1. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    01 Jan '08 22:38
    Who saw that one coming? Shocking.

Virginia beat Texas Tech, as well.

Not a good day for favored teams, so far. Maybe Georgia will be the next to go down? Hmm?
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 00:36
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Who saw that one coming? Shocking.

Virginia beat Texas Tech, as well.

Not a good day for favored teams, so far. Maybe Georgia will be the next to go down? Hmm?
    Sorry, but Texas Tech won their game against Virginia.
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 00:42
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Sorry, but Texas Tech won their game against Virginia.
    Crap, wrote it backwards. I guess I wanted Virginia to win more than I thought I did. 😛

Sorry about the mistake.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 03:12
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Crap, wrote it backwards. I guess I wanted Virginia to win more than I thought I did. 😛

Sorry about the mistake.
    No problem....

I was glad to see Lloyd Carr go out on top, even though it went against my pick. He was a stand up guy who never made excuses and never blamed anyone for the Michigan shortcomings.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 03:27
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    No problem....

I was glad to see Lloyd Carr go out on top, even though it went against my pick. He was a stand up guy who never made excuses and never blamed anyone for the Michigan shortcomings.
    I despise Michigan...especially because I may go to OSU next year, but it's nice to see the Big 10 beat an SEC team.

SEC = overrated bunch of white trash.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 04:24
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I despise Michigan...especially because I may go to OSU next year, but it's nice to see the Big 10 beat an SEC team.

Do you play with anything other than yourself? Go park some more cars.
  7. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 05:15
    Game of the year!

Hail to the Victors.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 06:27
    Being a life-long Gator fan, I tip my hat to the Wolverines.

Despite the sorrowful outcome, the game was EXTREMELY entertaining!
  9. Joined
    25 Nov '07
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 09:13
    Very good match. Michigan really stepped up. Best Bowl game yet. 🙂
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 13:41
    Originally posted by cmsMaster

The SEC is 6-2 in bowl games this year; unless OSU upsets LSU in the "Championship" Game, the Big 10 will have another losing bowl season - they stand at 3-4 now.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 16:07
    The Big Ten has had a great bowl season. Only a fool (or maybe a guy who roots for Hawaii) looks only at record. But when you break down home/ road and matchups, I'd argue it is a quality performance by the Big 10.

#1 big 10 team did not play yet (but it is the second year in a row they are playing for a national championship)
    #2 big ten team got blown out again the #1 pac ten team. It was a poor performance but no conference other than the big ten is expect to have their non-number one team play the top team in a BCS conference at their home. I doubt anyone thinks ACC #2 Virginia would stand a chance at USC or PAC-10 #2 team Arizona State. Unfair matchup are going to lead to losses.
    #3 big 10 team Michigan (unranked) beat the defending national champion and #12 in the BCS Florida in Florida. It is a big win for the Big 10 vs. SEC. Big 10 haters will probably completely ignore this huge road win like they always do. But it is the second time in 5 years Michigan has beaten Florida in a bowl game.
    #4 Big 10 team Wisconsin lost a close game against a higher ranked SEC team that was tied for the best SEC record. It is a loss but if you want to compare conferences. Illinois the #2 Big 10 team should play Tennesee not the #4 big 10 team
    #5 big 10 team (middle of the road) Penn State beats a middle of the road big 12 team Texas A&M in Texas. Evenly matched game. Big 10 on the road. Big 10 wins.
    #7 big ten team purdue beats Central michigan. The macs best team. Purdue still stinks but it shows how much better bcs conferences are than small conferences.
    #8 Indiana losese to Oklahoma State. Indiana is terrible and played terrible. Not sure why anyone would put them in a bowl game.
    #9 Michigan state loses a close game to ACC atlantic conference and the #14 team BC. There may be no moral victories in football, but when your 9 team makes it a nail biter against someone else's #2 team. You certainly cannot say the Big 10 stinks because their 9th best team is very competitive against a team that was ranked as high as #2 in the nation.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 16:241 edit
    Originally posted by poundlee
    The Big Ten has had a great bowl season. Only a fool (or maybe a guy who roots for Hawaii) looks only at record. But when you break down home/ road and matchups, I'd argue it is a quality performance by the Big 10.

#1 big 10 team did not play yet (but it is the second year in a row they are playing for a national championship)
    #2 big ten team got bl 9th best team is very competitive against a team that was ranked as high as #2 in the nation.
    What a moron; 3-4 is a LOSING RECORD - the 7th in the last 8th years for the "Big Ten" - and you consider that "great"! The Big Ten didn't have a lot of rated teams this year for a reason and so far the two that played lost. If and when OSU loses, they'll be 0 for 3 and have a "great" 3-5 record.

It's a measure of the weakness of the Big Ten that's its no2 team, Michigan, was a heavy underdog against the no5 team in the SEC. And that's your biggest victory; Purdue barely beat a 5 loss mid-major!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 16:331 edit
    Florida is the 4th best team in the SEC. The game is in Florida and they lost (for the second time in a bowl game in 5 years) to Michigan (the #3 big ten team). It is a huge win and as good an underdog win as there was in bowl games.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 16:36
    To say that the big 10 stinks because teams like Michigan State (#9 in the big 10) can't beat the #2 team in the ACC is a joke.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 16:361 edit
    Originally posted by poundlee
    Florida is the 4th best team in the SEC. The game is in Florida and they lost (for the second time in a bowl game in 5 years) to Michigan (the #3 big ten team). It is a huge win and as good an underdog win as there was in bowl games.
    I forgot; you consider every bowl game by a Big Ten team to be a road game and use that as an excuse if they lose.

3 SEC teams had a better league record than Florida; Auburn had the same league record but beat Florida. That makes the Gators no5 in the SEC. And Michigan had the same record as Illinois but beat them making the Wolverines no2 in the Big Ten. And Orlando is over 100 miles away from Gainesville; some "home" game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree