MMA?

Standard memberDiscoFingerz
Sports 17 Feb '11 15:59
  1. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 15:591 edit
    Many fans here?

If so, who you got in the potential GSP Vs Anderson Silva matchup?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Feb '11 17:18
    Originally posted by DiscoFingerz
    Many fans here?

I'm such a fan of both, here's what I'll go with though.

I'll consider St. Pierre an underdog (am I wrong?) and root for him. I like his style better, but I like Silva's also. I consider St. Pierre the underdog, but would like to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Is this pay-per-view only? If so, I'll be waiting for it to come back around on Unleashed (the rerun show showed on Spike network)

Let me know your thoughts, you're probably more versed... I'm casual follower.

P-
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 05:33
    I'm a minor fan, but I haven't been keeping up.
  4. Joined
    21 Jan '11
    Moves
    18 Feb '11 11:59
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm such a fan of both, here's what I'll go with though.

I'll consider St. Pierre an underdog (am I wrong?) and root for him. I like his style better, but I like Silva's also. I consider St. Pierre the underdog, but would like to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Is this pay-per-view only? If so, I'll be waiting for it to come back around on Unleashed (t ...[text shortened]...
    Let me know your thoughts, you're probably more versed... I'm casual follower.

P-
    I think St.Pierre could be considered to be the underdog due to having to change weight [upwards] to make the fight and also just because of how lethal Silva is on the feet. I can sort of see how it might be possible that GSP will use his awesome wrestling base to keep getting takedowns and smothering Silva, but it won't be easy that's for sure.

It will be pay-per-view only, if it happens, because GSP has got to get past Jake Shields first. Either way, what a mega fight it will be. Here's hoping 😉
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:10
    Originally posted by DiscoFingerz
    Many fans here?

St-Pierre all day long! Thats easy money as far as I am concerned.
  6. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 02:141 edit
    TO PHLABIBIT: your never wrong with your opinion. however, dont get mad if i way in here. i have been watching since day one. i have only missed two paperview events since it started. i dont know everything. i do belong to the fantasy league. and i keep up on mmajunkie.com, ufc.com, and from there you can find other sites. as for gsp vs silva? i dont think silva can beat him. now, that doesnt mean he doesnt have a punchers chance. as you can see with gsp when he got caught and lost his belt. gsp has the blue print for how to win. he brings in for each aspect of the fight game a person who is world class and better than he is in each aspect. he is pushed daily, and he never dominates in his training. he has his fun but doesnt allow it to affect his fighting. that being said, silva has always had trouble with wrestlers. pick one? anyone? sonnen had him beat and made a real dumb mistake. all he had to do was lay on his chest, and then back off and stand up. time would have run out. he had done enough to make every fan happy. of course he took steroids. they say anyway. sonnen was a great wrestler. every wrestler has taken him down. even Luter took him down but the cut in weight killed him. gsp, can punch, kick, and most of all wrestler and one of the best. if not the best. his jits is black belt level as well. he will not get caught. and he will not get tired. and when silva starts to act like a dope and bob his head up and down, gsp will take him down and pound on him. much worse than sonnen did. if he gains the weight correctly, eats the right way and continues the way he does in training , silva days as champ are now numbered. he will not clinch up, or kick, or punch gsp the way he does against others. gsp is in a class of his own and should be enjoyed while we have him. i am a fan of gsp, but hughes is my favorite, and randy and chuck. i also like silva. but i dont think in a five round fight he can last. he was to tired in the sonnen fight. gsp wont get tired like sonnen, and if silva starts to show he is tired or wobbles, gsp will knock him out or submit him. just my opinion........michael cifelli🙂
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 14:33
    Originally posted by michael cifelli
    TO PHLABIBIT: your never wrong with your opinion. however, dont get mad if i way in here. i have been watching since day one. i have only missed two paperview events since it started. i dont know everything. i do belong to the fantasy league. and i keep up on mmajunkie.com, ufc.com, and from there you can find other sites. as for gsp vs silva? i do ...[text shortened]... ired or wobbles, gsp will knock him out or submit him. just my opinion........michael cifelli🙂
    I am a huge fan of the ground game, so even if you (or me now) considers GSP to have the advantage I'm going to stick with GSP. Nothing better than seeing someone choked out, or a leg bending, or arm bending.

The ground game is like chess in my mind, where striking is checkers.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree