially abusing someone and biting are separate issues entirely, apples and oranges if you will. I was aware of the Evra case. Perhaps more egregious is everyone saw it (the bite)but the ref and Suarez then scores the equalizer. Football needs a booth review to carry on during the game so as to avoid stopping flow of the game. If ref fails to see something egregious like this the booth ref can signal assistant ref during a normal stop and a red card issued after reviewing the tape in the booth.
  2. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 13:55
    10 games. He's "considering his position" in English football. Maybe the home office should recind his work permit. I actually wish this wasn't Liverpool because now I expect the siege mentality will set in again.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 14:07
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    10 games. He's "considering his position" in English football. Maybe the home office should recind his work permit. I actually wish this wasn't Liverpool because now I expect the siege mentality will set in again.
    The players are in full siege mode, but the management is sticking by their guns. I think Suarez is history in EPL. He'll be hired by some other hapless team, he'll wreak havoc then leave after a few more biting incidents, racists incidents and punching incidents. He is the Hispanic Balotelli!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 14:23
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    The players are in full siege mode, but the management is sticking by their guns. I think Suarez is history in EPL. He'll be hired by some other hapless team, he'll wreak havoc then leave after a few more biting incidents, racists incidents and punching incidents. He is the Hispanic Balotelli!
    Manchester City boss Robert Mancini says Luis Suarez is his player of the year. He made a mistake. We all make mistakes, you must try to seperate the football player from the person.
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 16:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Manchester City boss Robert Mancini says Luis Suarez is his player of the year. He made a mistake. We all make mistakes, you must try to seperate the football player from the person.
    That's b*********x

You are who you are and you cannot separate your
    personality from yourself just because you put on a
    football shirt.

I like Manchester Utd because my father and my brother liked them
    but I hated Roy Keane because even though he is Irish and I am Irish,
    as far as I am concerned Roy Keane is a thug. I never had any time for him.

I would have even less time for Suarez and Liverpool would be better off
    if they got rid of him. No one needs players like that in the game.

Ask Alf Inge Haaland about Roy Keane.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 18:46
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    That's b*********x

You are who you are and you cannot separate your
    personality from yourself just because you put on a
    football shirt.

I like Manchester Utd because my father and my brother liked them
    but I hated Roy Keane because even though he is Irish and I am Irish,
    as far as I am concerned Roy Keane is a thug. I never had any time ...[text shortened]... of him. No one needs players like that in the game.

Ask Alf Inge Haaland about Roy Keane.
    Mancini doesn't think so, neither do I.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 20:53
    Suarez, Balotelli, neither seems to be able to leave the thuggish personality in the locker room. If they can't seem to separate the player form the thug why should I? Contrast with Andy Carrol's exceptionally rough, but unintentional football play against De Gea a couple weeks back. I have no problem with a player going all out. Biting, spitting, punching needs to be gotten rid of ASAP! Perhaps a better behaved player deserves an opportunity to start in place of Suarez.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 21:192 edits
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Suarez, Balotelli, neither seems to be able to leave the thuggish personality in the locker room. If they can't seem to separate the player form the thug why should I? Contrast with Andy Carrol's exceptionally rough, but unintentional football play against De Gea a couple weeks back. I have no problem with a player going all out. Biting, spitting, punch ...[text shortened]... of ASAP! Perhaps a better behaved player deserves an opportunity to start in place of Suarez.
    Eric Cantona karate kicked a fan, he was incensed, he made a mistake, people do things they would not normally do when they are incensed or under unusual circumstances, it in no way detracts from the fact that he was a soccer genius. You should separate the facts, Suarez is a great soccer player, one of the best in the EPL, of course its no excuse for his behavior, but it does not detract from the fact that hes awesome with a football. It seems incredible to attack his personality as if its synonymous with his soccer ability.
  9. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 21:44
    Mancini won't last long either.
  10. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 09:48
    Mancini thought he could control Balotelli. He was wrong then too. Toon 0, Scousers 6. Maybe they don't need El Cannibal after all.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 14:53
    If he (Suarez) had bit him elsewhere he could of said he was sampling a chelsea bun 🙂
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 15:17
    Originally posted by phil3000
    If he (Suarez) had bit him elsewhere he could of said he was sampling a chelsea bun 🙂
    If he'd bitten Henrique Hilário he'd have perhaps been sampling a Chelsea Pensioner.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '13 23:14
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Mancini thought he could control Balotelli. He was wrong then too. Toon 0, Scousers 6. Maybe they don't need El Cannibal after all.
    what about Coutinho, what an awesome player he is.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 17:43
    there is much more to being a good player than your individual skill. the constant circus that surrounds him because of his actions means his manager has less time to focus on the team, controversial behavior will cause division in the dressing room, his suspension will effect the team next season and it may force liverpool to buy a new striker (although they do need one anyway), the negative media coverage is bad for the brand, especially in the emerging asian markets.

i think you can separate a player from the person, but if the person starts effecting the team then it reflects on the type of player he is.

i think suarez's actions have let his manger, team mates and liverpool fans down. therefore does not deserve player of the year.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '13 21:22
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    there is much more to being a good player than your individual skill. the constant circus that surrounds him because of his actions means his manager has less time to focus on the team, controversial behavior will cause division in the dressing room, his suspension will effect the team next season and it may force liverpool to buy a new striker (althoug ...[text shortened]... his manger, team mates and liverpool fans down. therefore does not deserve player of the year.
    yes he made a mistake, but hes still awesome with a football.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree