1. Joined
    01 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 May '10 17:59
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Liverpool are indeed in a mess - we need a buyer in the next few weeks or next season (and beyond) could be even worse. If we do get one and retain our best players then I think we'll be back competing next year.

I wouldn't be that happy if I were a ManU supporter either. VDS, Giggs, Scholes, Neville all need replacing. Ferdinand is fast becoming as inj ...[text shortened]... manager who may or may not have cash to splash.

I can see Chelsea dominating next season.
    I think you are right, Chelsea with their squad look like they may dominate the premiership next season. A lot depends on what Manchester United do though.

They had a "bad season" but still could have won the league on the last game of the season and were very unlucky in the Champions League.

You mention a lot of problems at United, well if they have a lot of problems there is a lot of potential to improve.

Replacing VDS is quite an easy one to fix.

Anderson and Hargreaves produced nothing this season, so whatever Ferguson does will improve this.
    United need a midfielder, so bringing in someone to replace Hargreaves will be a big bonus.

Nani and Valencia showed a lot of promise for next season, Valencia needs to practice using his left foot all summer though.

The biggest problem Ferguson has though is to get a striker to take the pressure off Rooney.

So I think if United get a good striker, someone like Anelka and a midfield general to play alongside Fletcher it will go a long way to improve the team and squad.

As a Manchester United supporter, i'm dissapointed but I can see many ways to improve things.

Financially both Liverpool and Manchester United are in a mess but atleast United should have the Ronaldo money, will be interesting to see if Ferguson spends any of it.

Going back to Liverpool, unless they get bought out I can only see things getting worse.

Gerrard this season has started to show serious signs of slowing down, Torres when he plays rarely looks happy.

Worse though, looking at other clubs and squads for the first time i'd say that Tottenham and Manchester City both seem to me to be in a better position for next season than Liverpool.

Could Liverpool be the next Newcastle or Leeds?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 May '10 18:071 edit
    Originally posted by Steven Anthony
    so bringing in someone to replace Hargreaves will be a big bonus.
    what? he was injured all season, would've probably made the england world cup squad (at least the provisional 30) had he returned for the last couple of months of the season.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 May '10 18:091 edit
    STEVEN ANTHONY- what agreat post. Usualy most ppl here post a load of rubbish and alway big up their own teams and try to put down other teams (me included sometimes๐Ÿ˜ต)

Howeve have to say this was a very fair and knowledgeable post from a true football supporter
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 May '10 19:18
    Originally posted by spurs73
    STEVEN ANTHONY- what agreat post. Usualy most ppl here post a load of rubbish and alway big up their own teams and try to put down other teams (me included sometimes๐Ÿ˜ต)

Howeve have to say this was a very fair and knowledgeable post from a true football supporter
    if only this complement wasn't coming from one of the top idiots of the sports forum it might actually mean something... ๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. 6yd box
    Moves
    16 May '10 19:51
    Originally posted by trev33
    if only this complement wasn't coming from one of the top idiots of the sports forum it might actually mean something... ๐Ÿ˜‰
    nice- bring it down to your level Trev

where shall i start regarding your stupid potty posts.......(day in day out for the last 2 years...10 to 20 times a day๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„)
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 May '10 21:19
    Originally posted by spurs73
    nice- bring it down to your level Trev

where shall i start regarding your stupid potty posts.......(day in day out for the last 2 years...10 to 20 times a day๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„)
    hey at least i know my sport ๐Ÿ˜›
  7. Joined
    01 Mar '09
    Moves
    17 May '10 05:46
    Originally posted by trev33
    what? he was injured all season, would've probably made the england world cup squad (at least the provisional 30) had he returned for the last couple of months of the season.
    I agree with you that Hargreaves is top class, just the kind of versatile player United needed in the second half of the season.

I'm just saying that i think Ferguson would be making a mistake by planning any kind of midfield formation for next season with Hargreaves in it. I only see him as a bonus if fit for the future.

United need stability in the centre and as Angry Boy said, Scholes and Giggs will have to be fazed out very soon.

With question marks over Anderson (and Carrick in my mind) i really think its a mistake to put any faith in Hargreaves returning next season.

If United don't buy a central midfielder and Fletcher gets injured we could really run out of steam next season with Scholes and Giggs as 1 game a week players at best now.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 May '10 14:40
    Originally posted by Steven Anthony
    I agree with you that Hargreaves is top class, just the kind of versatile player United needed in the second half of the season.

I'm just saying that i think Ferguson would be making a mistake by planning any kind of midfield formation for next season with Hargreaves in it. I only see him as a bonus if fit for the future.

United need stability ...[text shortened]... ally run out of steam next season with Scholes and Giggs as 1 game a week players at best now.
    had utd been injury free last season i've no doubt they would've won the league. i'd like to see them offload rio and carrick and bring in silva and villa (aparently valencia are willng to sell this time) plus another top quility centre defender.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 May '10 15:21
    There's been some talk about Di Maria to United.

He's a great talent but can be a bit one-footed. He's also very skinny and I don't see him beefing up like Cristiano Ronaldo did, so the EPL's physical side of the game may not suit him very well. Overall, if there's a club who can make this kid great is MU, but he won't go cheap so it's a huge gamble.

What do you Mancs think about it?
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 May '10 15:38
    Originally posted by Palynka

What do you Mancs think about it?
    i'd rather have silva and villa given the choice. i'll admit to not seeing a lot of him playing for benfica, looked good at the olympics though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree