Moves
    17 Nov '09 12:09
    Classic Sex Pistols!
  2. Joined
    13 Sep '09
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 20:46
    Originally posted by blade68
    He's got away with everything he's ever done...
    Why do officials persist in protecting the cheating, salad dodging, Fray Bentos munching, one-footed, fat bar steward?

1986 will never be forgotton.
    Never forgotten for when he ghosted past about 5 England players to score an awesome goal?
    In my opinion he is the greatest footballer to have ever lived..
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 20:55
    Originally posted by JayDoherty
    but he wasn't.

now he's just a joke... in argentina and abroad.
  4. Joined
    13 Sep '09
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 21:11
    Originally posted by trev33
    but he wasn't.

now he's just a joke... in argentina and abroad.
    Go on then tell me it was George Best....
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 21:57
    Go on then tell me it was George Best....
    ok, it was best. happy?
  6. Joined
    13 Sep '09
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 22:01
    Originally posted by trev33
    ok, he was the best. happy?
    There fixed it for you 😉
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 22:321 edit
    Originally posted by mtthw
    He's a hero in Argentina because he's their greatest ever player in their national sport, and he won them the world cup.

He's a hero in Scotland because he once cheated against your next-door neighbours, and knocked them out of a competition they weren't going to win anyway.

Have you any idea how tragic that sounds? You must be seriously short of national heroes.
    he is a hero in scotland for the same reason that he is a hero in Argentina, because he was the greatest player that we are ever likely to see! pure and simple! the fact that he knocked England out of the world cup was just an added bonus!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '09 22:372 edits
    Get your facts right...the ball DID cross the line in 1966, and even if it hadn't te English players weren't trying to cheat, it would have been a mistake on the linesman's/referee's part.
    look there a pink and lemon unicorn jumping over a rainbow set beneath a ruby sky, you get your facts right, and i quote.

There was a motor camera placed in line with the goal line, this shows conclusively that the ball did not wholly cross the line, thus the referee was wrong. At the end of the match an expectant joyous crowd started to come on the pitch, yet the referee had not blown the whistle: “they think it’s all over”, remarked BBC commentator Kenneth Wolstenholme, as Bobby Moore sped an accurate pass upfield to Geoff Hurst; “it is now!”, continued Wolstenholme as Moore’s pass was smashed into the German net by Hurst.

two evidences of blatant cheating! the Angles have nothing on Maradona, we shall now add hypocrisy and defamation of character to the megalomania which characterises their self delusion!
  9. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 10:54
    Never forgotten for when he ghosted past about 5 England players to score an awesome goal?
    What you fail to mention is the fact that the England players were on a downer having had the 'Hand of God' goal allowed only minutes before... otherwise there's not a chance in a million he'd have walked through for his 2nd.

I'd also like to point out that one of those 'defenders' was Terry Fenwick...a player (who in my opinion) was one of the luckiest blokes on the planet to make a living from playing professional football...

As far as the 'greatest footballer that ever lived' - as you say, that's your opinion.
  10. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 10:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    look there a pink and lemon unicorn jumping over a rainbow set beneath a ruby sky, you get your facts right, and i quote.

There was a motor camera placed in line with the goal line, this shows conclusively that the ball did not wholly cross the line, thus the referee was wrong. At the end of the match an expectant joyous crowd started to come on t ...[text shortened]... ypocrisy and defamation of character to the megalomania which characterises their self delusion!
    Sorry Robbie - you're not winding me up mate!

I think it's a sad state of affairs however, when someone would rather sledgehammer someone elses achievements rather than praise their own...
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 11:30
    Sorry Robbie - you're not winding me up mate!

I think it's a sad state of affairs however, when someone would rather sledgehammer someone elses achievements rather than praise their own...
    ok, ok, your humility has won me over, but you must understand, its difficult for us, there is almost one thousand years of history to negotiate, ever since Edward the first crossed the border intent on giving us a tanking, ever since general wade crossed the border and spilt the best blood of the highlands, so that the horses ran up to their necks in blood, these things we cannot nor shall ever forget!
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 12:39
    ok, ok, your humility has won me over, but you must understand, its difficult for us, there is almost one thousand years of history to negotiate, ever since Edward the first crossed the border intent on giving us a tanking, ever since general wade crossed the border and spilt the best blood of the highlands, so that the horses ran up to their necks in blood, these things we cannot nor shall ever forget!
    There you go again....knocking English achievements!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 13:07
    There you go again....knocking English achievements!
    If you shall term murder, greed , rape, pillage, unlawful entry, massacre and the killing of innocent people as an achievement, well yes, and this brings me to another point, you people have lost that which once made you noble, your manners and sense of fair play. Now your house is abandoned to you and you're country a cultural vacuum! what have you to say for yourself.
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 13:17
    If you shall term murder, greed , rape, pillage, unlawful entry, massacre and the killing of innocent people as an achievement, well yes, and this brings me to another point, you people have lost that which once made you noble, your manners and sense of fair play. Now your house is abandoned to you and you're country a cultural vacuum! what have you to say for yourself.
    I'm off to rape and pillage!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '09 13:20
    I'm off to rape and pillage!
    at the meadow hall centre?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree