1. Diverse City
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 17:31
    Newhampshirites, who knows a place in NH that teaches Ninjutsu?
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    12 Sep '07 21:31
    Originally posted by Sargent Carpface
    http://www.skydancers.com/japan/dojo_links.html
  3. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 03:16
    Remember how I gave you some advice about studying evolution?

Let me give you another piece of advice: Don't study ninjitsu.

There are no real ninjas anymore. Most likely any place you find nearby that teaches "ninjitsu" is just stealing your money.

What do you find appealing about martial arts? Why do you want to study one?
  4. Diverse City
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 22:05
    Originally posted by telerion
    Remember how I gave you some advice about studying evolution?

Let me give you another piece of advice: Don't study ninjitsu.

There are no real ninjas anymore. Most likely any place you find nearby that teaches "ninjitsu" is just stealing your money.

What do you find appealing about martial arts? Why do you want to study one?
    Doctor Steve Hayes made modern Ninjutsu, No its not real anymore but the learning of weapons are fantastic, for instance The Shuriken Throwing that is very hard, I have a friend who takes it and he can throw it pretty well. The art of silence is useful too. The grappling hook is also pretty cool. Climbing is nice, but I have found a Kenpo Karate place I dont like karate (Empty hand.) But they said they had the bo, and the numb-chucks. Are there more weapons to kenpo karate? They said 4 i forget the other 2.
  5. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 02:21
    Doctor Steve Hayes made modern Ninjutsu, No its not real anymore but the learning of weapons are fantastic, for instance The Shuriken Throwing that is very hard, I have a friend who takes it and he can throw it pretty well. The art of silence is useful too. The grappling hook is also pretty cool. Climbing is nice, but I have found a Kenpo Karate pla ...[text shortened]... , and the numb-chucks. Are there more weapons to kenpo karate? They said 4 i forget the other 2.
    .357 Magnum is a lot better form of self defense.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 04:19
    Doctor Steve Hayes made modern Ninjutsu, No its not real anymore but the learning of weapons are fantastic, for instance The Shuriken Throwing that is very hard, I have a friend who takes it and he can throw it pretty well. The art of silence is useful too. The grappling hook is also pretty cool. Climbing is nice, but I have found a Kenpo Karate pla ...[text shortened]... , and the numb-chucks. Are there more weapons to kenpo karate? They said 4 i forget the other 2.
    If your primarily interested in learning weapons, then I guess ninjitsu is fine. There are only three real purposes though that I can think of for learning ninjitsu.

1) You like learning about martial arts in a scholarly sort of way.
    2) You want to stalk and kill some one who is trapped in a 10 acre wooded area
    3) You want to tell people that you're a "ninja"

The first purpose is respectable enough; the second almost surely makes you a sociopath; and the third is just pathetic. I'll assume that you're interested in weapons training for the first reason.

I study judo and Brazilian juijitsu so basically submission grappling. If I had the time and money I'd throw Muy Thai in there as well to round out my game with striking. The best thing about all three of those arts is that they are practiced with a fully resistant partner. The competition is great as is the exercise. No weapons in any of those though.

A lot of other arts (see most Aikido places) basically give you rehearsed forms. It looks cool when some one places their hand just like this and turns just like that, but the minute somebody breaks from the choreography, the whole routine goes to pot.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 04:21
    Originally posted by slimjim
    .357 Magnum is a lot better form of self defense.
    True, assuming you can carry one around with you all the time. Of course, most martial arts are about more than just self-defense. Both judo and Brazilian juijitsu are sports. They're great fun and exercise.
  8. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 04:36
    True, assuming you can carry one around with you all the time. Of course, most martial arts are about more than just self-defense. Both judo and Brazilian juijitsu are sports. They're great fun and exercise.
    i thought without ever seeing it that judo was weak, but then on an UFC (it was the one with couture-liddell 2) a guy used tosses at every turn and it completly dominated his oppenent , very cool stuff...
  9. Diverse City
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 14:50
    If your primarily interested in learning weapons, then I guess ninjitsu is fine. There are only three real purposes though that I can think of for learning ninjitsu.

1) You like learning about martial arts in a scholarly sort of way.
    2) You want to stalk and kill some one who is trapped in a 10 acre wooded area
    3) You want to tell people that you'r ...[text shortened]... that, but the minute somebody breaks from the choreography, the whole routine goes to pot.
    Actually no I dont wnna tell people that. I am just crazy over ancient japan thats all.
  10. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 16:58
    Actually no I dont wnna tell people that. I am just crazy over ancient japan thats all.
    kuk sul won is another choice... i think japan does it, but its big in korea...
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 17:35
    Good. Sounds like choice (1).

Enjoy being a ninja. I'm a samurai.
  12. Diverse City
    Moves
    15 Sep '07 20:45
    Good. Sounds like choice (1).

Enjoy being a ninja. I'm a samurai.
    KENJITSU? COOL!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree