1. Inside my mind
    Moves
    01 May '07 14:43
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    Pretty much agree with there, one thing, Benitez should not play Zenden. He was completely out classed in the first leg. He got a lot of ball but did not deliver any end product, not only was this a waste of possession and potential chances, it put Peter Chec and his defence under no pressure and on occasions he was disposed and Liverpool were then on t ...[text shortened]... ’t happen tonight, they need to create chances and stem Chelsea from counter attack. Tough task!
    Pretty much agree with you there, except change the name Zenden for Mascherano, not played enough English football yet to be on such a stage, at least Zenden can swing a few crosses and always has the ability to unleash a savage left foot drive.
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 May '07 14:54
    Pretty much agree with there, one thing, Benitez should not play Zenden. He was completely out classed in the first leg. He got a lot of ball but did not deliver any end product, not only was this a waste of possession and potential chances, it put Peter Chec and his defence under no pressure and on occasions he was disposed and Liverpool were then on t ...[text shortened]... ’t happen tonight, they need to create chances and stem Chelsea from counter attack. Tough task!
    1WhiteKnight.....what do you think of my mate's statement?
  3. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 May '07 15:041 edit
    Originally posted by sangfroid
    Pretty much agree with you there, except change the name Zenden for Mascherano, not played enough English football yet to be on such a stage, at least Zenden can swing a few crosses and always has the ability to unleash a savage left foot drive.
    yeah I guess I agree, the lads got talent but he made no impact on the game last week, although Liverpool did push everything down the left, I just didn’t understand that, so he didn’t get much ball. It also tends to suggest that yes he is out of his depth at this level. Is Sissoko fit? I rate that guy hugely, although that would then mean pushing Gerrad out to the right (not as effective there), or Alonso left, not really an option, they are you two main men in the middle. I think Benitez will stick with the same starting 11 except Crouch will start in favour of Bellamy (Who in fairness got very little service last week).

[Edit] PS - 1.5 Hours left for me in work then down the pub and I’m already getting excited, it may not be a classic show piece game tonight but this game will come down to the wire which means some nail biting stuff....awesome!!
  4. Inside my mind
    Moves
    01 May '07 15:16
    yeah I guess I agree, the lads got talent but he made no impact on the game last week, although Liverpool did push everything down the left, I just didn’t understand that, so he didn’t get much ball. It also tends to suggest that yes he is out of his depth at this level. Is Sissoko fit? I rate that guy hugely, although that would then mean pushing Gerra ...[text shortened]... tonight but this game will come down to the wire which means some nail biting stuff....awesome!!
    He could always play Pennant on the right from the outset, Gerrard and Alonso centre with riise(sp?) on the left.

I think Liverpool will have a massive advantage as you know how Anfield can be on European nights, the fans and the Kop will just be a wall of noise.

I've already had my pre-match beer, well two, will be venturing down the pub about 6 for another few warm up's!
  5. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 May '07 16:16
    Originally posted by sangfroid
    He could always play Pennant on the right from the outset, Gerrard and Alonso centre with riise(sp?) on the left.

I think Liverpool will have a massive advantage as you know how Anfield can be on European nights, the fans and the Kop will just be a wall of noise.

I've already had my pre-match beer, well two, will be venturing down the pub about 6 for another few warm up's!
    I thought of Pennent but I’m still unconvinced about him in a Liverpool shirt. Yep Anfield will rise tonight, no where in sport like it that’s for sure. I have to laugh at Chelsea last week; they gave out stupid little flags to all their supporters in some hope of creating an atmosphere. Sad. Chelsea and their new money, well boys you can’t buy history and tradition, I just hope Liverpool continue their legacy of European history tonight.

Enjoy the beer and game lads 😀
  6. Inside my mind
    Moves
    01 May '07 16:22
    I thought of Pennent but I’m still unconvinced about him in a Liverpool shirt. Yep Anfield will rise tonight, no where in sport like it that’s for sure. I have to laugh at Chelsea last week; they gave out stupid little flags to all their supporters in some hope of creating an atmosphere. Sad. Chelsea and their new money, well boys you can’t buy history ...[text shortened]... Liverpool continue their legacy of European history tonight.

Enjoy the beer and game lads 😀
    The look on Mourhino's face will be priceless.

Anfield is the most amazing atmosphere you could ever imagine, nothing on this earth has made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and a lump in my throat the size of a golf ball form from just hearing the words You'll never walk alone sung by 30,000 fans.... truly amazing.

You too enjoy the beer, enjoy the footy, and enjoy the night. 🙂
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 May '07 09:101 edit
    The FA Cup Final is upon us. Chelsea v Man Utd. Will it be another double for Sir Red Nose or a face saving 2 cups for the irritable little Portugese bloke? (No, not Palynka)

As a Liverpool fan, I hope Utd don't win the double and therefore that means Chelsea are the lesser of the 2 evils for me. I also reckon they might just nick it. 2-1 Chelsea
  8. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    19 May '07 11:34
    I'm not watching this time. Man Utd-Chelski games have a little bit too much of the Hitler vs. Stalin vibe to be really enjoyable.
  9. HellsGate
    Moves
    19 May '07 13:38
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    Ok, who's your money on for the premiership? Personally i think Man U are playing better football. It'll come down to their match at Stamford bridge. I'm actually dead excited, which considering i don't support a team is saying something... 🙂
    Man Utd
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    19 May '07 14:22
    Originally posted by ShadowCastle
    Man Utd
    Who cares? Real European football will be played on Wednesday!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree