1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 03:50
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Congrats to the Detroit Tigers and Rwingett. That was a great game.
    The Yankees have no one to blame but themselves for losing that game.
    A-Rod stunk up the joint.

Now the Tigers catch the Rangers.
    The evil empire has been defeated. Go Tigers!
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 03:58
    I think the Yankees will beat the hell out of Detroit in Game 5.
    They have the better pitcher on the mound.
    They have their home field.
    They have MUCH more experience in these types of games.
    The managers are equal, so no advantage to either side there.
    I like Rivera more than Valverde.
    I think the Yankees have a slight edge in hitting.
    AND, the ...[text shortened]... atch up of aces on Friday.
    I also think Milwaukee sends the Dbacks packing on Friday as well.
    Told you so. Wrong in spite of all your much vaunted "smart money"(your own self assessment). I see you congratulated everyone save for me. It's too bad the Yankees had to make up a silly excuse for pulling a pitcher giving up two homers to 2nd and 3rd batters. Simply say he sucked and pull him. I hate lying dogs. Outplayed, outcoached, outhit, outpitched. Outa here! Evil empire is gone the way of the Dodo. What kind of a sorry team loses a game five at home. I'm pretty sure TX will be favored over Detroit, but it should be close. Only agreement is Rivera is better than Valverde, bbut Valverde was the best closer in AL this year.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 04:202 edits
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Told you so. Wrong in spite of all your much vaunted "smart money"(your own self assessment). I see you congratulated everyone save for me. It's too bad the Yankees had to make up a silly excuse for pulling a pitcher giving up two homers to 2nd and 3rd batters. Simply say he sucked and pull him. I hate lying dogs. Outplayed, outcoached, outhit, outpitch eement is Rivera is better than Valverde, bbut Valverde was the best closer in AL this year.
    You are an idiot. Learn the game before you try to talk about it.

The Tigers danced on a string all night.
    The Yankees had Gardner and Martin and A-Rod all make outs with the sacks juiced.
    Jeter nearly left the yard to end the 8th.
    And you are most worried because Nova leaves with an injury.
    What a rube. What medical school did you graduate from?
    Delmon Young left with a strained oblique but was winging champagne around the clubhouse.
    Was he faking it too?

I will make sure to point out every time you are wrong in the future.
    I am sure it will be often.

By the way dipstick, I did say I would like to see the Tigers win it, but the smart money was on the Tigers.
    You don't bet, so you can't claim squat.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 11:20

The Yankees had Gardner and Martin and A-Rod all make outs with the sacks juiced.
    What a rube. What medical school did you graduate from ...[text shortened]... igers win it, but the smart money was on the Tigers.
    Delmon Young and Doug Fister, our late season acquisitions, proved to be pivotal, just as I was saying so many posts ago. You see? They turned us into an invincible super team. Sort of.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 11:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Delmon Young and Doug Fister, our late season acquisitions, proved to be pivotal, just as I was saying so many posts ago. You see? They turned us into an invincible super team. Sort of.
    Even you must admit, they were lucky as hell to get out of there with the win last night.
    I would say they were more "charmed" than "invincible".

The Rangers will pose a formidable test for them.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 12:04

What a rube. What medical school did you graduate from ...[text shortened]... igers win it, but the smart money was on the Tigers.
    I always end up laughing at you in spite of your much vaunted "knowledge" of the game. Now you're saying you picked the Tigers? That's rich! You are fool, but you won't admit it! You gave myriad reasons why Yankees would win. Guess what? All your reasons were wrong! You'd make a bottom feeder sports announcer in the bush league the way you pick! I am waiting for the you were right and I was wrong moment, but I doubt you would ever utter anything resembling maturity. Keep calling me dipstick and other names. I do not mind as long as you are wrong and I am right.

Dancing on a string? You said it would be a blow out Yankees win. I think who danced on a string were the Yanks. Never once led in the game. I do not argue it was very close, but where, just where was your blow out?

Nova's alleged injury was "tightness". Ha! Delmon Young's? Who cares? Young was not a starting pitcher giving up two 1st inning homers. Young was a HR hitter. No reason to fake and pull him.

Lastly. If you know so dang much how come you're wrong so often? It is really laughable how you lash out at me when I'm right! So I did not bet, but neither did you so that is about the dumbest non-argument I've ever heard.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 12:56
    Even you must admit, they were lucky as hell to get out of there with the win last night.
    I would say they were more "charmed" than "invincible".

The Rangers will pose a formidable test for them.
    Perhaps. But the Tigers will triumph in the end because they are...INVINCIBLE!
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 12:571 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I always end up laughing at you in spite of your much vaunted "knowledge" of the game. Now you're saying you picked the Tigers? That's rich! You are fool, but you won't admit it! You gave myriad reasons why Yankees would win. Guess what? All your reasons were wrong! You'd make a bottom feeder sports announcer in the bush league the way you pick! I am wa bet, but neither did you so that is about the dumbest non-argument I've ever heard.
    Moron....go back and READ the post, or do I need to shove in your face and read it to you?

I never said I "picked" the Tigers to win. I "picked" the Yankees to win.
    I gave a long list of reasons why I thought they would win.

I said I "hoped" Detroit would win.
    Why would I say that? Because I hate the Yankees, and because I like to see new blood
    in the mix.

I realize this may be more than your pea can comprehend, but allow it to sink in,
    and perhaps you will catch on. Too bad it won't be before you pop off again with
    some ridiculous barb.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 12:59
    Perhaps. But the Tigers will triumph in the end because they are...INVINCIBLE!
    For your sake I hope you are right.

However, Nolan Ryan's outfit is pretty darn solid. We will see how invincible the cats are.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 13:02
    For your sake I hope you are right.

However, Nolan Ryan's outfit is pretty darn solid. We will see how invincible the cats are.
    Bah! The only thing Nolan Ryan can beat is Robin Ventura.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 13:111 edit
    Bah! The only thing Nolan Ryan can beat is Robin Ventura.
    You know, Nolan is a really amazing guy. I got to know him several years ago when
    my Dad and Nolan sat on the board of a bank together and then through one of his
    business partners. When he was 50 years old, the man still did 200 push ups, 200 sit
    ups and 200 squats every day. I haven't spoken with him since he took over the
    Rangers, so I have no idea if he still has his daily regimen (obviously not at the same
    level anyway), but the guy has always had the most amazing focus and attention to
    detail. That is why I am not surprised the Rangers have been so successful under his
    watch.

By the way, he bested 5,714 hitters on strikes and bested 324 teams with wins.
    I would say he beat more than Ventura. 😛
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 22:30
    Congrats to the Tigers.

Has there ever been a undisputed first ballot Hall of Famer who has been so consistently crappy in big games as A-Rod has?
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 23:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    My world series Prediction is that the Tigers will play the Cardinals.
    just a reminder.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 01:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Congrats to the Tigers.

Has there ever been a undisputed first ballot Hall of Famer who has been so consistently crappy in big games as A-Rod has?
    .277 AVE with 13 HRs in the postseason. There have probably been worse.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 09:56
    Impressive; I managed to get all three Game 5 predictions wrong.

If the Brewers win the World Series, they'll muck up whodey and Wingo's "only Top 15 salary teams win it" theory. They are 17th in payroll according to ESPN. In fact, only the high spending Tigers are even in the Top Ten in salary of the teams left. And none would be considered a "big market" team except possibly the Rangers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree