1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 17:09
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Tigers will win it. You heard it here first.
    Eternal optimist, eh? How many teams have emerged from an 0-2 hole? Not many. granted it is not like A 0-3 hole, but the Tigers went down so meekly both nights I don't see them making a comeback. I remember the Red Sox huge comeback from 0-3. The three games they lost they fought hard and one could almost sense the comeback. Tigers are looking like emasculated kitties still hurting from the neutering scissors! Hapless and devoid of fight. Giants never looked like this in losing the three they did against the Cards. Reality is Giants disposed of a mighty team whereas Tigers disposed of a has been Yankees whom they now resemble!
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 21:26
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Eternal optimist, eh? How many teams have emerged from an 0-2 hole? Not many. granted it is not like A 0-3 hole, but the Tigers went down so meekly both nights I don't see them making a comeback. I remember the Red Sox huge comeback from 0-3. The three games they lost they fought hard and one could almost sense the comeback. Tigers are looking like emas ...[text shortened]... disposed of a mighty team whereas Tigers disposed of a has been Yankees whom they now resemble!
    Not an optimist. I'm the one in Vegas pulling all the strings. Can you imagine all the money we're going to haul in on this one?

"We're gonna make a lotta bucks. You know how? We're gonna kill the government and take all their money."

-Anonymous
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 23:31
    Not an optimist. I'm the one in Vegas pulling all the strings. Can you imagine all the money we're going to haul in on this one?

"We're gonna make a lotta bucks. You know how? We're gonna kill the government and take all their money."

-Anonymous
    Hahaha! Were it only possible! It is the other way around. Government bleeds us dry then throws us scraps. Reminds me of Rome! Bread and gladiatorial games! Hopefully you're right about them hapless Tigers. They've looked real bad!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '12 15:22
    Where's rwingett and the other fools like me that actually thought the Tigers were special? Seldom have I seen such bad baseball as these last three games. Stick a fork in 'em! They are done!
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 01:38
    Where's rwingett and the other fools like me that actually thought the Tigers were special? Seldom have I seen such bad baseball as these last three games. Stick a fork in 'em! They are done!
    Im telling you. Put your money on the tigers. 😛
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '12 11:33
    Im telling you. Put your money on the tigers. 😛
    I picked them, but bet nary a penny! I bet many in America did to their own chagrin! Seldom have I seen such ineptitude on a field of play. ONly the ref in Chelsea vs ManU was s inept as the Tigers! BTW, congrats to the Giants for a cold blooded, surgical win!
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 02:41
    This thread isn't so much fun any more. :'(
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '12 04:45
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Hey they were outplayed and outclassed. Suffered a confidence collapse and certainly were better than the Yankees whom they swept. It was not fun to watch, that's for sure. I am sorry they lost!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 14:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    :'(

Not to worry, San Fran will fall into the ocean sooner than later. 😵
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Nov '12 17:31
    Giants have won 2 out of the last 3. They must be a dynasty now.

Been 4 years since the Yankees won it all, and only once in the last 12 years.
    I guess buying those championships with the top payroll isn't working after all??

whodey, you got some serious 'splainin' to do!!!
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 15:34
    Originally posted by shortcircuit

I guess buying those championships with the top payroll isn't working after all??

3 is what makes a dynasty in a decade.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 19:50
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    3 is what makes a dynasty in a decade.
    Is that written on a stone tablet somewhere??
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '12 03:32

Majory splainin'?

The Giants are 8th in payroll, right at the top.

(easy button pressed) There, that was easy.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Nov '12 04:23
    Is that written on a stone tablet somewhere??
    Googleing it and wikipedia have NO teams with 2 wins.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Nov '12 14:09
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Googleing it and wikipedia have NO teams with 2 wins.
    So, is google the authority then???

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree