1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 20:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I live in Fresno Ca. It is hot today.But i have live here for 29 years so it doesnt bother me.
    Nifty. What else?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '10 23:02
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i am shocked u are still gunning for this guy- when u say nothing about the other NFL players who have taken Human life.

perhaps u are the 'sorry human being' my friend
    I've said plenty about the others, but this thread is about Vick. No one, but no one gets a pass in my book. Vick just happenes to be a different sort of sorry human being. Many of the others' misbehavior might be chalked up to passion of the moment, an affirmative defense lessening the gravity of their crimes. Vick's was willful, premeditated abuse of man's best friend. For money, no less. I have sympathy for the other NFL not so greats' victims, but most of these were able to live another day. These poor dogs were culpable solely of trusting humans.
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 12:57
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I've said plenty about the others, but this thread is about Vick. No one, but no one gets a pass in my book. Vick just happenes to be a different sort of sorry human being. Many of the others' misbehavior might be chalked up to passion of the moment, an affirmative defense lessening the gravity of their crimes. Vick's was willful, premeditated abuse of ...[text shortened]... ese were able to live another day. These poor dogs were culpable solely of trusting humans.
    You are giving those who comitted far more serious crimes a pass when you obsess over Vick.

Vick's crime was premeditated but it is not against humans. It is far more serious to ignore the realities of being completely bombed getting behind the wheel of a car and running someone over. Victims of DWIs are just as innocent as dogs and there lives are more valuable because they are humans and not dogs.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Jul '10 14:551 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    How did he fail?

Can't a man celebrate his 30th birthday?
    Not if he is 40. 😛
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '10 03:22
    Originally posted by quackquack
    You are giving those who comitted far more serious crimes a pass when you obsess over Vick.

Vick's crime was premeditated but it is not against humans. It is far more serious to ignore the realities of being completely bombed getting behind the wheel of a car and running someone over. Victims of DWIs are just as innocent as dogs and there lives are more valuable because they are humans and not dogs.
    WE quibble, but the reality is the threadis not about the others, but about Vick. Indeed humans are more valuable, but animals are our wards. There is no more heinous crime than hurting those we are charged to care for. The others were not caged and tortured to be used as gladiatorial fodder. The combination of premeditation, betting, strvation to increase ferocity, raised without love to be more aggressive. There is simply no comparison. Once you do to the innocent you are charged to care for what Vick did to these dogs it is not an enormous leap to think Vick would never hold back with humans!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree