Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    16 Aug '17 18:54
    Got me €50 on Conor for the Lulz, and the PPV ready to go. who else is watching it? What do you think about the fight?
  2. 16 Aug '17 20:09
    Originally posted by @huckleberryhound
    Got me €50 on Conor for the Lulz, and the PPV ready to go. who else is watching it? What do you think about the fight?
    ask roma45
  3. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    16 Aug '17 20:39
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    ask roma45
    Thanks for the compliment but I am more of an expert on curling and darts.
    As for the fight mayweather should destroy McGregor in a few rounds
    But I think it will be a close carve up so they can have a money making rematch
    £20 to watch it on TV in the middle of the night?
  4. 17 Aug '17 21:40
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Thanks for the compliment but I am more of an expert on curling and darts.
    As for the fight mayweather should destroy McGregor in a few rounds
    But I think it will be a close carve up so they can have a money making rematch
    £20 to watch it on TV in the middle of the night?
    I just read about McGregor's punching power
    very devastating
    if he pops one on Mayweather's chin
    lights out
  5. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    18 Aug '17 07:29
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    I just read about McGregor's punching power
    very devastating
    if he pops one on Mayweather's chin
    lights out
    If it was a street fight McGregor no doubt.
    But mayweathers speed and jab probably one of the best boxers ever will be a mismatch.
    It will be interesting I am in Manchester when the fight is on doubt the hotel will show it.
  6. 18 Aug '17 23:45
    they are going to be using 8oz gloves instead of 10oz
    a little bit of advantage for McGregor
    just what part of MMA will be allowed?
    seems lopsided in Mayweather's favor
  7. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    19 Aug '17 07:30
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    they are going to be using 8oz gloves instead of 10oz
    a little bit of advantage for McGregor
    just what part of MMA will be allowed?
    seems lopsided in Mayweather's favor
    A 100% boxing rules
    McGregor has never had a match before against one of best ever.
    Should be a total mismatch

    But you never know

    Mayweather in round six
  8. 19 Aug '17 20:08
    pounds of force of McGregor's hardest punch, akin to 10-pound sledgehammer swung at 20 mph, according to ESPN Sport Science

    if Mayweather plays around too much, the mouse might just eat the cat
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    24 Aug '17 18:02
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    pounds of force of McGregor's hardest punch, akin to 10-pound sledgehammer swung at 20 mph, according to ESPN Sport Science

    if Mayweather plays around too much, the mouse might just eat the cat
    I see the odds makers put numbers I don't understand, something like a -400 for Mayweather and +350 for McGregor. What do those numbers mean? Why does the favorite have a minus number while the underdog has a plus?
  10. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    24 Aug '17 19:19
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I see the odds makers put numbers I don't understand, something like a -400 for Mayweather and +350 for McGregor. What do those numbers mean? Why does the favorite have a minus number while the underdog has a plus?
    The UK odds are 1/4 mayweather 3/1 McGregor 33/1 the draw

    So if you bet £4 on mayweather you would get £5 in return so mayweather is a negative bet the favourite normally is but -400 is a joke
  11. 24 Aug '17 21:40 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @roma45
    The UK odds are 1/4 mayweather 3/1 McGregor 33/1 the draw

    So if you bet £4 on mayweather you would get £5 in return so mayweather is a negative bet the favourite normally is but -400 is a joke
    Hi Roma

    They are Yankee odds, not the most logical, but here goes.

    If they are positive, that is what you would make for a 100 dollar bet. (Plus your stake back). So for McGregor, that is a win of 350 dollars. We would call it 7/2.

    Why they don't use the same system for 'odds on favourites', I have no idea, but if you win less than the stake they make it negative, and tell you how much you have to wager to WIN 100 dollars. Hence, if May weather is -400, you have to put 400 dollars on him to win 100, plus stake back. Our 4-1 on.

    I guess they use positive for the first case as it is a chance to make a good return, a positive experience. Negative for needing to gamble more than you will hopefully win.

    As with most things, Brit version is best!
  12. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    24 Aug '17 22:17
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Hi Roma

    They are Yankee odds, not the most logical, but here goes.

    If they are positive, that is what you would make for a 100 dollar bet. (Plus your stake back). So for McGregor, that is a win of 350 dollars. We would call it 7/2.

    Why they don't use the same system for 'odds on favourites', I have no idea, but if you win less than th ...[text shortened]... eeding to gamble more than you will hopefully win.

    As with most things, Brit version is best!
    Cheers it's a strange system probably designed to make the punter bet more.
  13. 24 Aug '17 22:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @roma45
    Cheers it's a strange system probably designed to make the punter bet more.
    I have met them before, and you are doing multiple calculations in your head. Change the 100 starter to another figure if you are betting, say, £15.

    Our 5/1 or 5/2 on are much easier to compute.
  14. Subscriber roma45
    st johnstone
    24 Aug '17 22:33
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    I have met them before, and you are doing multiple calculations in your head. Change the 100 starter to another figure if you are betting, say, £15.

    Our 5/1 or 5/2 on are much easier to compute.
    I am waiting on a certain troll to pipe in with Chinese odds are far superior than white male odds
  15. 24 Aug '17 22:39 / 1 edit
    Oh, you will be the 'woefully ignorant racist troll' who doesn't understand Yankee betting system.

    I will just be ...... well, the same, really.... except I do have some grasp on Yankee betting!

    This fight...you gotta admit it 'draws you in'? Personally hope the cage fighter guy kicks his ass.

    Does that make me a racist?