1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    11 May '10 08:38
    Oh deary me, am I correct in saying that they have failed to win any major trophies this year πŸ˜‰
  2. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    11 May '10 11:13
    League Cup = Major trophy 😏
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    11 May '10 11:591 edit
    why do you guys beraid the league cup so much?
    It has a huge history in british football.

This all started when forigen managers like Wenger started playing their reserves in the earlier rounds and soon teams like United, Pool and a few others followed- de-valueing the trophy.

But if u look at its recent history- even though the "plastic fans" of the so called BIG 4 teams and the Sky media organisation- make fun of it, serious managers like ferguson make sure come the querter-finals and semi-finals he puts out his best 11.

Chelse also do the same- its only idiots like wenger who insist on playing his 'reserves' because " ... we have a lot of big games" and look where that has got them. NO TROPHIES for 6 seasons now!!
  4. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    11 May '10 12:12
    I wasn't berating the trophy. I agree with Spurs73, Wenger is trophy-less again for what? His players getting a rest to concentrate on the league and Europe!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 May '10 20:05
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Oh deary me, am I correct in saying that they have failed to win any major trophies this year πŸ˜‰
    Incorrect.
  6. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    12 May '10 10:38
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    League Cup = Major trophy 😏
    Oh is it as good as the League title or the european champion status ?
    I must be miss informed then & guess they had a brilliant season πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    12 May '10 11:05
    Indeed you are correct, the league cup is not a major trophy but it's better then nothing and it meant City went another year without a trophy
  8. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    12 May '10 11:52
    Oh is it as good as the League title or the european champion status ?
    I must be miss informed then & guess they had a brilliant season πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    Not a brilliant season, but a good one. I agree the League Cup isn't as prestigious as the Premiership or CL, but it is still a major trophy. One I think Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and even Arsenal would have liked now at the end of the season.
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    13 May '10 00:32
    I reckon Man Utd fans should run as candidates in the next election as they can make bad results appear good to the general population 😴😴
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 May '10 11:53
    It's funny that United come within a whisker of winning the League, and actually win the League Cup, 1 of 4 trophies available to top teams at the start of the season.

This, to a Liverpool fan is a failed season.

On the other hand, Liverpool players (Mascherano) dream in January of doing the double... winning the Europa League and getting 4th position!!!

How embarrassing.

D
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    14 May '10 17:19
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It's funny that United come within a whisker of winning the League, and actually win the League Cup, 1 of 4 trophies available to top teams at the start of the season.

On the other hand, Liverpool players (Mascherano) dream in January of doing the double... winning the Europa League and getting [b]4th position
    !!!

How embarrassing.

D[/b]
    Why do Man Utd fans judge their level of success or failure against Liverpool ??
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '10 23:32
    I had to rec this I'm afraid.
  13. 6yd box
    Moves
    15 May '10 06:071 edit
    Why do Man Utd fans judge their level of success or failure against Liverpool ??
    ...and I have to rec this one!

indeed its a good question....no matter how well they do they always look across at Pool,

In a strange way Arsenal fans are the same- even through for the last 10 seasons they have been the more dominate force in north london.. they still want to look across to see how Spurs are doing😡😡
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 May '10 10:57
    it was a disappointing season. most of you know how i feel about the league cup, it was nice knocking city out but as a competition i really couldn't care. cl was the most disappointing for me, would've been us in the final if it wasn't for a couple of sloppy defensive mistakes and a red card my granddad who has dementia could've predicted.
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 May '10 12:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

On the other hand, Liverpool players (Mascherano) dream in January of doing the double... winning the Europa League and getting [b]4th position
    !!!

How embarrassing.

D[/b]
    Liverpool are indeed in a mess - we need a buyer in the next few weeks or next season (and beyond) could be even worse. If we do get one and retain our best players then I think we'll be back competing next year.

I wouldn't be that happy if I were a ManU supporter either. VDS, Giggs, Scholes, Neville all need replacing. Ferdinand is fast becoming as injury prone as Hargreaves and Owen. Vidic apparently wants away, big clubs are circling Evra. Berbatov looks even more cheesed off than usual and I simply don't rate Anderson, Carrick or Valencia (not as first teamers anyway).

Fergie won't go on forever and if he leaves before refreshing this squad then ManU might have to spend a season or two rebuilding under a new manager who may or may not have cash to splash.

I can see Chelsea dominating next season.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree