1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 17:09
    Originally posted by Bobla45

The man is incredibly principled. So is the owner. Normally, I am all for a man (or woman) getting everything they can in life. But when it comes to athletics, something has gone terribly wrong since the days of Flood and Messersmith....now here come the Patriots, who tell the world we will pay you a decent wage, but if it gets ridiculous, bye bye, we will ...[text shortened]... omewhere that has the fortitude to find players who will put winning before the self! Go Pats!
    As always, Bobla, I respect your considered and insightful point of view. Few years ago, awhile after Vrable was traded, Bill gave a televised interview which cut along the main nerve of the Patriot's Organization and exposed its objective dynamics. Still recall his verbatim comment: "No viable team is ever able to have the highest paid players at every position."
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 13:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    As always, Bobla, I respect your considered and insightful point of view. Few years ago, awhile after Vrable was traded, Bill gave a televised interview which cut along the main nerve of the Patriot's Organization and exposed its objective dynamics. Still recall his verbatim comment: "No viable team is ever able to have the highest paid players at every position."
    Pats are a great organization. I wish Dallas would emulate them instead of us having meddlesome ownership. I applaud the Kraft family for their hands off approach! I can't wait for Patriots-Bears. I wish I could be at the game. Cold weather, similar records, playoff implications. Doesn't get much better than that!
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 08:58
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    This should probably go under a separate thread titled Pats Smoosh Bears, but I am too lazy to start one 🙂
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 12:44
    This should probably go under a separate thread titled Pats Smoosh Bears, but I am too lazy to start one 🙂
    For now it looks like Pats are definitely on their way. They whipped a really stout D into submission in adverse conditions and once again proved their young D is underrated!
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 13:501 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    For now it looks like Pats are definitely on their way. They whipped a really stout D into submission in adverse conditions and once again proved their young D is underrated!
    Another clinic from the Pats while the Jets show how much they were wounded last week.

I found it strange rooting for Miami, they showed a good 5 minutes or so of the Miami Jets game after the NE game.

P-
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 13:52
    Hear hear...
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 21:04
    Patriots Update!

They are STILL AWESOME!~

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree