1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Oct '12 12:44
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    And Verlander continues being brilliant as ever! Perhaps Tigers are the team of destiny. I don't know who could beat them right now, but two NLCS teams left are mighty tough. None of them has a Verlander, except perhaps Matt Cain, but he's not been great lately.
    You change your tune daily almost. LOL
    Here are your posts in this thread so far.

Oct 06 - A's over the Tigers hands down. Yankees over Orioles. St. Louis over Nationals. Cincy over Giants.

October 11 - Series tied 2-2! Get your tix, air and game for tonight! Tigers are going down! Verlander not nearly as good on the road as at home. Prince Fielder will attack ground balls gingerly after last night's costly error! I really don't think it's anyone's game tonite. Pressure's on them striped cats! Tigers have got to be in shock after even fleetingly thinking ALCS! Never count your chickens before they hatch!

October 12 - Well Tigers indeed took care of business as did the Giants. A's ran into a buzz saw in Verlander. Hats off to the teams with aces who deliver! Excellent post-season indeed!

October 13 - I'm 50-50! Cincy would have won had they not lost Cueto! Indeed Cards may be team of destiny, but Yankees are looking pretty darn good as well! I am picking Cardinals and Yankees for the NLCS and ALCS! Tigers will run out of luck!

October 18 - And Verlander continues being brilliant as ever! Perhaps Tigers are the team of destiny. I don't know who could beat them right now, but two NLCS teams left are mighty tough. None of them has a Verlander, except perhaps Matt Cain, but he's not been great lately.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 03:34
    Now St. Louis is one game away from the World Series.

Can you say....destiny?????
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 17:41
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You change your tune daily almost. LOL
    Here are your posts in this thread so far.

Oct 06 - [b]A's over the Tigers hands down. Yankees over Orioles. St. Louis over Nationals. Cincy over Giants.

October 11 - Series tied 2-2! Get your tix, air and game for tonight! Tigers are going down! Verlander not nearly as good on the road as at home. Pr ...[text shortened]... of them has a Verlander, except perhaps Matt Cain, but he's not been great lately.[/b]
    Who could remain still with such a post-season. I have not wavered from the Cards. Yankees let me down big time. They need to get rid of lockerroom cancer A-Rod! What a sorry SOB! WS may go six games with Verlander winning the only two Tigers games! However, Tigers looking like they have magic of their own. Who knows. It may be a Tigers year. No wildcard has ever won back to back WS!
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Oct '12 18:17
    Who could remain still with such a post-season. I have not wavered from the Cards. Yankees let me down big time. They need to get rid of lockerroom cancer A-Rod! What a sorry SOB! WS may go six games with Verlander winning the only two Tigers games! However, Tigers looking like they have magic of their own. Who knows. It may be a Tigers year. No wildcard has ever won back to back WS!
    Isn't that true of anything...until it has been done the first time???
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 18:34
    The Giants aren't dead yet and are going back to San Fran needing to make their second in a row comeback. I think if they can win Game 6 they'll take the series.
  6. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 19:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Giants aren't dead yet and are going back to San Fran needing to make their second in a row comeback. I think if they can win Game 6 they'll take the series.
    Even if they won game six, I wouldn't bet against the cardinals. I wouldn't bet against the giants for that matter.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 20:07
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Even if they won game six, I wouldn't bet against the cardinals. I wouldn't bet against the giants for that matter.
    In a decisive game, I like Matt Cain a lot better than Kyle Lohse.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 20:09
    In a decisive game, I like Matt Cain a lot better than Kyle Lohse.
    So did the Reds all year!! 😉
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Oct '12 21:06
    So did the Reds all year!! 😉
    That doesn't even make any sense.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 05:04
    That doesn't even make any sense.
    It makes perfect sense. The Reds owned Cain (even you crowed about that),
    but not so much on Lohse.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 16:24
    Isn't that true of anything...until it has been done the first time???
    Remains to be seen if there's even a Cards-Tigers series. Cards have all the pressure on them. If they don't win tonight I think Giants take the series.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 17:55
    Remains to be seen if there's even a Cards-Tigers series. Cards have all the pressure on them. If they don't win tonight I think Giants take the series.
    Ummm, can't say I agree with your logic here.
    The pressure is not on the Cardinals, it is on the Giants.
    If the Giants lose today, their season is over.
    If the Cardinals lose today, they play again tomorrow.

I do agree that it a game 7 comes, the edge will be to the Giants,
    but the edge has been with every team the Cardinals have played so far.
    It doesn't appear they crack under pressure.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 02:49
    Ummm, can't say I agree with your logic here.
    The pressure is not on the Cardinals, it is on the Giants.
    If the Giants lose today, their season is over.
    If the Cardinals lose today, they play again tomorrow.

I do agree that it a game 7 comes, the edge will be to the Giants,
    but the edge has been with every team the Cardinals have played so far.
    It doesn't appear they crack under pressure.
    Perfectly sound logic. Pressure was on tonight and it showed. Giants looked loose and confident whereas the cards looked like fifteen year old school girls about to go out the QB on first date. Nervous, panties in a wad an peeing themselves.Now all the pressure is again on Cards tomorrow. Their pitching has all but disappeared. It may be the Tigers year after all! I doubt Cards can come back tomorrow. They look shellshocked!
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 03:40
    Perfectly sound logic. Pressure was on tonight and it showed. Giants looked loose and confident whereas the cards looked like fifteen year old school girls about to go out the QB on first date. Nervous, panties in a wad an peeing themselves.Now all the pressure is again on Cards tomorrow. Their pitching has all but disappeared. It may be the Tigers year after all! I doubt Cards can come back tomorrow. They look shellshocked!
    Let's see...you were the guy that picked the Yankees and the Cardinals to make it to the World Series.

Let's watch the game tomorrow and see what happens.
    Certainly, the giants will have the advantage due to the crowd.
    We'll see if Matt Cain comes out strong or tentative.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 11:25
    Let's see...you were the guy that picked the Yankees and the Cardinals to make it to the World Series.

Let's watch the game tomorrow and see what happens.
    Certainly, the giants will have the advantage due to the crowd.
    We'll see if Matt Cain comes out strong or tentative.
    What does it matter what I picked? Not my fault Yankees fell apart. I am still picking the Cardinals, but merely pointing out they dug themselves a huge hole after coughing up two in a row in woeful fashion. I stand by my picks. Tigers took it to the Yankees and now Giants are taking it to the Cards and Cards are choking. It is looking like the Cards magic has certainly run out and they are certainly missing the big bat of Lance Berkman. BTW, my preseason pick to make it all the way was Texas Rangers. Not my fault they decided to pull a choke job on me and the world. Now the Cards are looking mighty human!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree