1. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 18:28
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I'm a Twins fan through and through.

The Twins don't rebuild, they retool!
    I'm a Twins fan too but this is shaping up to be a long year. Why do we insist on teaching all our hitters to just slap the ball and swing at anything within a mile of the plate (Mournou and Mauer being the exceptions)? So far I have been favorably impressed by our starting pitching sans Sanatana, but I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 18:30
    Originally posted by zebano
    I'm a Twins fan too but this is shaping up to be a long year. Why do we insist on teaching all our hitters to just slap the ball and swing at anything within a mile of the plate (Mournou and Mauer being the exceptions)? So far I have been favorably impressed by our starting pitching sans Sanatana, but I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Gomez looks like a good scrappy lead-off man...
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 01:36
    Now the Twins have been among the leader in talking bases on balls for several years. So I don't buy the premise that they're undisciplined. I have high hopes for Delmon young and gomez looks promising as darv has said.

I have to trust them at their word that they'll pick up a ligit 3rd baseman next year.

the OF looks good for a long time, the starting pitching is promising, relief is nearly the best. Just have holes at 3rd and SS. Keep the faith.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 19:00
    Now the Twins have been among the leader in talking bases on balls for several years. So I don't buy the premise that they're undisciplined. I have high hopes for Delmon young and gomez looks promising as darv has said.

I have to trust them at their word that they'll pick up a ligit 3rd baseman next year.

the OF looks good for a long time, the star ...[text shortened]... ng is promising, relief is nearly the best. Just have holes at 3rd and SS. Keep the faith.
    Wes Helms was available for 3rd 😛
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 13:344 edits

the OF looks good for a long time, the star ...[text shortened]... ng is promising, relief is nearly the best. Just have holes at 3rd and SS. Keep the faith.
    NO they've been right in the middle of the pack in the AL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?sort=walks&split=0&group=7&season=2003&seasonType=2&statType=batting&type=exp1
    They've been 7th or 8th / 14 in every season since 2002.

I am a big fan of the outfield, just impatient for them to mature a little.
  6. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 01:22
    Braves bullpen will screw up again as usual.
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    18 Apr '08 01:34
    NO they've been right in the middle of the pack in the AL.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?sort=walks&split=0&group=7&season=2003&seasonType=2&statType=batting&type=exp1
    They've been 7th or 8th / 14 in every season since 2002.

I am a big fan of the outfield, just impatient for them to mature a little.
    I take that back. They're among the leaders in not issuing walks. They are way out front right now.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Apr '08 14:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    I made it!! I made it!! I made it through yet anther wasteland period spanning both football and baseball.

OK, so what does this year look like in baseball? What do your teams look like this year and who will challenge either Boston or the Yankees in the World Series?

Edit: Hopefully not the poor rockies again this year. How embarrassing was that? 😳
    This is the Cubs century!
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '08 03:03
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    This is the Cubs century!
    Kelly
    I gotta say, it is looking good for the Cubs lately. They now have the manager they have always lacked to get the job done.

If you don't believe me you can have Dusty Baker back and my Reds will take Sweet Lou back. I predict Dusty will only have a year or two in Cincinnati before getting the ax.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 16:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    I gotta say, it is looking good for the Cubs lately. They now have the manager they have always lacked to get the job done.

If you don't believe me you can have Dusty Baker back and my Reds will take Sweet Lou back. I predict Dusty will only have a year or two in Cincinnati before getting the ax.
    I'm ashamed to say I turned off the game last night and missed their
    come back win, their 10K win no less. 🙁 They are playing like they
    really are team I think they are, not the team I'm used to seeing. 😉
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    24 Apr '08 20:11

Liriano looks terrible though. He couldn't even make it out of the first inning today.
  12. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    27 Apr '08 09:08
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Liriano looks terrible though. He couldn't even make it out of the first inning today.
    The Brewers long ball finally beat the Marlins today.

One big slap.

Otherwise, all I saw them doing was just standing there....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree