1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 17:06
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Because I don't want to waste my valuable time finding someplace to convert it thus incurring what economists call "opportunity costs". Surely it's a lot easier in Canada to convert US dollars, the predominant international currency, then it is to convert the currency of such an unimportant dominion to GW's New World Order in my neck of the woods.

...[text shortened]... 'd be getting the same thing I'm getting; $20 USD. How that is unfair is a mystery to me.
    Who EVER said your time was valuable? Certainly no one that I am aware of.
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 18:29
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    seriously, losers, stop the kid stuff and concentrate on march madness. Its a great thing, don't ruin it with an immature currency exchange argument.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 19:07
    Hey dolt, I was the first bracket completed in the Yahoo pool. It was filled out 15 minutes after they brackets were announced. Now go back to your round room and stand in the corner.
    it's easy to claim that since no one else's brackets can be seen. Since you've been so critical of other people's picks, how about giving us some of your upset picks in the first round?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 19:08
    You're not aware of much. Obviously.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 19:172 edits
    Originally posted by uzless
    ANY bank in the US will convert your dwindling dollar to a more substantial one like the Canadian dollar. Seems you just can't be bothered. The lazy American stereotype reveals a bit of truth this time?

And while you argue like some kind of obfiscating lawyer, it should be obvious to anyone with a brain larger than GW's that 20 US dollars is worth less al terms.

19 Canadian Dollars to you should you win...21 US dollars to Darv should he win.
    As of today, the difference is trivial; the US dollar is worth 99.3 Canadien. http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic That makes the difference all of 14 cents. So it's obviously just a dodge from Darv. I expect him to cave in before Thursday.

Very few banks in my neck of the woods bother to convert small amounts of currency. It wouldn't be worth my while to poke around to find one that does. Maybe that's "lazy" to someone who has nothing better to do, but I choose to think of it as efficiently utilizing my resources.

EDIT: Actually it seems I'd have to exchange it at the airport and pay $5 to do so. http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/2005/03/28/story2.html

Quote: The airport's currency exchange service has become more unique as banks in the Albany region have stopped handling foreign money.

EDIT2: My expectations were met; the bet is on in USD. I'm a little discolored from holding my breath, but I got my way and that's what matters, isn't it??
  6. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 19:51
    Apparently we are not aware.

How much do you charge your clients per hour?

Dave
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 20:013 edits
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    Apparently we are not aware.

How much do you charge your clients per hour?

Dave
    Why have you been arrested for Criminal Impersonation? That's a Class 6 Felony in Colorado. http://www.fortlewis.edu/administrative_services/police_parking/crs/criminalimpersonation.asp

(1) A person commits criminal impersonation if he knowingly assumes a false or fictitious identity or capacity, and in such identity or capacity he:

(d) Does an act which if done by the person falsely impersonated, might subject such person to an action or special proceeding, civil or criminal, or to liability, charge, forfeiture, or penalty; or
    (e) Does any other act with intent to unlawfully gain a benefit for himself or another or to injure or defraud another.

(2) Criminal impersonation is a class 6 felony.

It's probably wisest to retain local counsel, Dave.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 23:49
    it's easy to claim that since no one else's brackets can be seen. Since you've been so critical of other people's picks, how about giving us some of your upset picks in the first round?
    I'll be glad to.....after all of the brackets are in. You wouldn't want to minimize my chances against my co-pick'em champion from football, Darvlay, now would you?
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 23:49
    I am aware that you are predominantly a bag of hot air without much substance.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 00:12
    I am aware that you are predominantly a bag of hot air without much substance.
    I haven't seen anything of substance from you this thread -just a lot of petty name calling. Keep your nuts close to you like a good little squirrel if you want; the other posters haven't been so afraid to give out a few upset picks.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 00:25
    I haven't seen anything of substance from you this thread -just a lot of petty name calling. Keep your nuts close to you like a good little squirrel if you want; the other posters haven't been so afraid to give out a few upset picks.
    LOL, when you do it, it is constructive criticism and when I do it it is petty name calling? Yeah right. Oh and if everyone else was jumping off tall buildings, I guess I should too? Have a clue Einstein. Did everyone who is playing give them out...nope. Hey, you even said you weren't going to play, did you change your mind?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 00:342 edits
    LOL, when you do it, it is constructive criticism and when I do it it is petty name calling? Yeah right. Oh and if everyone else was jumping off tall buildings, I guess I should too? Have a clue Einstein. Did everyone who is playing give them out...nope. Hey, you even said you weren't going to play, did you change your mind?
    Are you over the age of ten? You sure don't act it. Not everyone popped in to criticize other people's picks without giving their own like you did.

Actually, I sent a PM to Darv suggesting we start a March Madness Pool (with a side wager). I was just busting his tiny nuts by then saying I wasn't going to play.
  13. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 02:09
    Why have you been arrested for Criminal Impersonation? That's a Class 6 Felony in Colorado. http://www.fortlewis.edu/administrative_services/police_parking/crs/criminalimpersonation.asp

(1) A person commits criminal impersonation if he knowingly assumes a false or fictitious identity or capacity, and in such identity or capacity he:

(d) Do ...[text shortened]... nation is a class 6 felony.

Oh my...the lawyer speaks.

It is sad that apparently you are not used in a courtroom, I am sure the glare of your head would distract the jurors from any testimony given...but once again you use company time to try and come after me incessantly.

Look...you have too many people on here that are seeing how you are and act. I keep learning more and more about you...especially the whole uchess thing.

Drop the shovel.

Dave
  14. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 02:19
    I'm in. But damn Yahoo and their password obsessiveness. It's only a free fantasy sport for goodness sakes.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 03:36

(d) Do ...[text shortened]... nation is a class 6 felony.

Holy cow!! Get defrauder a lawyer quick. He has been trying to impersonate someone with a brain for months. Unfortunately, everyone saw through his act and they know he knows nothing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree