1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 14:31
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    The first half of that is true, right and proper, the second half is nonsense. Of course Maradona is a Scotch[sic] hero, and of course he should be, and of course he deserves a statue there. But that's because he is a bad player, a horrendous cheat and an junkhead (IOW, he'd fit right in in any Glasgae pub), not because he's any good.

Richard
    maradonna won the world cup single "handed" (pun intended) messi could not lace his boots when he was in his prime. he plays in a 2 team league and is surrounded by most of the spanish national team (best in the world by far, even when the dutch thugs tried to murder them). what does messi do when playing for argentina? disappear in his own ego.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '12 16:03
    Originally posted by roma45
    maradonna won the world cup single "handed" (pun intended) messi could not lace his boots when he was in his prime. he plays in a 2 team league and is surrounded by most of the spanish national team (best in the world by far, even when the dutch thugs tried to murder them). what does messi do when playing for argentina? disappear in his own ego.
    yes indeed, there is no comparison, Deigo is the best footballer we are ever likely to
    see.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 09:41
    its funny how its always the creative players that get classed as the best ever. i suppose its because they can be the difference in close games, remember schmichael at his peak in how many games for manu was he the difference? its hard not to be biased about the era or team or who they skinned and cheated against (robbie!!). id give up a season ticket to watch maradonna, messi, best and pele just to watch one game of the mighty bernie slaven!!!! c'mon boro!!!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 13:061 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    its funny how its always the creative players that get classed as the best ever. i suppose its because they can be the difference in close games, remember schmichael at his peak in how many games for manu was he the difference? its hard not to be biased about the era or team or who they skinned and cheated against (robbie!!). id give up a season ticket ...[text shortened]... onna, messi, best and pele just to watch one game of the mighty bernie slaven!!!! c'mon boro!!!
    c'mon boro,

LOL, funniest thing I've heard for ages!

Bernie Slaven, folk hero! up there with Maradona, Robert Bruce, Robin Hood and Asa Hartford.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree