1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 08:47
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    ps. it's 30 added seconds for a goal, not 60.
    No, it's not. There hasn't been any specific rule for some time now as the FA gave it up. It's up to the ref's discretion as per "The Laws of the Game".
  2. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 11:16
    After the controversy over Michael Owen's winning goal in Sunday's Manchester derby, the Guardian has looked at all of United's league matches at Old Trafford since the start of the 2006-07 season and discovered that, on average, there has been over a minute extra added by referees when United do not have the lead after 90 minutes, compared to when they are in front. In 48 games when United were ahead, the average amount of stoppage time was 191.35 seconds. In 12 matches when United were drawing or losing there was an average of 257.17sec.

Interesting statistic.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 12:02
    Originally posted by Palynka
    No, it's not. There hasn't been any specific rule for some time now as the FA gave it up. It's up to the ref's discretion as per "The Laws of the Game".
    Keith Hackett gave a lengthy interview on how time is added on by referees some time ago, explicitly stating amounts of time that can be added on.

This is from BBC:
    "BBC's Match of the Day 2 programme showed that, by the letter of the law, referee Martin Atkinson should have blown his whistle one second before Owen's winning goal.

After the fourth official indicated four minutes of added time, 56 seconds passed between Bellamy's strike crossing the goal line and play restarting.

As well as taking goal celebrations into account, the officials were entitled to add 30 seconds for United's stoppage-time substitution, when Michael Carrick come on for Anderson.

Therefore, the total amount of time that should have been added was five minutes, 26 seconds and Owen struck on five minutes, 27 seconds.

Atkinson then did not blow the full-time whistle until 96 minutes and 58 seconds were on the clock and Hughes believes the pressure of the Old Trafford crowd may have played its part. "

If the Old Trafford crowd were solely responsible for the added time, then surely Atkinson would have blown after 5 miuntes and 28 seconds. Instead, he added on time for goal celebrations (showing consistency and giving City time to respond)

D
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 12:26
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Keith Hackett gave a lengthy interview on how time is added on by referees some time ago, explicitly stating amounts of time that can be added on.

This is from BBC:
    "BBC's Match of the Day 2 programme showed that, by the letter of the law, referee Martin Atkinson should have blown his whistle one second before Owen's winning goal.

After the fourth of ...[text shortened]... d on time for goal celebrations (showing consistency and giving City time to respond)

D
    I'm still waiting for this "law". Where is it?
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 13:31
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    After the controversy over Michael Owen's winning goal in Sunday's Manchester derby, the Guardian has looked at all of United's league matches at Old Trafford since the start of the 2006-07 season and discovered that, on average, there has been over a minute extra added by referees when United do not have the lead after 90 minutes, compared to when the ...[text shortened]... nited were drawing or losing there was an average of 257.17sec.

Interesting statistic.
    Very, very interesting indeed.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 13:58
    C'mon everybody knows Utd are going to get a bit of 'Fergie Time' playing at Old Trafford.

I fond it a bit rich of 'Agent' Hughes to moan about it when he is a former Utd player, how many games did he win in 'Fergie Time' whilst playing for Utd?
  7. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 15:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    C'mon everybody knows Utd are going to get a bit of 'Fergie Time' playing at Old Trafford.

I fond it a bit rich of 'Agent' Hughes to moan about it when he is a former Utd player, how many games did he win in 'Fergie Time' whilst playing for Utd?
    A snippet of post-game commentary from Hughes:

"Historically it has happened before. I was in teams here (Old Trafford) where we always had a little bit of benefit. I never felt it was an issue when we played here. But since I have left maybe I have changed my view on that."

More and more like Neil Warnock with each passing week. I'm sure Bellamy 'acted in self-defense', too. 🙄
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 21:05
    you're all missing the main pint here, rio's mistake. he keeps playing like that utd could have an extra 10 mins per match and it wouldn't make any difference.

he's been carried for to long and it's time to move on.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    22 Sep '09 23:58
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Really though, I just love making you waste your time writing all this stuff.

ps. it's 30 added seconds for a goal, not 60.
    😵😵😵😵
    LOVE IT!!
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 00:01
    Originally posted by trev33
    you're all missing the main pint here, rio's mistake. he keeps playing like that utd could have an extra 10 mins per match and it wouldn't make any difference.

he's been carried for to long and it's time to move on.
    Rio- the most over-rated CH in English football history.
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 00:03
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    After the controversy over Michael Owen's winning goal in Sunday's Manchester derby, the Guardian has looked at all of United's league matches at Old Trafford since the start of the 2006-07 season and discovered that, on average, there has been over a minute extra added by referees when United do not have the lead after 90 minutes, compared to when the ...[text shortened]... nited were drawing or losing there was an average of 257.17sec.

Interesting statistic.
    lets not also forget the 'penalties' the away teams get at Old T(or rather they DONT GET)- another very very interesting stat!
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 18:17
    Originally posted by spurs73
    lets not also forget the 'penalties' the away teams get at Old T(or rather they DONT GET)- another very very interesting stat!
    So give us this interesting stat.

D
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 18:32
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    So give us this interesting stat.

D
    Still waiting for the "law".
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '09 18:58
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Still waiting for the "law".
    jude law? dennis law? help us out here a bit...
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Sep '09 00:532 edits
    Originally posted by trev33
    jude law? dennis law? help us out here a bit...
    the football 'law' according to Ragnoark

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree