1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 15:19
    Offensive bias

Take #92 out of the game, and the Steelers got stomped, but did he get most valuable?
  2. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 15:34
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Offensive bias

Take #92 out of the game, and the Steelers got stomped, but did he get most valuable?
    92 also had a very costly penalty late in the game.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 15:44
    The right guy got the MVP in my opinion.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 16:10
    Originally posted by dryhump
    92 also had a very costly penalty late in the game.
    But he was the cause of three costly penalties for the other side.

Originally posted by darvlay
    The right guy got the MVP in my opinion.

That's my point: it must always go to an offensive player. In this case, to the guy that caught a pass they practice every day, year in and year out. The guy whose dramatic catch mimics what you see every Sunday through the course of the season.

How often does a lineman practice intercepting the football and running it back 100 yards? Never.

Fact is, the Steelers were outplayed for most of the game, excepting their dominance of the first quarter. If not for the dramatic interception at the end of the first half, they would have been the team coming from behind early in the second half.

Every team in the NFL can run down the field in two minutes and score a touchdown to win a game. Every receiver in the NFL can get his toes down in the corner of the end zone to make a touchdown. Every quarterback in the NFL can throw the pass to such a receiver.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Feb '09 01:20
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    But he was the cause of three costly penalties for the other side.

Originally posted by darvlay
    [b]The right guy got the MVP in my opinion.

That's my point: it must always go to an offensive player. In this case, to the guy that caught a pass they practice every day, year in and year out. The guy whose dramatic catch mimics what you see eve ...[text shortened]... d zone to make a touchdown. Every quarterback in the NFL can throw the pass to such a receiver.[/b]
    Jake Scott won the MVP from defensive side.

Chuck Howley won it from the defensive side for the LOSING team.

Randy White & Harvey Martin were co-winners from defensive side.

Larry Brown won it on defense.

Richard Dent won it too.

I think Ray Lewis also won it.

That is at least six I can think of off the top of my head. There are probably some I have forgotten too.

It doesn't always go to an offensive player. But the correct choice was made this time. If the Cardinals had won, who would you have given it to? The defense played well, but you would have given it to Fitzgerald or Warner.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree