Man-Ram

Standard memberPhlabibit
Sports 05 Dec '06 17:41
  1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 17:41
    Hey, MLB fan. Do you want Manny Ramirez for your team? Anyone keeping an eye on him? Where is he going to end up, if anywhere outside of Boston.

P-
  2. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 17:59
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Hey, MLB fan. Do you want Manny Ramirez for your team? Anyone keeping an eye on him? Where is he going to end up, if anywhere outside of Boston.

P-
    I don't understand this. For once, we enter a hot-stove season where Manny isn't asking to be traded, and they're even more adamant than usual about trading him. Why? If they succeed in doing this, they will effectively remove two of the most powerful bats in MLB from their lineup. The upgrade in left-field does not compensate for the donwgrade in offense. Not a good move by Boston. Pray it doesn't succeed, and that Manny somehow doesn't hold ill will toward the front office for attempting it in the first place.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 18:11
    The Red Sox front office over-manages. Winning that one world series convinced them they were doing something right.

Their devotion to sabremetrics does not serve them well.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Dec '06 18:17
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    I don't understand this. For once, we enter a hot-stove season where Manny isn't asking to be traded, and they're even more adamant than usual about trading him. Why? If they succeed in doing this, they will effectively remove two of the most powerful bats in MLB from their lineup. The upgrade in left-field does not compensate for the donwgrade i ...[text shortened]... somehow doesn't hold ill will toward the front office for attempting it in the first place.
    They are tired of his act. Last year he shut it down, and has told people in the club house yet again he wants out. It has now got to a point where his good friend David won't answer questions on the subject, where he used to defend him.

The Bloody Sock Super Kurt has said he wants to win another ring, and Man Ram isn't going to be here next year, even if he's still on the team. Man Ram has said he's done in Boston, so they feel they have to move him.

Him saying he had a bad knee, and the doctors saying he's fine doesn't help either. There is probably a lot going on we don't know as fans beyond what gets out through the press.

Yeah, it will suck if he goes.

P-
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    06 Dec '06 13:59
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    I'll trade you Burrell for Manny 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree