1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 11:44
    Why do refs give this thug such leeway? He should have been sent off after that first kung fu kick in early 1st half. Bet he's a locker room cancer as well along with Tevez! ManCity looks listless and rudderless if these two cannot be reigned in!
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 18:12
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Why do refs give this thug such leeway? He should have been sent off after that first kung fu kick in early 1st half. Bet he's a locker room cancer as well along with Tevez! ManCity looks listless and rudderless if these two cannot be reigned in!
    Could not of put it better my self .
    When you behave like a spoilt child ,get the sack and then another team come along and pay you thousands of £'s a week why "toe the line " keeps them inthe headlines and swells their egos even more .
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '12 23:29
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Could not of put it better my self .
    When you behave like a spoilt child ,get the sack and then another team come along and pay you thousands of £'s a week why "toe the line " keeps them inthe headlines and swells their egos even more .
    Sorry state of affairs indeed! I am no Arsenal supporter, but Balotelli was allowed to whack at Arsenal's legs, knees, get away with all sorts of thuggery and only got yellow carded ever so reluctantly! Hard to believe EPL lets this go on. Hard play is OK, but Balotelli clearly aimed at opponent's knee way after ball went past! I agree he's a spoiled brat!
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 22:02
    why blame the player when its the ref who made the (wrong)decisions?
    Honestly some of you guys talk such rubbish

Instead of having a go at him ask yourself why the FA did F-all after seeing the tv replays

Ask youself why the ref said in his report that he saw the foul but he did not think it deserve a red?

Its the decision makers at fault here- we do have professional refs now so there is no excuse
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '12 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    why blame the player when its the ref who made the (wrong)decisions?
    Honestly some of you guys talk such rubbish

Instead of having a go at him ask yourself why the FA did F-all after seeing the tv replays

Ask youself why the ref said in his report that he saw the foul but he did not think it deserve a red?

Its the decision makers at fault here- we do have professional refs now so there is no excuse
    No one is blaming the player for the bad call. I am talking about his obvious thuggery, lack of sportsmanship and constant on field misbehavior. Only De Joong comes to mind as far as horrible behavior in same breath as Balotelli! Is FA waiting for him to seriously injure an opponent? That play was called a simple foul and did not get a yellow. That's exceptionally poor refereeing!

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news;_ylt=AhESATVqdS6jEAXyBH9jQtcmw7YF?slug=ap-italy-balotelli
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 10:32
    No one is blaming the player for the bad call. I am talking about his obvious thuggery, lack of sportsmanship and constant on field misbehavior. Only De Joong comes to mind as far as horrible behavior in same breath as Balotelli! Is FA waiting for him to seriously injure an opponent? That play was called a simple foul and did not get a yellow. That's exceptionally poor refereeing!
    Well, he has now been banned for three matches. Which is about the minimum he should get - players like that, IMO, should be kicked bodily off the field and not let back on for a full season at least. And yes, I agree with you about Nigel de Jong.

Richard

(And it's best to add "Nigel". He is not to be confused with Siem de Jong, no relation but also Dutch international, Luuk de Jong, brother of Siem, Nick de Jong - all pro football players - or John, Jean-Paul, Maarten, Theo - all ex-pro players who became coaches - Piet - long time ago - let alone Jan Willem or Migchiel, both chess players. It's the most commom surname in the Netherlands.)
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 11:24
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Well, he has now been banned for three matches. Which is about the minimum he should get - players like that, IMO, should be kicked bodily off the field and not let back on for a full season at least. And yes, I agree with you about Nigel de Jong.

Richard

(And it's best to add "Nigel". He is not to be confused with Siem de Jong, no relation but al ...[text shortened]... an Willem or Migchiel, both chess players. It's the most commom surname in the Netherlands.)
    Whew! Balotelli is certainly a blot on the sport! Playing hard with no evil intent is one thing, but this dude is a serious menace. Never seems to go for the ball, but opponents' knees, ankles and seems to be super strong. It is too bad he is wasting his enormous talent on thuggery!
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 22:15
    Whew! Balotelli is certainly a blot on the sport! Playing hard with no evil intent is one thing, but this dude is a serious menace. Never seems to go for the ball, but opponents' knees, ankles and seems to be super strong. It is too bad he is wasting his enormous talent on thuggery!
    Quite.

The stupid thing is, outside the field he can be, well, quite random as well, but rarely, AFAIAA, agressively or dangerously so. Well, dangerous to himself, perhaps. But dispensing money randomly through the town is a sign of someone who does have a soul, at least. Why doesn't he show it on the pitch? Or even on the training pitch?

Richard
  9. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 00:131 edit
    This is an interesting Balotelli story from last year:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3571579/Mario-Balotelli-helps-City-fan-being-bullied-at-school.html

This is a recent story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127795/Mario-Balotelli-avoids-game-ban-suspended-matches.html
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 02:30
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Quite.

The stupid thing is, outside the field he can be, well, quite random as well, but rarely, AFAIAA, agressively or dangerously so. Well, dangerous to himself, perhaps. But dispensing money randomly through the town is a sign of someone who does have a soul, at least. Why doesn't he show it on the pitch? Or even on the training pitch?

Richard
    I agree he is quite likeable off the field and is a big hearted kind of a guy. Perhaps there's hope for him and this suspension will make him think. However, it looks like Mancini has had it with him and he's also off the Italian National team. Too bad he's his own worst enemy!
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 02:351 edit
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    This is an interesting Balotelli story from last year:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3571579/Mario-Balotelli-helps-City-fan-being-bullied-at-school.html

This is a recent story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127795/Mario-Balotelli-avoids-game-ban-suspended-matches.html
    Interesting indeed. As I said before he does have redeeming value, like most human beings do. Perhaps before Mancini gives up on him completely he should hire a good shrink! However, until and if he shows real change he skates on truly thin ice and is likely to fall through! I hope for his sake something/someone helps him see the light!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree