1. 6yd box
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 02:24
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Not a reach by any means. Those who torture the innocent cannot be trusted. Dog being man's best friend makes it especially egregious. I'm not even remotely for PETA or the likes, yet this guy really bugs me. I would ask to be traded if forced to be his team mate.

Never forget these animal were not only fought. They were starved, killed outright if t ...[text shortened]... himself. Also never forget this was a volitional act, premeditated, well planned and executed.
    what about the NFL players who took HUMAN LIVES like Stallworth and little- dont they 'bug' u?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 03:35
    Originally posted by spurs73
    what about the NFL players who took HUMAN LIVES like Stallworth and little- dont they 'bug' u?
    I stated before, or perhaps it was in another thread that these other two thugs should be out as well. I also want all the wife beaters, druggies, steroids abusers punished. However, that leaves Hollywood untouched. A few years ago we gave an oscar nomination to Roman Polanski, a child molester. Until we clean up a bit our culture will continue to decline. When Tookie Williams was finally executed Austria removed Schwarzenegger's name from Vienna Stadium and renamed it Tokkie Williams stadium. That bugs me to no end. A capital murderer, no less! Out with the whole sorry lot. We could live with less quality on the field and better role models for kids!
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 21:07
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I stated before, or perhaps it was in another thread that these other two thugs should be out as well. I also want all the wife beaters, druggies, steroids abusers punished. However, that leaves Hollywood untouched. A few years ago we gave an oscar nomination to Roman Polanski, a child molester. Until we clean up a bit our culture will continue to decli ...[text shortened]... whole sorry lot. We could live with less quality on the field and better role models for kids!
    I think the "punish everyone" argument makes sense than the punish Vick argument. Simply, if you are only going to be outraged by one person's criminal acts then you should not worry about Michael Vick.

Hollywood and musicians behavior is far worse than that of athletes. The "arts" actually glorify illegal activity (drugs, guns etc) where in athletics drug use is still considered "bad" activity.

I believe people expect (and get) superior moral behavior from athletes.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 22:08
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I think the "punish everyone" argument makes sense than the punish Vick argument. Simply, if you are only going to be outraged by one person's criminal acts then you should not worry about Michael Vick.

Hollywood and musicians behavior is far worse than that of athletes. The "arts" actually glorify illegal activity (drugs, guns etc) where in athleti ...[text shortened]... activity.

I believe people expect (and get) superior moral behavior from athletes.
    Indeed! This is not a tar and feather Vick, and as you say, athletes are by far better in general than Hollyweird types. WE need better morals clauses in everyone's contracts. We hired a school superintendent a few years back and he was forced to sign a morals clause, forced to use a chauffer and on and on. I questioned this hiring because, unlike athletes, he had children's lives to mess with. I was villified for speaking strongly about hiring such a jerk. Inevitably this person was horrible, did nothing but hurt the kids and resgined in disgrace.

I digress simply to make a point about human behavior. Once people stray they rarely come back into the fold. Largely their behaviors are precipitated by personality disorder, a mental condition largely resistant to treatment. In some instances these behaviors are more related to sociopathic disorders. These people are remorseless. Vick appears only sorry about being caught, hence the emptiness of his expressions of remorse. Notice he focuses a lot on what he lost, not on what he did, which he only mentions periferally or detachedly. It's like listening to someone recounting someone else's bad story.

We would be better off with less quality on the field. Kick the sorry bums out. There was a time when even mild behavior by todays standards, a la Hollywood Henderson, would end your carreer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree