1. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 13:281 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Siena's a local team here that been playing hot and also beat Stanford early in the year. They drew Vanderbilt in the 1st round and I almost went for them, but in the end think that draw is a little too tough for a team with no players who have ever been in the tourney before.

I have ND getting upset again, this time by George Mason. The I ...[text shortened]... en in my brackets; much as I love the mid-majors I'm a bit humbled by the Sugar Bowl fiasco.😳
    I don't really have many upsets in my brackets either, I do have Davidson beating the Zags. Wouldn't be suprised if they give the Hoyas trouble in the second round either, don't want to predict an upset in that one though. George Mason beating ND wouldn't surprise me. I have Washington St. beating the Irish in round 2.

Think my Clemson Tigers pulled a tough draw, but I believe they can manage the Sweet 16 against Kansas. I have the Tarheels and Bruins in the finals, leaning towards the Heels at the moment.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 13:39
    Originally posted by vacostner
    I don't really have many upsets in my brackets either, I do have Davidson beating the Zags. Wouldn't be suprised if they give the Hoyas trouble in the second round either, don't want to predict an upset in that one though. George Mason beating ND wouldn't surprise me. I have Washington St. beating the Irish in round 2.

Think my Clemson Tigers pulled a t ...[text shortened]... nsas. I have the Tarheels and Bruins in the finals, leaning towards the Heels at the moment.
    I like Davidson as well. I always take one shot at a #14 and this year it's Boise State knocking off Louisville. It's a long shot, but I'm not that impressed with Louisville anyway and don't see them going deep.

I have Wisconsin going to the Final Four along with Memphis, Tennessee and UCLA.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 13:53
    I'm trying to bet Darv $20 that I finish with more points then him in this contest, but he's insisting I pay off in money that was paid to Dudley Do-Right in the highly unlikely event I lose. I patiently explained to him: A) That March Madness is played in the US of A; B) That the majority of international currency transactions are in US dollars; and C) That Canadian money is gay. He's still holding out, probably out of fear and misplayed patriotism.

If and when he finally caves, I'll let the people know. He's temporarily unavailable for forum posting.
  4. Joined
    03 Jul '03
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 14:07
    drake bulldogs to the sweet 16.
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    17 Mar '08 18:10
    No matter what way I go through my bracket, I just can't pick to many upsets this year. It feels boring to go with all the top seeds, but its so easy to do this year. Had to pick a few upsets though 😉
  6. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 06:00
    That Canadian money is gay
    I really hope you are proud of yourself.

I mean you can try and tear me down left and right...but that statement right there is enough to show people EXACTLY what you are.

Dave
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 13:36
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    I really hope you are proud of yourself.

I mean you can try and tear me down left and right...but that statement right there is enough to show people EXACTLY what you are.

Dave
    Maybe you should impersonate someone with a sense of humour.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:291 edit
    I'm trying to bet Darv $20 that I finish with more points then him in this contest, but he's insisting I pay off in money that was paid to Dudley Do-Right in the highly unlikely event I lose. I patiently explained to him: A) That March Madness is played in the US of A; B) That the majority of international currency transactions are in US dollars; and C) he finally caves, I'll let the people know. He's temporarily unavailable for forum posting.
    Nope, he is trying to get more money out of you moron!! He sounds confident to me. Based on your predictions in the college football bowls and on the efforts of Hawaii and a certain QB who fell off the charts, his odds are pretty good that you will muck this up too!!
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:32
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Nope, he is trying to get more money out of you moron!! He sounds confident to me. Based on your predictions in the college football bowls and on the efforts of Hawaii and a certain QB who fell off the charts, his odds are pretty good that you will muck this up too!!
    Talk is cheap; I've yet to see you post any picks. I finished a whole game behind you two in the Bowl thread; yeah, you proved sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo superior.

Start picking if you have the ballsz.
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:37
    I'm trying to bet Darv $20 that I finish with more points then him in this contest, but he's insisting I pay off in money that was paid to Dudley Do-Right in the highly unlikely event I lose. I patiently explained to him: A) That March Madness is played in the US of A; B) That the majority of international currency transactions are in US dollars; and C) ...[text shortened]... he finally caves, I'll let the people know. He's temporarily unavailable for forum posting.
    Who'd want to be paid in US dollars when you can be paid in Canadian Dollars? They're worth more than the junk US dollar.

If Darvlay was to accept 20 bux US, then convert it at a bank to Canadian dollars he'd be getting less money.

You should at least offer him a prize of $21 US should you lose.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:38
    Originally posted by runninfiend
    drake bulldogs to the sweet 16.
    why not pick a few more CBS analysts pix and copy them into your rhp posts
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:411 edit
    Originally posted by uzless
    Who'd want to be paid in US dollars when you can be paid in Canadian Dollars? They're worth more than the junk US dollar.

If Darvlay was to accept 20 bux US, then convert it at a bank to Canadian dollars he'd be getting less money.

You should at least offer him a prize of $21 US should you lose.
    Because I don't want to waste my valuable time finding someplace to convert it thus incurring what economists call "opportunity costs". Surely it's a lot easier in Canada to convert US dollars, the predominant international currency, then it is to convert the currency of such an unimportant dominion to GW's New World Order in my neck of the woods.

He'd be getting the same thing I'm getting; $20 USD. How that is unfair is a mystery to me.
  13. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:47
    Because I don't want to waste my valuable time finding someplace to convert it thus incurring what economists call "opportunity costs". Surely it's a lot easier in Canada to convert US dollars, the predominant international currency, then it is to convert the currency of such an unimportant dominion to GW's New World Order in my neck of the woods.

...[text shortened]... 'd be getting the same thing I'm getting; $20 USD. How that is unfair is a mystery to me.
    I bet a shiny new nickel I get more points then both you and Darv. That should trade in well in Canada.
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 14:581 edit

...[text shortened]... 'd be getting the same thing I'm getting; $20 USD. How that is unfair is a mystery to me.
    ANY bank in the US will convert your dwindling dollar to a more substantial one like the Canadian dollar. Seems you just can't be bothered. The lazy American stereotype reveals a bit of truth this time?

And while you argue like some kind of obfiscating lawyer, it should be obvious to anyone with a brain larger than GW's that 20 US dollars is worth less to Darv than 20 US is to you. The reward is not equal.

My advice as Darvlay's attorney is to reject this deal and insist on equal terms.

19 Canadian Dollars to you should you win...21 US dollars to Darv should he win.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 17:05
    Talk is cheap; I've yet to see you post any picks. I finished a whole game behind you two in the Bowl thread; yeah, you proved sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo superior.

Start picking if you have the ballsz.
    Hey dolt, I was the first bracket completed in the Yahoo pool. It was filled out 15 minutes after they brackets were announced. Now go back to your round room and stand in the corner.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree